Verizon begins sending customers early upgrade promotions

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
348n8te.jpg

Remember those leaked Verizon documents (here and here) pointing to an early promotion "Next Best Activity" upgrade? Details emerged a few weeks back that everyone with an upgrade date in 2010, as well as carefully selected high-value and high-risk customers, will be able to upgrade to the Droid X early. Of course that statement was filled with much ambiguity, so the question remained: who will really be eligible for the promotion? In the leaked docs, Verizon explained it would be notifying those eligible via snail mail, but there has no confirmation of any Verizon customers receiving them, until today. What is most intriguing is that the customer who received the materials was an original Droid 1 adopter, so not even one year had passed since his last smartphone purchase. And not just one line was eligible for an early upgrade, but all three. The deadline to act on the "Next Best Activity" upgrade is August 31st, so let's hope these promotions reach more Verizon customers soon!

Has anyone else received these promotion materials yet? Let us know.

The rest of the promo mailer:

Source: Droid-Life

Last edited:

GohanBurner

Reaction score
I'm going to call Verizon and pretend that I got one of these. I want to get a Droid X in hopes that the headphone jack is STABLE (Ie: does NOT cut in and out and start up that stupid ass party mode with the slightest touch of the jack while you have headphones in). I could care less about the Droid X's features, if that is fixed, I am happy.

NeoandGeo

Reaction score
I'm hoping they will let me upgrade an enV3 I have on my account to the DroidX and do a switcharoo with my current Droid. If you call in, they will already know if you are eligible, right?

leedav04624

Reaction score
I was trying to upgrade a different phone on my family plan and then switch it to my line, but I didn't have too..It let me order the X on my line! (for 199..online) I thought it was just a glitch..must be the promotion

So now my wife has my old droid, and I am getting the X today in the mail

(This was all don Friday morning online)

Schoat333

Reaction score
I just switched from my BB storm to my Droid 1 on july 5th, and I got one of these in the mail yesterday. It basically tells me that I can upgrade to the Incredible, or X at the discounted price. I havent even had my droid for 30 day yet so I found that funny.

It also had my wifes phone, that isnt eligible until Feb of 2011, as able to upgrade.

I Might have to consider getting the X now.... I love the sbility to customize of my droid tho. Its a tough decision.

xpezdj

Reaction score
I just switched from my BB storm to my Droid 1 on july 5th, and I got one of these in the mail yesterday. It basically tells me that I can upgrade to the Incredible, or X at the discounted price. I havent even had my droid for 30 day yet so I found that funny.

It also had my wifes phone, that isnt eligible until Feb of 2011, as able to upgrade.

I Might have to consider getting the X now.... I love the sbility to customize of my droid tho. Its a tough decision.

Feel your pain. JRummy is making my decision extremely harddancedroid

jtmcclain

Reaction score
Just joined to comment on this. I called Verizon and spoke to a very nice lady. She let me upgrade to the Droid X from an LG Versa after only 10 months on a 2 year contract. I kept my family share plan with unlimited data and my bill went up $10 with the tether service added. Phone was $299 and I get a $100 mail in rebate. She even put the cost of the phone on my next months bill. I ordered the phone and it shipped yesterday. Bottom line, just call and ask to upgrade.

Hope this helps someone.

xpezdj

Reaction score
I have to give it to Verizon they are letting people upgrade without much resistance... Unless they have something up their sleeve with is most likely the case. I just wonder if they let you upgrade, does that mean your contract will be extended another 2 years on top of the one you already have?

raethryn

Reaction score
I'm not eligible for any of this until November/December 2011. Lucky me. ;)

NeoandGeo

Reaction score
I have to give it to Verizon they are letting people upgrade without much resistance... Unless they have something up their sleeve with is most likely the case. I just wonder if they let you upgrade, does that mean your contract will be extended another 2 years on top of the one you already have?

2 years additional on top of your current I would bet.