Verizon 3G Upgrade Details Leaked!

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
:woot:

Man the more and more I see the droid x the harder it become to stick by my guns and wait.

cmon, get one, we wont tell.....

I think Im over reading this.

Not currently NE2 (New Every Two), EUP (Equipment Upgrade), AUP (Annual Upgrade) eligible
Means AUP before 12/31 can or can not upgrade?

Now that u mention it, u have me wondering about this too...

exdirrk

Reaction score
:woot:

Man the more and more I see the droid x the harder it become to stick by my guns and wait.

cmon, get one, we wont tell.....

I think Im over reading this.

Not currently NE2 (New Every Two), EUP (Equipment Upgrade), AUP (Annual Upgrade) eligible
Means AUP before 12/31 can or can not upgrade?

Now that u mention it, u have me wondering about this too...

Its for reps, means they will not push up New Every two credits and obviously the others are already eligible for those upgrades so do not apply. This is not major as someone else mentioned earlier if your contract ends before the end of the year it is likely you are already eligible. This is just a response to att/apple early upgrade

Arte Suave

Reaction score
They just told me that it had to be an upgrade from a regular phone to a smartphone. I couldnt upgrade my Droid line, but I could upgrade the other 2 phones on my plan. I asked about switching it to my number after I recieved it, and the rep said it was my account I could do what I wanted :)

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Vulcan - I would imagine that if you gave your droid to your son and you took the Droid X that all will be fine as they get the revenue for the data line and such.

He does not have a smart phone so no way is he getting my moto droid. I was simply pointing this out in the fine print and will mention this to some vzw supervisor friends for clarification.
Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
They just told me that it had to be an upgrade from a regular phone to a smartphone. I couldnt upgrade my Droid line, but I could upgrade the other 2 phones on my plan. I asked about switching it to my number after I recieved it, and the rep said it was my account I could do what I wanted :)

So if you have just one line with a Droid on it, Your SOL.... Thats what it sounds like.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I think they will allow the "buddy upgrade" as long as the "hand me down" phone is going to be used, and paid with a data plan. I just think that they didn't want those people who have 5 lines to themselves to get early upgrades to take advantage of this.

sroach23

Reaction score

"Any customer with a service contract end date of 12/31/10 or earlier, including: Consumer, Employee Liable (ELEU), Corporate Non-Contracted, Corporate Liable (CLEU) up to 99 lines."
nothing in there about regular or smart phones. i doubt the rep knew anything. i bet another rep would say something different.

ThaBlasian

Reaction score
so could i upgrade my wifes regular phone to a X, or can i only upgrade mah droid?

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
all seems like standard stuff, but it may block someone from upgrading again to the Droid Pro at the end of the year

dustin4863

Reaction score
ok so i upgraded to a droid from a bb storm (i was not in any contract at the time) and i got a droid am i eligible or not.
also i got a email from Verizon saying that i was eligible for an upgrade which i am eligible for a upgrade on a different line, but the email was sent to my personal email not the email account linked with Verizon
so can i get a droid x or not

Zero

Reaction score
Ok can someone from Verizon plz answer this question.... My upgrade date is 8/25/10, my contract end date isn't until 2012, CAN I UPGRADE MY DROID TO DROID X EARLY???

Mojo

Reaction score
Ok can someone from Verizon plz answer this question.... My upgrade date is 8/25/10, my contract end date isn't until 2012, CAN I UPGRADE MY DROID TO DROID X EARLY???

Based on the document leaked... it says your contract end date... I think more details will be comming out in the next few days..

dustin4863

Reaction score

Based on the document leaked... it says your contract end date... I think more details will be comming out in the next few days..

well can i?

uknowme3331

Reaction score
Dang my questions was similar to Zero's...i hope that its not only by contract end date, and instead goes by any phone upgrade