Verizon Tech here - ask away!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebigeast

Reaction score
Hi viperboy - one question for you: the only problem I've had with my Droid is about 5 times the phone has got stuck at the eye when powering up. 3 times it eventually came up after a good while (while I kept pressing the power button) and the 2 other times I pulled the battery. Do you think this could be a hardware issue or is it a software issue? Thanks!

lrudo

Reaction score
Hey there viperboy, thanks for joining. I would also like to thank you for extending your services for this site and it's users. We will try to keep this thread on topic, and if you need any help with that just send a PM and we will see what we can do about it :)

Thanks very much! I would love to one day make it to a mod here, always thought that would be cool :icon_ banana:. Thanks, I will let you know if any problems arise.

Cool, welcome dude. Hey so many of us have an issue with outgoing calls sounding horrible. Some have reported like a warble effect, others say their sound goes in/out and the person on the other end can't hear them. It has also been reported that the receiver says we sound muffled. Now this is totally different than the "echo" sound that the receiver hears when they themselves talks to a Droid cell phone user. These are all "outgoing" calls in which the receiver has problems hearing. Look at this thread over at Motorola Support Forum. They can't even tell me who to contact about the bug so it gets tracked. The Forum Manager over there bailed on the thread. So who's issue is this? Motorola's, Verizon's? Google's? and how do we report it so it gets tracked and fixed?

Dont worry.. I'm not coming at you sideways.. just want to get the blasted thing fixed.

Huge thread, I will try to read through all of it at a later time. I have been getting this in the store alot. Here is what you can do to improve call quality. I have done this on every customer's Droid.

##7764726 (##PROGRAM)
CALL Button
Enter SPC Password - 000000
VERIFY
04 Vocode
Select EVRC-B

This will change how the phone compresses and decompresses call audio. Seems to work really well, I have noticed and improvement for sure and I no longer get the "you sound like you're underwater" complaints from people I talk to. Give it a shot!

Viperboy,
I just recieved the update but have not tried the fix for the "outgoing sound quality" Is this addressed in the update? Or should I still try this setting to see if it helps?

phatkat66

Reaction score
Hello! I just wanted to ask some questions I been searching for answers with maybe you can help.

How do i switch back and forth between calls? When im on the phone someone calls I accept talk to them for however long and when its time to switch back I don't see the option and I end up hanging up on everyone. (Not the swap button in the upper left hand corner, i mean when the 2nd caller is hanging up but it hasn't disconnected yet it stays on the line if i swap i want to disconnect with this person without hanging up on the first caller)

And (its verizon not the phone) when someone calls me and im on the line already it beeps for the caller, letting them know im on the phone. I kinda don't want that since sometimes I dont want them to know im ignoring them lol leaves an akward moment when they call back or text saying "I know you was on the phone!" Can I call verizon and tell them to take that off or am i stuck with that?

Rangerks

Reaction score
Hardware

Viper,
More of a hardware issue, i've exchanged one droid already for this but... have you seen any phones come in with a loose screen, tapping on the left side. Best way to describe this is it feels like you typing on BB Storm, the top half of the phone clocks against the bottom half (mostly on the left side) when pressing on the screen.

Thanks.

themuttt

Reaction score
is there a way to save attachments from emails (ie mp3's) to the phone? I tried it with my gmail and my hotmail and only get a preview or open option, that will play it, but no way of saving. I have not tried it since the update, but never heard anything that this was being addressed by the update anyway so I assume it is still like that

thanks

boatman2220

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I just registered for this site. Seems like a great place to be. I do Tech Support for Verizon in-store and know all of the phones pretty well. I am here to answer any questions you might have (let's try to keep it related to the Droid) that you might not have the answer to. Please keep in mind, I'm not a developer and I'm not going to be able to tell you that why such and such app isn't working on your phone. I'm here to answer questions related to Verizon and how the Droid works with Verizon's network and any tech related questions related to the Droid.

Feel free to ask whatever questions you have, and mods, if there is a better place for this thread, please feel free to move it :) Thanks guys. I look forward to helping you.
How about reaching out to your contacts in your field and extending a invite to this site. Set up your own section here, and you and your friends can gain information as well as help newbies.

kgregg

Reaction score
Viperboy - Love the droid, bought it the day it first went on sale. ONLY problem is the earphone jack. The plug from aux output of my car stereo does not seat properly in droid earphone jack. A google search shows other droid owners have same problem. Is there way to get jack fixed/replaced? Thanks

boatman2220

Reaction score
Oh, and by the way, thanks for taking your time to come here and listen to more problems that I'm sure you hear and deal with all the time at work.

Stigy

Reaction score
Huge thread, I will try to read through all of it at a later time. I have been getting this in the store alot. Here is what you can do to improve call quality. I have done this on every customer's Droid.

##7764726 (##PROGRAM)
CALL Button
VERIFY
04 Vocode
Select EVRC-B

This will change how the phone compresses and decompresses call audio. Seems to work really well, I have noticed and improvement for sure and I no longer get the "you sound like you're underwater" complaints from people I talk to. Give it a shot!

Seemed to work for me as well.

Thanks so much. Just wondering why its not set like this from the factory.

HAKmaster

Reaction score
Thanks for offering your help. I just received the update this morning and now my soft keys and physical keyboard doesn't light up. I've restarted the phone, done a battery pull, and tried using the camera (a lot of people said their's started to work again after using the camera) and no luck. Any thoughts?

tandjae

Reaction score
Email combining, now locking up, help!

Occurs before and after update: email header is from exchange account, and email body is from yahoo email account. How do I keep my emails from combining?

After update today, now my exchange account will show emails, but if I select an email, the system locks up, and gives me options to "force close" or "report." I've done both of those several times, and cannot resolve the issue. How can I delete the account any maybe start over, or is there a much larger issue?

Thanks for any help!

Stigy

Reaction score
Thanks for offering your help. I just received the update this morning and now my soft keys and physical keyboard doesn't light up. I've restarted the phone, done a battery pull, and tried using the camera (a lot of people said their's started to work again after using the camera) and no luck. Any thoughts?
Try going to Menu > Settings > Sound & display > Brightness.

Turn the automatic brightness off and then on. This fixed it for me.

WhiskeySix

Reaction score
Viper,
More of a hardware issue, i've exchanged one droid already for this but... have you seen any phones come in with a loose screen, tapping on the left side. Best way to describe this is it feels like you typing on BB Storm, the top half of the phone clocks against the bottom half (mostly on the left side) when pressing on the screen.

Thanks.
I'm wondering about this too! it's really annoying typing in landscape onscreen as every keypress gives a loudish tap.

Related questions:

1) how long do we have to exchange the device after purchase for HW defects? 30-days? 60-days? 1yr?

2) how does the exchange process work in terms of transferring everything between phones? Do I have to back everything up? will the verizon store transfer everything (apps, widgets, home-replacements, etc)?

me5150

Reaction score
Hey there viperboy, thanks for joining. I would also like to thank you for extending your services for this site and it's users. We will try to keep this thread on topic, and if you need any help with that just send a PM and we will see what we can do about it :)

Thanks very much! I would love to one day make it to a mod here, always thought that would be cool :icon_ banana:. Thanks, I will let you know if any problems arise.

Cool, welcome dude. Hey so many of us have an issue with outgoing calls sounding horrible. Some have reported like a warble effect, others say their sound goes in/out and the person on the other end can't hear them. It has also been reported that the receiver says we sound muffled. Now this is totally different than the "echo" sound that the receiver hears when they themselves talks to a Droid cell phone user. These are all "outgoing" calls in which the receiver has problems hearing. Look at this thread over at Motorola Support Forum. They can't even tell me who to contact about the bug so it gets tracked. The Forum Manager over there bailed on the thread. So who's issue is this? Motorola's, Verizon's? Google's? and how do we report it so it gets tracked and fixed?

Dont worry.. I'm not coming at you sideways.. just want to get the blasted thing fixed.

##7764726 (##PROGRAM)
CALL Button
VERIFY
04 Vocode
Select EVRC-B

Viperboy,
I just recieved the update but have not tried the fix for the "outgoing sound quality" Is this addressed in the update? Or should I still try this setting to see if it helps?

This works very, very well! My mom had a very hard time hearing me. I did this yesterday, and she said the call quality has improve 100%!

ddelorme

Reaction score
Just tweaked the call quality settings.
I'll check it out and see if the wife notices a difference on the other end.

Thanks Viper!

Status
Not open for further replies.