Verizon's 'Certified Like New Program' Warranty Exchange Gets New Stricter Policies

Beardface

Reaction score
Original site: Verizon Changes Certified Like-New Replacement Program | Gadget University

here is the part that was omitted here:
I’m still in shock. As a new Verizon customer. I don’t know if I should be alarmed or if this would even apply to me. Since I have Total Equipment protection, I wouldn’t be subjected to “all” these rules. As far as the rest of the customers, I can’t help but say it, but you are getting screwed. While these documents are real, it almost seems like a April fools joke. I assure you that it isn’t. Be Sure to check out the full details in the gallery below.

Oh and before I leave you wondering, “What Verizon was thinking?”…For those of you near verizon service centers. Those stores will only carry a few devices on hand to replace. Also they are only to distributed out on an Emergency basis. Meaning, if you are not military or a smartphone user. You could be out of luck. For some strange reason windows Phones are not included in this emergency, neither are iPhones. Once again, Android looks to be the golden child.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It is hilarious now seeing people get so riled up about something they don't understand.

That blog must be correct if it's on the internet right?

Sent from my DROIDX

Then explain it to us... if it's misinformation I'm all for clarification :)

Standard shipping is now via USPS economy. The phone standards listed are for phones that are being sent OUT by Verizon. If you send in a damaged phone, you will be charged and be sent photos of the damage.

Sent from my DROIDX

Ok, so the shipping information in the article is wrong... but how does this affect the rest of this ridiculous policy?

vatothe0

Reaction score
Then explain it to us... if it's misinformation I'm all for clarification :)

Standard shipping is now via USPS economy. The phone standards listed are for phones that are being sent OUT by Verizon. If you send in a damaged phone, you will be charged and be sent photos of the damage.

Sent from my DROIDX

Ok, so the shipping information in the article is wrong... but how does this affect the rest of this ridiculous policy?

Replacements are only shipped, not in stores. Send in a damaged phone and you get charged.

Not sure what you're asking otherwise.

Sent from my DROIDX

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
All the "furthermores" and "also's" in that article spell out one thing...........April Fools : )

Sent from my Droid

vatothe0

Reaction score
All the "furthermores" and "also's" in that article spell out one thing...........April Fools : )

Sent from my Droid

The article in itself certainly is a joke, but not the funny ha ha kind.

Sent from my DROIDX

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Sent from my DROIDX

Replacements are only shipped, not in stores. Send in a damaged phone and you get charged.

Sent from my DROIDX

I'm asking...

If I go into a VZW store for a replacement (as I had to for a manufacturer's defect) am I subject to this 'cosmetic standard' in order to get my replacement?

vatothe0

Reaction score

Sent from my DROIDX

I'm asking...

If I go into a VZW store for a replacement (as I had to for a manufacturer's defect) am I subject to this 'cosmetic standard' in order to get my replacement?

No. as I said before, the cosmetic standards are for phones verizon is sending out.

Sent from my DROIDX

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Sent from my DROIDX

I'm asking...

No. as I said before, the cosmetic standards are for phones verizon is sending out.

Sent from my DROIDX
Ok. So if it's for phone's VZW is sending out... why would they take one in knowing that they're being held to that standard to send it out?

So I'm not held to the standard at a brick and mortar but would be if I mailed it to VZW?

bhall238

Reaction score
I don't believe anything written here today (April 1), not even if I wrote it.

onsht1kll

Reaction score
You're held to the same standards if its replaced at the store level or if u order it on the phone .. either way if the warehouse deems it as damaged u get charged .. even if the tech at the store says u won't .. the warehouse is what determines whether It's considered damaged or not .. I can see a broken screen or totally beat to crap but not a few blemishes .. the warehouse just wants to reuse plastics in their refurbs ..

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Dust under the lens cover is a defect in their design. No surface flaws...piss off. I can understand no scratches on the glass. Screen protectors are mostly a must these days. At the same time though, I can see people purposefully breaking their devices to get a like new replacement because of a flaw on their existing device. I have a feeling this is all due to the iPHone being on verizon now.

vatothe0

Reaction score
I'm asking...

Sent from my DROIDX
Ok. So if it's for phone's VZW is sending out... why would they take one in knowing that they're being held to that standard to send it out?

So I'm not held to the standard at a brick and mortar but would be if I mailed it to VZW?

Third time through...
Unless you are verizon wireless and are sending a phone out to a customer, ignore the cosmetic requirements.

Sent from my DROIDX

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Dust under the lens cover is a defect in their design. No surface flaws...piss off. I can understand no scratches on the glass. Screen protectors are mostly a must these days. At the same time though, I can see people purposefully breaking their devices to get a like new replacement because of a flaw on their existing device. I have a feeling this is all due to the iPHone being on verizon now.

I'm sure the iPhone has something to do with it. So much policy has changed since it launched it's sickening.

I agree that there are those who take advantage of replacements which brings VZW to create such ridiculous standards.

But as mentioned, I work in a job where my device gets scratch and dinged up... and should something legitimately go wrong with it I don't want to be refused a replacement (or charged) because of the cosmetic condition. I can see if it's the glass/screen that's scratched because along with cosmetic the screen is obviously functional.