Verizon Tech here - ask away!

Status
Not open for further replies.

me5150

Reaction score
I also seem to notice it on my end. Not sure if it's from the update, or adjusting the setting, but I do not get the Bass sound when I talk.

TucsonDroid

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I just registered for this site. Seems like a great place to be. I do Tech Support for Verizon in-store and know all of the phones pretty well. I am here to answer any questions you might have (let's try to keep it related to the Droid) that you might not have the answer to. Please keep in mind, I'm not a developer and I'm not going to be able to tell you that why such and such app isn't working on your phone. I'm here to answer questions related to Verizon and how the Droid works with Verizon's network and any tech related questions related to the Droid.

Feel free to ask whatever questions you have, and mods, if there is a better place for this thread, please feel free to move it :) Thanks guys. I look forward to helping you.
When I opened my computer this morning, Gmail asked me to change my password. How do I sync my phone?

RichStevenson

Reaction score
Hi Viper,
When I sync my contacts with FB I have about 5 contacts, out of 80, that change from displaying lastname/firstname to firstname/lastname. If I go into edit those contacts, they name order is correct. The one thing I did notice is those contacts have 2 gmail listings. I suspect that's the problem, but what to do to correct it?

EDIT: The second gmail listing was only one the one contact. There was two in my gmail contacts. Deleting that cleared the two listing issue. Contact still displays as firstname/lastname. Driving me crazy!

Last edited:

porschegirl

Reaction score
Help Phone completely black

second phone i have had in 10 days. i am beginning to think I should give up on this phone. it is fully charged but remains black. frustrating because now i am in a different state and need to take the phone in to be checked or return for good. LOL

ddelorme

Reaction score
Just tried a call after the call settings tweak and it sounded even better than after the 2.0.1 update yesterday---both ends of the call sounded better.

Any other programming tweaks that can improve overall quality?

Viper- Thanks!

bflogirl32

Reaction score
Viperboy please help, I did the update for the droid but it deleted all but 30 of my contacts. Which means I lost about 400 numbers. I pulled the battery, that didn't work. This is my first "smart phone" so I had yet to figure out how to backup to anywhere and the backup assistant I had previously I haven't figured out how to put on the phone. Please help, I am hysterical over here! Thanks in advance and I hope you have a fix for me.

Jef

Reaction score
Do we know if the Verizon is aware of the Browser lag issue introduced in the 2.0.1 update?

It's starting to get alot of reports on the Google Code bug page.

I posted about the details, and video example of it here:

Browser Issue with Verizon Droid 2.0.1 Update - JefTek.com

If Verizon is aware of it, do we know if they have any plans on when a patch might be available? Will it have to wait till January?

Droids

Reaction score
Viperboy please help, I did the update for the droid but it deleted all but 30 of my contacts. Which means I lost about 400 numbers. I pulled the battery, that didn't work. This is my first "smart phone" so I had yet to figure out how to backup to anywhere and the backup assistant I had previously I haven't figured out how to put on the phone. Please help, I am hysterical over here! Thanks in advance and I hope you have a fix for me.
Log into your gmail account on the computer and check your contact list. If they are missing there as well, then they are gone for good. Hopefully you still have the contacts on your previous phone and can re-import them?

For everyone, it's a good idea to use the gmail account on the computer to export your contacts as a backup. Apparently this is especially important to do before any OS update.

Edit: Someone had posted this in another thread regarding missing contacts after the update -
"Anyway, thought they were gone, but it was simply a setting on the phone that had changed. For some reason the update changed a 'display' setting in contacts that only displayed contacts flagged as 'My Contacts." (even though I had never flagged any contacts any such way) Once I re-checked 'All Other Contacts' everyone reappeared."

Last edited:

DoTheDrew

Reaction score
Hey Viper, thanks for taking the time of joining the forum!

quick question (ill probably have more later). going through my contacts after the update and all my contacts have 3-4 facebook icons to view their profiles instead of one. anyway to fix this to only show 1 like before the update?

gprichardson1

Reaction score
Update, contacts, factory reset

Hi Viper,

It's great that you take the time to look in on this forum. I'm sure everyone appreciates your help and time.

This morning my wife's phone got the OTA update and she updated to 2.0.1. After that she started getting the sync error of "Too many deletes" for her gmail contacts. Interestingly enough, I had gotten the same error when I updated. What I did was I exported my contacts on gmail then on my phone I responded to that error with "delete". That seemed to do the trick for me. However, my wife chose "undo deletes" and now a bunch of her contacts are screwed up. For instance, her contact for mine now shows three entries when she edits the contact; each one a little different.

Also, now her contacts won't sync. She's getting the "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly." message. I suspect she's going to have to clean up the mess that happened in her contacts (because of the update?) before they'll sync again. It also seems her gmail (email) isn't syncing either. Have you seen this happen to anyone before? If one of the three gmail syncs (calendar, email, contacts) gets an error does it tend to screw up the syncing abilities of the others?

Related to that, I was thinking it might just be easier if she deleted her gmail account from her phone and re-add it; thinking that deleting it would nuke all her contacts and she could resync it from gmail. But when she tried to delete it the phone told her she couldn't (sorry, don't remember the exact error). That being said, how painful is it to do a factory reset? I've seen mention of it on the forums but haven't seen any instructions on what you have to do AFTER the reset to get your phone back to where it was. Do you have any instructions on how to do this?

Thanks for any help!

-Gary

uplate

Reaction score
thanks for taking your time to help us all out.

Myself and others have reported that doing a Voice search (even in car home mode) and saying "call Joe Doe Mobile" will always do a google web search and never go into phone mode. saying "dial 555-1212" does the same thing. Voice search always goes straight to the web search. Some users have no problem, others like myself do.

any ideas?

Thanks.

tsitalon1

Reaction score
Viper,

Myself and a few others have noticed a slight screen calibration issue that requires the user to touch slightly above the intended target. Others have not seen this, have you seen or heard of this?

Could it just be my unit?

I am talking slightly higher like 1/16 or 1/8 of a inch. I am a previous Itouch user and believe the calibration on the touch was much better.

tlkaos

Reaction score
video sms

Is the any way of viewing video clips that are sent in text messages

deep_spaceus

Reaction score
When you got your Droid you must have signed up for a gmail account. All your contacts should be in your gmail account and you should be able to sync those to the phone. Check your gmail account and make sure that your contacts are there.

Status
Not open for further replies.