What phone were you using previously?

Stormy Knight

Reaction score
LG Dimmer

LG Glimmer. Phone was so stupid, Verizon couldn't even port my contacts over to my Droid.

lhwilson

Reaction score
Former phone as of last Friday AM was the enV Touch - now in my stepson's hands. I give him 6 months before he's destroyed it.

sillyshyboyme

Reaction score
I was on the Storm22 but hated it cause not so OS friendly my 2 cents though. Also I miss the free blackberry sync options but till then I stay with missingsync for andriod beta.

Legalgear

Reaction score
I really struggled to not get another windows phone. It doesn't do all that much and it is behind the times, but it is certainly functional and the familiarity with windows and flexibility is better than the droid.

redjr

Reaction score
Samsung SCH-i760 running Windows Mobile 6.0. After 2 years it started showing its age. Samsung never did support it. What a dog. The DROID runs circles around it!

nite 0wl

Reaction score
Palm Treo 650 running PalmOS. It was purchased second hand and was already a bit beat up when I got it and after almost a year of heavy use the keyboard just got worse. Combined with the hideously slow data connection, the interruptions caused by the mail client retrieving messages from about half-a-dozen accounts and the pure lousiness of Verizon's apps/OS-mods made me desperate to get something better and that hopefully didn't require me to grow out my thumb nails to use the touch screen.

DroidBoy

Reaction score
Well I came from the iPhone which, apart from AT&t's service is a fabulous phone and overall, mini-browsing, messaging, and email device. The Droid is very very good even in comparison although I think they missed a few things. But only a few. So far, I really like my Droid.:greendroid:

Markee

Reaction score
Had a LG 8700 Nice small phone... Still working well... Looking forward to Jump to warp speed... Even if it does cost an extra $30 per month for the Data service...

Verizon gives my company 20% discount... So the minimum $69.98 becomes $55.98 So it is slightly less painful..

MQAAord

Reaction score
Before my droid I had a Samsung sch-u740. Nice phone, but I was ready for an upgrade.

cgarnes

Reaction score
AllTel's HTC PPC-6800, and I loved it until my operating system locked up. Prior to that two year old phone, I had an AT & T Cingular 8125, and prior to that, I had an AT & T VT-551, and a desk drawer full of other cell phones...

I have to say, had it not been for that stupid Windows Mobile operating system fluke, I'd have been happy to have kept my HTC PPC-6800. It had everything that I wanted: wi-fi, bluetooth, unlimited internet browsing, speakerphone, and it checked all of my e-mail accounts...

I have to be honest, though, I really REALLY miss my AllTel price structure for smartphones. Four lines with AllTel for $156 a month (one unlimited internet) vs. TWO phone on Verzion for about $189...

OUCH.