Certified Like New Replacement Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonppp

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
The only reason I called for a replacement is because my keyboard is failing, the p/o/i/l and space will auto-repeat a few times if you press them once. I've already done all the obvious restore factory defaults, etc. The phone hasn't been rooted/overclocked, never dropped, beaten or gotten wet. the phone works flawless, minus this annoying keyboard issue. I removed swype and shapewriter thinking that was somehow the cause, I've concluded its a hardware issue.

well see that picture didnt illistrate that it just shows that the slider is opening on one side more then the other

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Just opened my slider up. I can't make mine take that big of an angle even with a little force. I'd send it back too. I know it's only a phone guys but, I guarantee you that if something important to you like, your house was built on that kind of angle you would not be happy.

Try it.. open your phone and put the top part just above the "enter" key. Then try forcing the left hand side of your phone down to the botom of the "a" button.

jasonppp

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
i can make mine look just like that picture but nothing is wrong with my phone.
so i will take the advice my grandfather always said.
"if it isnt broke dont fix it"

Last edited:

robry

Reaction score
my orig does move slightly, but its nowhere NEAR as bad as that.

Nedaroth

Reaction score
IMG_20101007_123511.jpg

phone #2 replacement is even worse. I'm just gonna goto the store and see what they'll do.

I have had my droid from day one aswell and no problem like this, there should not be this amount play. I would send it back for this alone.

MrKleen

Reaction score
I also would send that phone back in a heartbeat!

Droids

Reaction score
I never use the pysical keyboard and never removed the plastic from underneath the slider so my slider is still like new. I can force it into a crooked position, not quite as much as the picture, but close. I'd rather buy a replacement keyboard, swap it out myself, than deal with CLNR hell.

ricks

Reaction score
i can make mine look just like that picture but nothing is wrong with my phone.
so i will take the advice my grandfather always said.
"if it isnt broke dont fix it"

If I had your phone Id throw it away, its not supposed to open like that. But maybe you like your phones busted up and loose hinges and what not. Not me, they tried giving me one like that and others and I finally complained to corporate headquarters and they gave me an X and apologized for all my inconveniences. I say again, your phone is busted up. You should get a good one. And your grandfather knows nothing about smart phones.

Last edited:

jasonppp

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
i am not superficial i can deal with what i got. and my grandfather may not "know" smartphones but he could spell and comprehend

again

"i can make mine look just like that picture but nothing is wrong with my phone"

at the vzw store brand new the phone will do that.. and i will prove it when i am standing in the store today. i willl take a picture of one out of the box doing the same thing. and i will post the pic the key twist like that is maybe a 3rd degree change

ricks

Reaction score
i am not superficial i can deal with what i got. and my grandfather may not "know" smartphones but he could spell and comprehend

again

"i can make mine look just like that picture but nothing is wrong with my phone"

at the vzw store brand new the phone will do that.. and i will prove it when i am standing in the store today. i willl take a picture of one out of the box doing the same thing. and i will post the pic the key twist like that is maybe a 3rd degree change

If you're going to make fun of how someone spells, make sure you can too. I have looked back and see some spelling and grammer mistakes from you. I hope when you go to the store, they watch you break a phone.

jasonppp

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
true but never a four letter word and when i do get to verizon and take pic i will post in this post and not make another

Last edited:

borge12

Reaction score
at the vzw store brand new the phone will do that.. and i will prove it when i am standing in the store today.

I've had four D1s.

Three out of four could not do this, and I just sent back the one that could. There is something wrong with the hinge.

When I get a phone that is labeled 'like new' I want it to be like the new one I got out of that box, not a crappy refurb with a broken slider.

jasonppp

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
i understand that but after long term use you willl get alot more play i've had my phone since day 1 mine is old and i did use the slideout keyboard alot.

all functions of phone work perfectly with the play of the keyboard with including being able to slide keyboard just like picture

hell my phone is so old that the gold paint on camera button is gone it is now white lol maybe i will send it back for that lol j/k

Last edited:

ricks

Reaction score
true but never a four letter word and when i do get to verizon and take pic i will post in this post and not make another

You won't be able to find a new Droid1 to see a bad hinge. So just go away before you really make a fool of yourself.

jasonppp

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
You won't be able to find a new Droid1 to see a bad hinge. So just go away before you really make a fool of yourself.

sorry to tell you but goto the csr section they have thousands in the counter.

just because it isnt on shelf doesnt mean they dont have them. and i am friends with local csr so i will post pic dont worry

Status
Not open for further replies.