Verizon Tech here - ask away!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
V

viperboy

Reaction score
Viperboy, thanks for helping us Droid users with question/problems we have with our devices! I just have a couple issues that I'm concerned about:

1. Why is it that I still can't view some animated/videos that are sent to me by MMS? I have a friend that has another verizon smartphone (Blackberry Storm) and he has not problem viewing them.

2. When I check my Gmail account, it still shows some of the content (images) that are attached to the email as "question marks" instead of what it is supposed to be.

Thanks again, hope you can help!

1. What happens when you get them? If you press and hold, do you have an option to save? If so, can you then play it back from the phone? The 2.0.1 update fixed a problem with some MMS messages from LG phones not working properly.

2. Do you mean in a certain email? Did you click "Show Pictures"? Did it still happen after that? Would it happen to be a corporate account, by chance?

Sorry for not having answers, I just need a little bit more information.

richie1378

Reaction score
Viperboy, thanks for helping us Droid users with question/problems we have with our devices! I just have a couple issues that I'm concerned about:

1. Why is it that I still can't view some animated/videos that are sent to me by MMS? I have a friend that has another verizon smartphone (Blackberry Storm) and he has not problem viewing them.

2. When I check my Gmail account, it still shows some of the content (images) that are attached to the email as "question marks" instead of what it is supposed to be.

1. What happens when you get them? If you press and hold, do you have an option to save? If so, can you then play it back from the phone? The 2.0.1 update fixed a problem with some MMS messages from LG phones not working properly.

2. Do you mean in a certain email? Did you click "Show Pictures"? Did it still happen after that? Would it happen to be a corporate account, by chance?

Wow, guess you're up this early too, LOL

1. I haven't actually tried saving it again after the update but before it would just show the first image of the video (like a photo). I'll try saving the next one first and see if it'll play.

2. I just checked that email again, and it still does not show the images. It's just a regular email from a friend nothing really complicated about it. I was wondering, could I send that email to you and you check it on your phone? Do you have a Droid also?

Thanks for your fast reply!

OP
V

viperboy

Reaction score

Wow, guess you're up this early too, LOL

1. I haven't actually tried saving it again after the update but before it would just show the first image of the video (like a photo). I'll try saving the next one first and see if it'll play.

2. I just checked that email again, and it still does not show the images. It's just a regular email from a friend nothing really complicated about it. I was wondering, could I send that email to you and you check it on your phone? Do you have a Droid also?

Thanks for your fast reply!

Saving the MMS should make it work for you. Keep me updated!

And sure, I will give you an email to send it to. Check your PM.

medicTHREE

Reaction score
Images not displaying was a known issue in 2.0. it was supposedly update in 2.0.1 but I still have about 50% success and definitely have trouble seeing some images attached.

Silverwing

Reaction score
Mr. Viper,

1. My droid periodically deletes all my text messages, this issue appears to happen at random times and I can't seem to predict what causes it. Last time it happened, I wasn't using any third party apps, I was just texting and suddenly all was blank, every text gone - from everyone

2. My phone does no vibrate when I get text messages. I have vibrate turned on in both the main settings and the SMS settings. I get haptic feedback from the bottom four buttons, but SMS messages never vibrate - ever. No matter if the phone is on silent, vibrate only, or the loudest setting (or anything in between). Third party apps to vibrate, I installed some to see if there was a hardware bug, but deleted them after my tests. The phone will not vibrate for SMS, still.

3. Lastly, ever since I got the 2.0.1 upgrade via OTA, I have been having terrible lag in the browser. This issue does not seem unique to me and there are several threads talking about this new problem. Do you know if there is a way to fix it, or if there is already and update in the works to fix this major nuisance. Here is a thread about this issue:

Issue 5286 - android - Browser lags when scrolling after 2.0.1 Update on Motorola DROID - Project Hosting on Google Code

Thank you for answering my questions, I couldn't find answers to them anywhere.

:motdroidhoriz:

Last edited:
OP
V

viperboy

Reaction score
Richie, took a look at that email. Some of the pictures were animated .gifs. I looked at the email from my computer and all the images showed up though. The other pictures were .jpg's. None of them came through to my phone. I don't know for sure, but that message was forwarded alot, maybe something happened with all the forwarding??

I never have a problem with viewing pictures in an email and I hardly ever get forwarded email, so that is the best thing I can tell you. I will monitor the pictures coming though emails more closely but I never noticed a problem before.

OP
V

viperboy

Reaction score
Mr. Viper,

1. My droid periodically deletes all my text messages, this issue appears to happen at random times and I can't seem to predict what causes it. Last time it happened, I wasn't using any third party apps, I was just texting and suddently all was blank, every text gone - from everyone

1. My phone does no vibrate when I get text messages. I have vibrate turned on in both the main settings and the SMS settings. I get haptic feedback from the bottom four buttons, but SMS messages never vibrate - ever. No matter if the phone is on silent, vibrate only, or the loudest setting (or anything in between). Third party apps to vibrate, I installed some to see if there was a hardware bug, but deleted them after my tests. The phone will not vibrate for SMS, still

1. Lastly, ever since I got the 2.0.1 upgrade via OTA, I have been having terrible lag in the browser. This issue does not seem unique to me and there are several threads talking about this new problem. Do you know if there is a way to fix it, or if there is already and update in the works to fix this major nuisence.

Thank you for answering my questions, I couldn't find answers to them anywhere.

:motdroidhoriz:

For the first 2 issues, it seems as if it could be a 3rd part program issue. Try booting in Safe Mode and see if it happens again. The instructions are at the top of page 2. The random SMS delete is not something that I have heard about. I know that people on the forums will tend to have more issues than people in the stores. You guys use your phones more for the most part, but just because I haven't seen it in the store, doesn't mean I don't read the forums and know the problems people are having.

For the vibrate issue, again could be a 3rd party program problem. Do you have anything that affects the SMS app or how notifications are handled? When in Safe Mode, make sure that you go into Messaging > Menu > Settings and scroll all the way to the bottom and make sure that "Vibrate" is selected. Try a few test SMS's and if it works, you have a 3rd party program jumping in somewhere... unless... has it not ever vibrated on an SMS since you got it on day 1?

Stormy Knight

Reaction score
Hand warmer

Have there been any reports of the Droid heating up while in use and not while it's charging? Is this normal?

Silverwing

Reaction score
It has never vibrated at all, since day one. After the OTA push, it now, does vibrate for phone calls, only.

OP
V

viperboy

Reaction score
Have there been any reports of the Droid heating up while in use and not while it's charging? Is this normal?

Yes, it will do that. It is normal. Now, if it is burning your hand hot, that is not normal :) but you will notice the device get warmer while charging and using it as well and not charging and using it.

Plus, keep in mind, the warmth of your hand is going to make it seem warmer too when you're holding it for a while.

It has never vibrated at all, since day one. After the OTA push, it now, does vibrate for phone calls, only.

Double check the SMS settings above. Than go into Safe Mode, make sure it is still checked, post results. :) best thing I can tell you for the moment, bud.

OP
V

viperboy

Reaction score
Meanwhile, do you know anything concerning this issue:

Issue 5286 - android - Browser lags when scrolling after 2.0.1 Update on Motorola DROID - Project Hosting on Google Code

I have not heard any official word regarding the new browser lag, and I was hoping maybe you heard something from someone.

I started my same thread on AF as well and that question was already asked. I have personally noticed the lag, but it is not something that I believe Verizon knows about at this point. I'm going to send the info up and let them know that this is a pretty big problem.

Silverwing

Reaction score
I just started the phone in safe mode, it still didn't vibrate when I got a text in any of the volume settings: silent, vibrate only, full volume.

Vibrate was enabled in both SMS and settings --> calls/sounds.

What do I do now, lol.

OP
V

viperboy

Reaction score
I just started the phone in safe mode, it still didn't vibrate when I got a text in any of the volume settings: silent, vibrate only, full volume.

Vibrate was enabled in both SMS and settings --> calls/sounds.

What do I do now, lol.

I would definitely say to have the device exchanged. Unfortunately, I don't see another option for you since you already have the update.

Silverwing

Reaction score
Last question:

I don't want to waste your entire evening/morning. If I get the Droid exchanged, can they transfer my apps and contacts - or will i have to redo all of that, manually? Most of my numbers are synced with Gmail and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.