What phone were you using previously?

synctek

Reaction score
Moved over from the Dare which was a great phone compared to the chocolate I previously owned. It will be missed
Reason: $100 rebate and co-worker offered to buy the Dare for $100 - so
Droid = just over $100.00

Luv the Droid!!!

By the way...while I was waiting for the Verizon rep to provision my Droid, I over heard her take a phone call and tell the person on the other line that the Droid retail is $600.00

NVash

Reaction score
I switched from the Dare over to this. I originally wanted a Blackberry but saw this was coming out so I got it instead. Great decision I think.

Colalen

Reaction score
I was a Blackberry user. The lastest being the Tour. I loved the Blackberry phones but after getting the Droid I realize how much I was missing. I won't be looking back! =)

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Left my BB Storm 1 in the dust. It's now packed neatly away in it's packaging.... :byestorm:

oshizo

Reaction score
Well I was using th q. That was myu first itteration of a smartphone. The interface was disappointing to say th least , I went back to the nokia 3300... now I'm back and loving it!

wakblak

Reaction score
Samsung SCH-i760 Windows Mobile phone
Poor interface which I'm glad to be rid of.

kenjwhite

Reaction score
I left apple, because all I wanted was a phone, that I could swap the battery when it gets low.... But apple has other ideas...

stdesign

Reaction score
Been on PalmOS PDA's since '97. My last phone was a 755p and I was waiting for the Pre to appear on Verizon... But the Droid got there first. I still wish Palm all the best (against all odds, right about now), but I'm lovin' the Droid after less than a week (and a major phone change).

JerryRecords

Reaction score
I have an LG Dare. That thing had potential to be a great phone at first but it's not responsive like some other touch screen phones, and it has given me a lot of headaches. So, I'm lookin for a better phone right now. I'm still debating whether I could pay the extra $30 for the Data Plan which makes no sense, just more expensive, I already have the premium plan on vzw, how much more premium could it get? ughh...

nite 0wl

Reaction score
I'm still debating whether I could pay the extra $30 for the Data Plan which makes no sense, just more expensive, I already have the premium plan on vzw, how much more premium could it get? ughh...
You need the data plan if you want to get the smartphone internet access (meaning e-mail, web browsing, YouTube, etc.)

reefsrt4

Reaction score
iPhone 3G was stolen last week. Saw the Droid, played with it at the local Verizon store and was hooked. Frankly got sick of jailbreaking, restoring to get new functionality, then jailbreaking again. Apple's locked down system is retarded. Everything I loved about gaining when jailbroken is native to Droid! Widgets, video, SMS/MMS quick reply, etc....

Current problem is trying to find a way to convert Apple's backup file format to TXT or CSV, so I can import my contacts into the new Droid.