Verizon Tech here - ask away!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdalemercer

Reaction score
Deleting e-mails....

Viper,
Is there a way to "delete all" e-mails - and/or have them "stay deleted" once I delete them? (sometimes they show back up in my inbox after they have been deleted)

Thanks in advance for your help.

MdicnMan

Reaction score
Viper,

Myself and a few others have noticed a slight screen calibration issue that requires the user to touch slightly above the intended target. Others have not seen this, have you seen or heard of this?

Could it just be my unit?

I am talking slightly higher like 1/16 or 1/8 of a inch. I am a previous Itouch user and believe the calibration on the touch was much better.

I noticed the same thing. The 2.0.1 update resolved this completely. Perhaps a coincidence but I am happy regardless.

metasin

Reaction score
quick question (ill probably have more later). going through my contacts after the update and all my contacts have 3-4 facebook icons to view their profiles instead of one. anyway to fix this to only show 1 like before the update?

I have had the same issue. The only way I could fix it was to remove the Facebook account from the sync application. I then reinstalled it and all the contacts had only 1 profile. Sometimes if you go back to re-add the FB account it will not let you. In that case make sure you are logged out of the FB app and retry. Not sure why that matters but it did for me.

sho_greg

Reaction score
Mr. Viperboy

I have a question about chargers.... I would really like to get a cheap charger that works.

Where could I find one?

Can damange be done using some of these chargers- I have chargers they claim work for the droid but it makes the screen go crazy----

Any help appreciated- I know you want to sell a $30 verizon charger, but I was thinking in the $4 range...

Greg

Graffin

Reaction score
Hey Viper,
Just wanted to say thanks for helping out, though I'm not sure you knew what you were getting yourself into ;)

Good luck with the questions. I'm sure your PM box is filling up, as well.

kgregg

Reaction score
I got $7 charger 3 pack (USB cable, 12v cig lighter charger, 110v home charger) from Amazon (sold by BarbainCell, I think). Search amazon for droid charger cable. Kevin

Mr. Viperboy

I have a question about chargers.... I would really like to get a cheap charger that works.

Where could I find one?

Can damange be done using some of these chargers- I have chargers they claim work for the droid but it makes the screen go crazy----

Any help appreciated- I know you want to sell a $30 verizon charger, but I was thinking in the $4 range...

Greg

madrsx

Reaction score
Holy cow. If this pace of posting keeps up, viper will have another full time job on his hands besides actually working at verizon. I hope we don't burn out viper - it would be a shame to lose such a helpful resource.

jmacal83

Reaction score
I just finished reading all the post's on this thread.......it amazing on how many questions people have about their droid device, and viper responds to them quickly.

Madsrx - I think once VIPER mentioned he was VZ tech, he started his second job here.

Keep up the great work VIPER.

andjarnic

Reaction score
Misc calls at different time of day

Hey Viper,

I see you are being inundated with posts. I am hoping you can get to this one because it seems to be an odd issue that really is causing problems for many people. The issue is where the droid phone just makes some random calls, often calling the last person you called, usually late at night. It seems a couple threads indicate that if the phone is on a non-oem charger this may happen. First of all.. why? What does a non-oem charger have to do with the droid starting up and dialing a phone number? That just seems like a major flaw.. yet it only seems to be some people having this problem. Any ideas why this might be? Has either Motorolla or google addressed this issue.. is it a hardware thing with the charging jack that somehow triggers the dialer? That seems really strange to me that this could happen at all.

Thanks.

andjarnic

Reaction score
Sho_greg.. as per my previous post, it seems that a number of people experienced random calls by the phone when on a non-OEM charger. You may want to consider NOT going that route. $29 for the dock is actually pretty reasonable. It's a lot cheaper than any apple equivalent.

On Droids

Reaction score
Thanks for joining the forum Viper. Quick access to a real tech is excellent. Although you may need one of these..lol

Tekmazter

Reaction score
Ranger,

I just swapped out my DROID because of that. I used the physical keyboard A LOT however. I'm wondering if that played into it. Since my exchange, I have really tried to stay with only the virtual keyboard.

I'm curious too if anyone else is a strong user of the physical keyboard on this device and experienced the same issue.

Viper,
More of a hardware issue, i've exchanged one droid already for this but... have you seen any phones come in with a loose screen, tapping on the left side. Best way to describe this is it feels like you typing on BB Storm, the top half of the phone clocks against the bottom half (mostly on the left side) when pressing on the screen.

Thanks.

zegwin

Reaction score
Well he or she has a job and probably needs to sleep at some point... and probably has a social life. Just relax. Only one of him and many of us. so give him time.

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I just registered for this site. Seems like a great place to be. I do Tech Support for Verizon in-store and know all of the phones pretty well. I am here to answer any questions you might have (let's try to keep it related to the Droid) that you might not have the answer to. Please keep in mind, I'm not a developer and I'm not going to be able to tell you that why such and such app isn't working on your phone. I'm here to answer questions related to Verizon and how the Droid works with Verizon's network and any tech related questions related to the Droid.

Feel free to ask whatever questions you have, and mods, if there is a better place for this thread, please feel free to move it :) Thanks guys. I look forward to helping you.
This is likely a dumb question, but here goes. Open up messaging, and there is a red triangle icon with a white exclamation point in it, next to a txt messaging thread. What does that red triangle icon indicate?

keiichi25

Reaction score
Yes... Note that Viper did say he was working as a Tech at Verizon Wireless.

With that said, he is not going to be exactly sitting at a computer, ready to answer questions at any moment, he is also not an Authorized Verizon Wireless Rep. :)

Please note, he is doing this on his own free time, so that means he will try and respond when he can an when he is able to. Just like most of us, he does have a life outside of this forum and all. :)

Now... If he was AUTHORIZED by Verizon to be a representative on this website, they would pay him to help people out on a forum. But given most company stipulations, and the fact he is doing this on his own free time, you just have to pace yourselves and be patient. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.