Verizon begins sending customers early upgrade promotions

Nibbz

Reaction score
I wish they had some sort of promotion where like if you upgraded to a droid in the last 3 months or something they let you upgrade for a discounted price regardless of the contract. Thatd be awesome... :(

Marathonman

Reaction score
I've called 3 times to try and get my wife a Droid or DX with absolutely no luck! Her upgrade is in Oct and they won't let me upgrade hers early at all. She has a Dare that's a POS. Would love to know how some get the early upgrades but they won't let her.

dan j

Reaction score
I got a thing in the mail about a week ago saying that I can get an upgrade to a new Droid phone. I went into my local VZW store and asked because my upgrade wasn't supposed to be up until Feb. 2011. They said that there originally was an early upgrade for my phone in Oct. 2010, but this is a special promotion so I can upgrade this month.
Your original update time is around the same time the first of the LTE phones will be rolling out (also heard it could be early 2011). Did you consider waiting and using your upgrade for a LTE phone?

Blackhawk55

Reaction score
I never get offers or stuff like this. I must be on someones s**t list.

yeah me too! ha!

Did the offers only go to those with contracts ending before 12/31/10 as today's Droid 2 announcement suggested? I did not get the offer and have a contract that ends in 2011. I am assuming the normal Annual Early Upgrade Program is and will remain in effect until my year anniversary of the Droid on 11/6 and hoping the Pro is worth waiting for even though todays' news backed off on the anticipated specs a bit.

Joelcableguy

Reaction score
They can charge to your bill, thats what they did for me just ask :)

thanks. thats good to know. that way i dont have to pay it now haha. guess i'm going to sell my extra droid today or tomorrow so that will pay for my new X. looks like i'll have a D1, a Dinc, and now a DX. if the X is as good as it looks i'll be parting with the other 2 droids, if not i'll keep them.

I'll never part ways with my D1 not when its rooted :) i may get a droid 2 but only to mess around with for a few days haha. doubt it will steer me away esp not if it comes with that bootloader the X has.

Am new to the Android side, but curious to your statement about the X's bootloader as it is "rootable" now or is that something different altogether?

NeoandGeo

Reaction score
You can acquire root now on the X, but you can't load custom ROMs to my knowledge.

colorfulRhyme

Reaction score
if the Droid X didn't lack a keyboard, I'd spring on it.
However, I received my Droid 1 about 2 weeks after it's initial launch, so I doubt I would be involved in this. Even if I was, I'd just want to upgrade to the Droid 2. By the time my plan is up, there'll probably be something even better out, so I can wait as long as my phone works. :)

dragonfly1113

Reaction score
if the Droid X didn't lack a keyboard, I'd spring on it.
However, I received my Droid 1 about 2 weeks after it's initial launch, so I doubt I would be involved in this. Even if I was, I'd just want to upgrade to the Droid 2. By the time my plan is up, there'll probably be something even better out, so I can wait as long as my phone works. :)

Yeah im with you been with droid 1 since launch day and no other phone so far has tempted me, and dunno about the droid 2, usually i like to get the phones on launch day and im sure i can push for an upgrade and get it since i usually do when i call just know what to say lol. but what the droid 2 can do my overclocked rooted droid 1 can do, and id rather not have that interface thrown over my droid like they have been doing on every other phone like with the combining messages and such and that moto blur stuff, no interest in that at all.

pitchblack86

Reaction score
balls. my X was supposed to be here tuesday. its thursday now. after talking to 4 different verzion people, it now apparently wont be shipped til the 23rd. according to them, my order was misplaced(how do you misplace a electronic order?) and this caused them to not ship the phone to me. highly angry :icon_censored: . but on a flip side that said it might come sooner. right. i did get nasty with the last guy and after talking for 30 mins and trying to track my order(after the previous 3 guys said they did...) he was able to pull up my order and get it all fixed. he also put me on hold and i guess talked to his manager(?) and offered me a free case and a $50 credit to my bill.

so i'll sit here and steamroll for a little bit but got an X coming, a free case, and the phone is only costing me $50 now. damn verizon.