Verizon 3G Upgrade Details Leaked!

soulpatch

Reaction score
Ok this may be a stupid question but the wording that has been used has me wondering. Everone keeps saying eligible in 2010. I upgraded to my Droid about a month and a half ago. Are they going to allow those of us who recently upgraded to upgrade again? I wouldn't bet on it but like I said the wording makes it sound like everone eligible in 2010 would be eligible.

Are you serious with this???

You upgraded so you would not be eligible for an upgrade for the rest of this year. You could feel free to pay full price though but otherwise you are stuck till next year at the earliest. But by then Droid Pro will be out anyway so you will be happy you waited

mapexvenus

Reaction score
I am not eligible for an upgrade to the Droid X. How much will the device cost without the upgrade discount, and when can I pre-order it?

xtremecanefan

Reaction score
Boo, my upgrade is Jan 11 2011 :(. Hopefully theres a sweet phone release for the holidays...though I don't think I want to ditch my keyboard so I may just stick with the Droid 2 or something.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Search tool should net you a lot of info.

mikes

Reaction score
Sure you did not get the more or less generic email listing the price??? There are two emails from VZW
the email i got says (you can get yours 7/15/10 for 199.99 )
Why are you asking here? Call Verizon. It sounds like you got a standard marketing email - "you can get yours 7/15/10 for 199.99" with a new 2 year plan. Does the email say anywhere that you are eligible to _upgrade_ your existing phone?

zMd113

Reaction score
I want an official Star Wars Droid. I want C-3PO or R2-D2 to talk to me.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
all seems like standard stuff, but it may block someone from upgrading again to the Droid Pro at the end of the year

what is the droid pro?

It's a phone supposed to come out end of this year with a 2Ghz Processor and be 4g and have front facing cam, with crazy mad specs. My only problem with that is that i won't believe wild claims like that until i see them. Not only that, they are just hitting 1Ghz speed with the ability to keep them cooled enough. You want me to believe that in 6 months they've figured out how to keep a 2Ghz cooled enough in a small unit? Either way, the pro may or may not come with a 2Ghz, everything is speculation.

Either way it's a gamble. Do you want to get a nice upgrade now and have a pretty decent phone, or wait. If it does come out when they say it will, then most of those who upgraded to the X and only have 1 line will be SOL, unless you want to pay full retail.

EDIT: Not to mention there may be phones coming out in say october-ish that blow these units out of the water.

sphen22

Reaction score
Crap, my upgrade is 1/16/2011. I wonder if I can whine enough to make them let me upgrade early.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Crap, my upgrade is 1/16/2011. I wonder if I can whine enough to make them let me upgrade early.

I don't know, from what i've heard it's going to be more of a strict policy for the early upgrades, it's more of a either you can or you can't, there is no middle ground. The reason for that is that they are already giving out a good deal for those who have an upgrade due this year.

sadmedic

Reaction score
I called today and was told by cs that I wasn't eligible for the upgrade because my contract doesn't expire until 7/2011, even though my annual upgrade would be 7/10...so who the hell knows.

lchavez289

Reaction score
I called today and was told by cs that I wasn't eligible for the upgrade because my contract doesn't expire until 7/2011, even though my annual upgrade would be 7/10...so who the hell knows.
Well, if you read it says, CONTRACT END DATE OF 12/31/10.
Your annual upgrade isn't the end contract date. So whoever you talked to is correct.

wirezd

Reaction score
So, can I get some clarification?

If I bought my Droid in December 2009 am I eligible for this? Seems to be a lot of conflicting information about this.