Verizon begins sending customers early upgrade promotions

Discussion in 'Android News' started by wuyanks, Jul 27, 2010.

1. wuyanks

wuyanks DF News Team Premium Member

[​IMG]

Remember those leaked Verizon documents (here and here) pointing to an early promotion "Next Best Activity" upgrade? Details emerged a few weeks back that everyone with an upgrade date in 2010, as well as carefully selected high-value and high-risk customers, will be able to upgrade to the Droid X early. Of course that statement was filled with much ambiguity, so the question remained: who will really be eligible for the promotion? In the leaked docs, Verizon explained it would be notifying those eligible via snail mail, but there has no confirmation of any Verizon customers receiving them, until today. What is most intriguing is that the customer who received the materials was an original Droid 1 adopter, so not even one year had passed since his last smartphone purchase. And not just one line was eligible for an early upgrade, but all three. The deadline to act on the "Next Best Activity" upgrade is August 31st, so let's hope these promotions reach more Verizon customers soon!

Has anyone else received these promotion materials yet? Let us know.

The rest of the promo mailer:

[​IMG]

Source: Droid-Life
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2010
  2. GohanBurner

GohanBurner New Member

Nice asdfasdfasdfsdf
  3. GohanBurner

GohanBurner New Member

I'm going to call Verizon and pretend that I got one of these. I want to get a Droid X in hopes that the headphone jack is STABLE (Ie: does NOT cut in and out and start up that stupid ass party mode with the slightest touch of the jack while you have headphones in). I could care less about the Droid X's features, if that is fixed, I am happy.
  4. NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo New Member

I'm hoping they will let me upgrade an enV3 I have on my account to the DroidX and do a switcharoo with my current Droid. If you call in, they will already know if you are eligible, right?
  5. leedav04624

leedav04624 New Member

I was trying to upgrade a different phone on my family plan and then switch it to my line, but I didn't have too..It let me order the X on my line! (for 199..online) I thought it was just a glitch..must be the promotion

So now my wife has my old droid, and I am getting the X today in the mail

(This was all don Friday morning online)
  6. montyboy

montyboy New Member

Wish I was one of those ... 12 months to go and nothing showing on the account :(
  7. NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo New Member

Called in and neither of them have it. :(

Oh well.
  8. Schoat333

Schoat333 New Member

I just switched from my BB storm to my Droid 1 on july 5th, and I got one of these in the mail yesterday. It basically tells me that I can upgrade to the Incredible, or X at the discounted price. I havent even had my droid for 30 day yet so I found that funny.

It also had my wifes phone, that isnt eligible until Feb of 2011, as able to upgrade.

I Might have to consider getting the X now.... I love the sbility to customize of my droid tho. Its a tough decision.
  9. xpezdj

xpezdj New Member

Feel your pain. JRummy is making my decision extremely harddancedroid
  10. jtmcclain

jtmcclain New Member

Just joined to comment on this. I called Verizon and spoke to a very nice lady. She let me upgrade to the Droid X from an LG Versa after only 10 months on a 2 year contract. I kept my family share plan with unlimited data and my bill went up $10 with the tether service added. Phone was $299 and I get a $100 mail in rebate. She even put the cost of the phone on my next months bill. I ordered the phone and it shipped yesterday. Bottom line, just call and ask to upgrade.

Hope this helps someone.
  11. xpezdj

xpezdj New Member

I have to give it to Verizon they are letting people upgrade without much resistance... Unless they have something up their sleeve with is most likely the case. I just wonder if they let you upgrade, does that mean your contract will be extended another 2 years on top of the one you already have?
  12. raethryn

raethryn New Member

I'm not eligible for any of this until November/December 2011. Lucky me. ;)
  13. NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo New Member

2 years additional on top of your current I would bet.
  14. jtmcclain

jtmcclain New Member

New 2 year contract. Not 2 years plus 14 months
  15. xpezdj

xpezdj New Member

Hmmm, what new phones are coming out, wondering if Verizon is beginning to feel threatened by any other companies?
  16. MK-9

MK-9 New Member

I never get offers or stuff like this. I must be on someones s**t list.
  17. Shawn2774

Shawn2774 New Member

I also never seem to fall within the timeframes for these promotions. I would love the X, but I am not showing any upgrade promotion on my account. Has anyone else shown no upgrade on the account and called and able to get the upgrade? Please let us all know!
  18. kodiak799

kodiak799 Well-Known Member

So that's the benefit.

I've always been under the impression (maybe uninformed or unscrupulous reps) that you could upgrade whenever you want so long as you tack on an ADDITIONAL 2yrs to your current plan (and why not, it's all about locking you in).

Almost have the Droid running perfect exactly as I want it, just a few memory tweaks to get all the way there. So I won't be upgrading for anything less than an LTE phone, provided I have LTE in my area. More ram and storeage is always nice, too, so happy to wait.
  19. kodiak799

kodiak799 Well-Known Member

Anyone know what eventually happens to 3G? Does the LTE rollout replace existing 3G towers, or do they just eventually take the 3G stuff down? I wonder if they aren't trying to fill up and maximize 3G now with upgrade offers trying to milk 3G as long as they can (which also has added benefit of slowing LTE demand so it doesn't outstrip expansion).
  20. RETG

RETG Member

From Verizon's viewpoint, this keeps people from shopping other carriers. Lock them tinto anther two-year contract now, and then in two-years time, do the same. Verizon makes their money on the montly charges, not on the costs of the phone.

As for those who do not receive an offer. I'm wondering why I have not received one. Could it be Verizon knows I'm in an area that they are the only decent carrier? Sprint has some limited areas, you cannot get AT&T 3G in this area, so the only real answer is Verizon.

Also, wondering if they have some agreement with RIM. I know a few others, like myself, who want to switch from BB to Android; all of use have new every two coming up before the end of the year, and not one of us have been offered an early out.
Search tags for this page
early upgrade verizon
incredible 4 verizon early upgrade promotion
sprint early upgrade program
super early phone upgrade
upcoming verizon wireless promotions

verizon early upgrade promotion

verizon early upgrade promotion 2013
verizon early upgrade promotions
verizon wireless upgrade early promotions
when will verizon start sending upgrade offers