Verizon Tech here - ask away!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kennyg23

Reaction score
This is likely a dumb question, but here goes. Open up messaging, and there is a red triangle icon with a white exclamation point in it, next to a txt messaging thread. What does that red triangle icon indicate?
It just means that the message was NOT able to be sent at the time. Usually has to do with a bad connection.

phatkat66

Reaction score
Hello! I just wanted to ask some questions I been searching for answers with maybe you can help.

How do i switch back and forth between calls? When im on the phone someone calls I accept talk to them for however long and when its time to switch back I don't see the option to end ONE call and I end up hanging up on everyone. (Not the swap button in the upper left hand corner, i mean when the 2nd caller is hanging up but it hasn't disconnected yet it stays on the line if i swap i want to disconnect with this person without hanging up on the first caller)

And (its verizon not the phone) when someone calls me and im on the line already it beeps for the caller, letting them know im on the phone. I kinda don't want that since sometimes I dont want them to know im ignoring them lol leaves an akward moment when they call back or text saying "I know you was on the phone!" Can I call verizon and tell them to take that off or am i stuck with that?

Pinshooter

Reaction score
Viperboy, thanks for the offer of assistance. But perhaps your biting off a pretty big chunk...

I've been looking for an awnser, and hoping for an update... The droid regular email, not gmail, won't open attachments originated on an Exchange Server system. I get .pdf files from a customer that uses an Exchange server, and I can open the picture they use as a company logo in all thier emails, but not any of the attachments. I get a 'fetching attachment' message, then a message that say's 'The attachment cannot be displayed' .....

I thought I had this fixed once, but the problem never really left. If I take the same attachment from my home email, foward it to myself on the droid email I can read it. But Not from the exchange server email system...

What's up with this?

Thanks in advance for trying....

Pinshooter

Edward Milliron

Serialkilla

Reaction score
Hey there viperboy, thanks for joining. I would also like to thank you for extending your services for this site and it's users. We will try to keep this thread on topic, and if you need any help with that just send a PM and we will see what we can do about it :)

Thanks very much! I would love to one day make it to a mod here, always thought that would be cool :icon_ banana:. Thanks, I will let you know if any problems arise.

Cool, welcome dude. Hey so many of us have an issue with outgoing calls sounding horrible. Some have reported like a warble effect, others say their sound goes in/out and the person on the other end can't hear them. It has also been reported that the receiver says we sound muffled. Now this is totally different than the "echo" sound that the receiver hears when they themselves talks to a Droid cell phone user. These are all "outgoing" calls in which the receiver has problems hearing. Look at this thread over at Motorola Support Forum. They can't even tell me who to contact about the bug so it gets tracked. The Forum Manager over there bailed on the thread. So who's issue is this? Motorola's, Verizon's? Google's? and how do we report it so it gets tracked and fixed?

Dont worry.. I'm not coming at you sideways.. just want to get the blasted thing fixed.

Huge thread, I will try to read through all of it at a later time. I have been getting this in the store alot. Here is what you can do to improve call quality. I have done this on every customer's Droid.

##7764726 (##PROGRAM)
CALL Button
Enter SPC Password - 000000
VERIFY
04 Vocode
Select EVRC-B

This will change how the phone compresses and decompresses call audio. Seems to work really well, I have noticed and improvement for sure and I no longer get the "you sound like you're underwater" complaints from people I talk to. Give it a shot!

Great to have more help on the forum and a certified Verizon Tech at that!

Welcome to the forum. Might want to check out the Tech Issue section of the forum and start from there?

I personally don't have any problems at all with my Droid and am 100% completely happy with it.

Good to hear you like your phone! I love it too! I came from a few BBs (among other phones) so this is different for me. Used to be a T-Mobile Tech (in Tier 2) and never was into their Android devices for some reason. The network was definitely a weak point as well. But I am really liking the Droid!
Sweet sound quality fix! Worked like a charm!

TheCleaner

Reaction score
Hey there viperboy, thanks for joining. I would also like to thank you for extending your services for this site and it's users. We will try to keep this thread on topic, and if you need any help with that just send a PM and we will see what we can do about it :)

Thanks very much! I would love to one day make it to a mod here, always thought that would be cool :icon_ banana:. Thanks, I will let you know if any problems arise.

Huge thread, I will try to read through all of it at a later time. I have been getting this in the store alot. Here is what you can do to improve call quality. I have done this on every customer's Droid.

##7764726 (##PROGRAM)
CALL Button
Enter SPC Password - 000000
VERIFY
04 Vocode
Select EVRC-B

This will change how the phone compresses and decompresses call audio. Seems to work really well, I have noticed and improvement for sure and I no longer get the "you sound like you're underwater" complaints from people I talk to. Give it a shot!

Great to have more help on the forum and a certified Verizon Tech at that!

Welcome to the forum. Might want to check out the Tech Issue section of the forum and start from there?

I personally don't have any problems at all with my Droid and am 100% completely happy with it.

Good to hear you like your phone! I love it too! I came from a few BBs (among other phones) so this is different for me. Used to be a T-Mobile Tech (in Tier 2) and never was into their Android devices for some reason. The network was definitely a weak point as well. But I am really liking the Droid!
Sweet sound quality fix! Worked like a charm!

Hope this link:

https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/17480;jsessionid=74438F24B440BBAFE28A963765ACB22D.node0

Helps for those of us that are like "OK WHY does EVRC-B make it better and what is EVRC?"

I was one of those people that had to search google before I made the change to know why...lol.:)

Thorvindr

Reaction score
Viper,
More of a hardware issue, i've exchanged one droid already for this but... have you seen any phones come in with a loose screen, tapping on the left side. Best way to describe this is it feels like you typing on BB Storm, the top half of the phone clocks against the bottom half (mostly on the left side) when pressing on the screen.

Thanks.

My cousin had this issue. He went to exchange it, and after handling four separate units, all of which had this problem, he just took one. I haven't experienced this problem myself, nor have the two other DROID owners I know personally, but if four in a row had this issue, I'd say it's a manufacturing problem.

bflogirl32

Reaction score
Viperboy please help, I did the update for the droid but it deleted all but 30 of my contacts. Which means I lost about 400 numbers. I pulled the battery, that didn't work. This is my first "smart phone" so I had yet to figure out how to backup to anywhere and the backup assistant I had previously I haven't figured out how to put on the phone. Please help, I am hysterical over here! Thanks in advance and I hope you have a fix for me.

Since this post I have received text messages from friends and I can view the contact but it does not save in the contact list, even if I make an adjustment to the contact it doesn't save. So it seems they have not actually deleted from memory but I just cannot view them or access unless someone texts me. Can anyone at all help?

Reaction score
This is likely a dumb question, but here goes. Open up messaging, and there is a red triangle icon with a white exclamation point in it, next to a txt messaging thread. What does that red triangle icon indicate?
It just means that the message was NOT able to be sent at the time. Usually has to do with a bad connection.

actually the message was sent and responded to

winbricks

Reaction score
not sure if this was asked yet.. since this thread is too long to read. but anyway- any updates you can give us on the passion's release date and pricing?

eggebarwood

Reaction score
Visual Voicemail and Bluetooth....

Why cant I get my Visual Voicemail to work with my bluetooth...this sucks! It worked with the strom (dont make me go back:icon_eek:?)

CAn a app be made for this????!?!?

Thanks for your help

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I always think it is funny when someone comes in and says they work for such and such and they are going to answer all of our problems. Rarely do they live up to the hype. I think the soft approach of just helping where needed without being all showy and asking everyone to look at them works a lot better... Prove we should listen to you, don't tell us we should.
I think its awesome that he came on here to offer assistance instead of people like you blindly posting and getting 10 different answers to a question because someone who works at the local shopping mall and scrubs toilets happens to have a VZW phone and posts in a forum. I think its a very nice offer and should be looked at as such. I also worked at VZW in a call center for over 2 years and I used to offer advice on another website dedicated to VZW. I was always available with PM's or public help in the forums - and I didn't get paid for it obviously, it was just in my blood to help others, even after spending 10 hours on the phones at work. When you call into VZW or go into a store do you give them a litmus test to prove themselves worthy to you? If you don't like advice from VZW reps then don't read it. Don't be a jack and try to make the poor guy think twice about helping others.

R

racklefratz

Feel free to ask whatever questions you have

OK, I will. My question is, why do I get prompts on the dialer screen to "Activate my phone" weeks after it was "activated" at the store where I bought it whenever I update my PRLs? During the *228/2 PRL update, all the automated prompts are as usual, the PRL update happens successfully, and the call is terminated automatically. Then, when I touch the "Next" button, I get a prompt saying "Your Phone Has Been Activated!".

Why all the hoo-haa about "activating" if it's already "activated"? My wife's phone did the same thing. Both Droids have the OS update.

cisco0910

Reaction score
Viperboy, sorry if already posted, I tried read every page, I got to page 4 and by time I get to page 10 it'll be 5 hrs from now. My question is simple I hope..how come when I click on a contact some contacts have like 6 view there facebook profile. It varies, some have 3, some 5, etc.. thanks,..waiting for suggestion

mdsdroid

Reaction score
viperboy, I was just at the Verizon store because my OTA update was failing. The tech was able to install the update, but told me my phone had been rooted, thus I was out of warranty.

--I did not attempt to root my phone, although I must say I was not careful regarding what apps I installed ---

1st how did he know it was rooted?
2nd can I reset the phone back to factory defaults, thus removing the (for lack of a better term) rooting software? and
3rd How is my warranty voided, I did nothing intentionally? (but now I might)

Reaction score
i have a question PLEASE HELP i have not changed anything all my settings are the same as they have been from the beggining only thing that changed was the update so its not my settings i had good battery life now i have bad

Status
Not open for further replies.