Verizon begins sending customers early upgrade promotions

Chatchie

Reaction score
Our 2nd line wasnt due for an upgrade for another 6 months. I called the 800 number and got my girlfriend a Droid X for 299 w/100 mail in and a $20 early upgrade fee. They say it will ship the 26th.

dman59

Reaction score
Are they still sending out the flyers, email , or video message? I am having problems with my droid eris and want to upgrade. Called the verizon and they telling me that I am not due till dec 2010 for an early upgrade. But I see people getting upgrade 8 months since they got their smartphone.

upsjopop

Reaction score
2 phone plan?

Just wondering if the people who got upgrade notices have a plan with 2 phones. I got my D1 after my renewal date but my wife likes her old phone and didn't change hers. I have been getting similar notices since then and never paid much attention but think they might have just been for her old phone.

Zecpull

Reaction score
why are you guys getting the Mail in Rebate..Order Online..If the phone has to be Shipped anyway...Buy Online..and No Rebate.
I think I really want to Jump up to a Droid2..it is Very Much like the Droid but 16 times the Memory..and a Better Battery

upsjopop

Reaction score
I was told I couldn't do it the online way. If I buy online I lose my employee discount. I have to show ID every time my contract is up.

Graywolfscv

Reaction score
Called Verizon today to complain about my Droid 1 screwing up after Froyo installed, they sent him out a replacement but in the process told me that my mom's non-smartphone line could upgrade to the Droid 2. I asked him if I could upgrade and just put my number on it. He said I would have to activate it under my mom's number first, then I could activate it under my own. Is that true, and if it is, how do I do it right so I don't get charged full price for a new Droid 2?

Jer

Reaction score
...better make sure your mom is alright with getting hosed on an upgrade becuase if she ends up needing a new phone she'll have to pay full price until she qualifies for another one.

Graywolfscv

Reaction score
Mom is one of those people who wants a phone that makes calls, and that's it. She got the phone she likes, and has sworn to never upgrade again. I just want to make sure I don't get hosed on a $600 phone when I was told it was only $200

Jer

Reaction score
Mom is one of those people who wants a phone that makes calls, and that's it. She got the phone she likes, and has sworn to never upgrade again. I just want to make sure I don't get hosed on a $600 phone when I was told it was only $200

Don't forget that upgrade doesn't always mean something fancier. If her phone quits working or has issues she'll wish she still was eligible for an 'upgrade'. You want to make sure she's fine with it before you proceed and if it were my mother I would offer her my upgrade if she needed another phone before her line was eligible again or pay out of pocket to replace her phone. That's just me though.

Graywolfscv

Reaction score
Well, she was right beside me while I was on the phone with Tech support, and she was ok with it, so it's all good. I just hope I activate this stuff correctly so I don't get burned with a $600 CC bill.

upsjopop

Reaction score
You will have to buy an additional data plan in case you didn't know.

hyp7

Reaction score
Im also wanting a X but I didnt recieve anything. So is it still possible to get an early upgrade?