Verizon Tech here - ask away!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcortes

Reaction score
help y is my phone acting up when i use the camcorder?

wow could you be any more vague. If you want help don't post stupid one line questions, be more descriptive. You seriously expect to get help with that question?

lstern

Reaction score
can u tell me if there is a way to change the color of email; contacts the backround is always black and i would like to change these colors
thanks
lstern

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
any problems trying to get a Rooted phone replaced with in the 30 day period? or even the 1 year warranty from Motorola, or using asurion the insurance company?

-=Jason=-

xtreme

Reaction score
So I bought an accessory in the store today, and I realized I really don't want it. (car dock). Whats the restocking fee for accessories? Since I will probably return it tomorrow.

there is no restock fee on accessories

xtreme

Reaction score
The Droid is not receiving sms text messages longer than 160 characters. Not even part of the message comes through. I've tried resetting my phone, *228, downloaded Handcent thinking the stock app just wouldn't push them through, but none of this had worked. Please help. The texts are coming from another verizon user. Thanks for any help.

Go into handcent, click on menu, click on settings, then scroll down to where you see split 160 and check the box. exit out of handcent and you should receive text msg longer than 160 characters or if msg is sent as mms you can receive up to 999 characters, hope this helps

xtreme

Reaction score
A couple of newb questions please. Any idea why my phone has stopped saying Droid.......Droid upon powering it up? Also, I sent an email to my phone with an attachment of a 3 second soundtrack I'd like to use as the ringtone for my phone. How can I do this please? Thanks!

if you changed any sounds this may have changed to start up sound, as far as sound for ringtone the easiest way is plug your droid into your pc, mount it and copy the ringtone file into the ringtone folder

xtreme

Reaction score
I subscribed (via My Verizon) for local movie and weather updates. Every night @ midnight I get 8 texts with current movie info and the local weather. I replied to the weather text and the movie texts with <STOP> and the weather text stopped. The movies keep coming. I did <STOP> again--they keep coming. I did <CANCEL> they keep coming. Now, my replies are rejected, and the texts don't show a phone number, only the first word in the movie title.

Help!!! How do I stop these texts???

Goto your MyVerizon home (overview)>select messaging (in the middle of the screen)>Select Alerts - then on the menu on the left select "manage alerts".
Note: this is via a computer (i.e. browser) doesn't look like you can do it via the phone.
Did that. There were no alerts shown, even in the history. I am stumped.

when you receive the next text, look to see if their all from the same number, if they are reply with with " stop end quit" and your should recieve a text saying that you are now unsubscribed from the alerts, hope this helps

xtreme

Reaction score
Did that. There were no alerts shown, even in the history. I am stumped.

Thought I had responded to this... huh... It's time to go into a store or call them. I would say go to the store if possible that way you can SHOW them that you are getting the txts (as the CS person on the phone will likely be looking at the same thing you are, with the exception you can tell them to look at your actually SMS history). At any rate keep track of how many you have/are receiving that way you can get credit for them (if you need it).

Verizon is starting not to credit for premium text messages, you either leave it open for news alerts or you can just block premium text msgs

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Hello folks,

i am closing this thread now.
On one hand viperboy hasent got the time to
be here often atm, and go through ALL the posts
for answers.

On the other hand, modstaff is busy preparing something really special