What phone were you using previously?

f150steeler

Reaction score
I had the Dare and loved it and kinda miss it...cool options like ignoring a call and able to send quick text like "in meeting, call you back". Also, the ability to slide through text messages and pics. Any tips and tricks welcomed. Thanks!

OP
D

DroidMastar

hmm

Wait, i'm still using my blackberry... Though it has nothing on the droid... Only reason i keep it is because of BBM... No one knows the power of GTalk.. :(

mr4r4n

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
ive done alot of carrier jumping when i was trying to find what i wanted long story short with the exception of a few dumb phones in between ive been using windows mobile since wm2003 all the way to 6.5 now its done alot for me and ive liked it because of that but the direction that 6.5 is taking i didnt like not only have they staggered their way through alot to think that 6.5 was supposed to take on android and 7.0 everything else, it took to long for them to move and they lost a WM loyalist the droid won me over from the hardware to the openness of android and for that, mine will hopefully be ordered by this friday!

deceptikub

Reaction score
I ditched my iPhone after six months of struggling with it. I hate to admit, but the Droid's ad campaign (combined with actually playing with one) totally me on selling my iPhone to pay for the ETF and put the rest of the money towards a Droid. I've had it for a little over a week and I'm in love with this thing!

alfmoonspace

Reaction score
Storm 1- don't hate me for saying this but its not tooooo bad after 5.0 upgrade, its still a piece though.

iphone- 1st gen and 3g, loved the phone but att was so hard to work with it was a lost cause, plus majority of my family is on verizon.

Droid is coming tomorrow, haven't seen it in person yet but I'm hopefully! As long as it has a super good sports app, I am good! :icon_ banana:

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had a Voyager. Quite a learning curve, but I'm loving it.

praeceps

Reaction score
The LG enV 1. Before that was the original V. I've never had a phone without a keyboard. Although neither of my previous phones counted as smart phones, they were fairly capable and well designed... except for that supid enV button.

BillTheCat

Reaction score
I already answered the poll & posted about my current phone being a BB Storm 9530 with the 5.0 software (which did help a lot).

Just figured I'd throw in that a co-worker of mine also ditched his BB Storm 9530 for a Droid. He just pulled the trigger before I did. He was actually shopping for a new phone for his wife, who said the Droid looked too complicated. So he got the Droid & she took his Storm.

Yeah, I chuckled, too. While I've had precious little hands on time with the Droid to this point, everything I have heard says Android is easier than BB OS.

My Droid should arrive today. Can't wait.

QiG

Reaction score
Came over from the LG Dare I got on release day. They let me do a six month early upgrade for that one as well as the Droid, so who was I to say no to either? It wasn't a bad phone by any means, but there is just so much that phone doesn't do or that you need to find workarounds to accomplish what you want when compared to a smart phone that it was a no brainer to make the jump.

Day 2 of owning the Droid and I'm blown away by the little amount of tinkering I put in so far.

erasmussen14

Reaction score
Had the Samsung Omnia and loved it. Unfortunately the phone was dropping and/or not sending text messages which would start countless fights/arguments.

Was using SPB Mobile Shell and was very happy with the phone, still miss its ability to save applications to the SD card missing from the Droid. And find interesting similarities to SPB M.S. to Android and I'm pleased that Android can be customized similarly to WinMo.

Just waiting now for a Android browser that will support flash (or pretend to) like Skyfire used to do on my Omnia.

So far very happy with my Droid, but do miss things about my Omnia.

E