Verizon 3G Upgrade Details Leaked!

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
If I read that right, I can't use my sons eligible upgrade and then swap the phone to my line. I wonder how that will be monitored.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I think what was meant is that you can't use a upgrade from another account, however if the lines are on your account, you can use the upgrades as you please and swap phones with other phone lines on your account.

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
Am I eligible? My NE2 is on 10/21/2010 which is 20 months out from my contract end date of 2/21/2011? Will I be on the NBA list??? Also I have taken liability over all my families phones because of my discount... so my Dad's phone contract is up as of 2/12/2009, over a year old. Can I upgrade his phone then move the Droid X to my line, the main line, and re initialize his old phone as he likes his old flip phone.

I really want the Droid X as I am tired of my Ole' Omnia i910.

Any Insight would be greatly apreciative,

Jeremey Norris

I'm gonna have to say you can do that because the phone line being upgrades exist on the same account as the phone line you actually want the phone for.

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
Well for all of us early Droid 1 owners that got it in Nov, we are lucky cause we are in the 175 break your contract deal not the 350 one sine verizon implemented it after that date. So its actually cheaper to break contract, then sign right back up again and pay 350 vice the 500-600 for the phone. :)

just a Tip ;)

That is so true, but if I upgrade my phone now, I will pay $175 plus $199 price not including tax. As I discovered with my purchase of the droid back on Nov 6, the sales tax is based on the retail price of the phone not the discounted price of the phone.

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
Well for all of us early Droid 1 owners that got it in Nov, we are lucky cause we are in the 175 break your contract deal not the 350 one sine verizon implemented it after that date. So its actually cheaper to break contract, then sign right back up again and pay 350 vice the 500-600 for the phone. :)

just a Tip ;)

I should have mentioned that not every state has to pay a sales tax. But if you considering do what you are point out as a tip, I strongly urge you to reconsider if you are located in the state of California. That phone will cost $374 without sales tax. So using the Droid as a example, it is retailed priced at $559.99 so $560 for less place values and the sales tax of this phone would be $49 dollars on top of the $374 bringing that grand total to $423.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
You know that you could always start up an add a line for $9.99 (if youre currently on a family share plan) with a Droid X. Then you would take your current Droid off, and put a dummy phone on the line. Then swap ESNs so you don't lose your number.

Unless something changes and I can get an early upgrade this is pretty much what I'm gonna do.

Add a line and get the X for $199
Switch it to my primary (Droid) line
Put an old junk phone on the new line
Sell the Droid. Should be able to get $250-$300
Cancel the new line and pay the $175 ETF

I will still be around $100 ahead. I was really hoping to get the X and still be able to keep my Droid though. I think it would be something cool to have 10+ years down the line.

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
Regarding the Droid 2

If you think the Droid X is hot, just wait until the Droid 2 comes out, the true predecessor to a already great phone in the Droid. Around the time it is release, it will probably be running the new dual core processor that phone carriers are starting to work on or even the 2GHz processor that Moto saids they will have in their first phone by the end of this year.

What does that mean for battery life, well nothing good as the screen sizes keep getting larger as well. But nevertheless I have a filling that the Droid 2 will take phone technology to a whole new level. Look at what the Droid has done for Android, surely we can't think that Moto plans on going backwards after producing two great Android phones.

tfkennady

Reaction score
If you think the Droid X is hot, just wait until the Droid 2 comes out, the true predecessor to a already great phone in the Droid. Around the time it is release, it will probably be running the new dual core processor that phone carriers are starting to work on or even the 2GHz processor that Moto saids they will have in their first phone by the end of this year.

What does that mean for battery life, well nothing good as the screen sizes keep getting larger as well. But nevertheless I have a filling that the Droid 2 will take phone technology to a whole new level. Look at what the Droid has done for Android, surely we can't think that Moto plans on going backwards after producing two great Android phones.

all the available information seems to suggest that the Droid 2 will be only minor upgrades to the original Droid. Basically it seems like Moto wants a Droid (the original namesake) on par with the rest of the competition. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Sorry, but you have no idea what you are talking about. Droid 2 has never been rumored to have a 2 ghz processor. It's rumored to have a 1 ghz. The battery life of the X is about the same as the Droid.

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score

Sorry, but you have no idea what you are talking about. Droid 2 has never been rumored to have a 2 ghz processor. It's rumored to have a 1 ghz.

Although it might have not been rumored to have a 2GHz processor, remember that rumors are exactly that, rumors. It hasn't been confirmed no mattery which angle you look at the specs from what the Droid 2 will have.

You can't deny the fact that it's possible for the Droid 2 to be Moto's first 2GHz phone or even dual core, as phone manufacturers are starting to progress in that direction. Just look at all the rumors that circulated about the HTC Bravo/Passion pics that actually turned out to be the Nexus One.

So based on the rumors you've seen when do you expect the Droid 2 to release?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
There are those that want to wait for the next best thing....They will always be waiting.
There are those of us that move to the new hottie right away....
Let your pocketbook be your guide....

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Hey BnB guide your wallet over this way :)

Sorry, the wife has a short leash on it ;)

I have to pay for her toys as well as my own...And not those kind of toys either...

We already have them ;)

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
hmmm....

The battery life of the X is about the same as the Droid.

What makes you believe the Droid X will have about the same battery life and the Droid? I'm aware that the Droid X has a slightly larger battery than the Droid, but its processing power and size of the screen far exceeds that of a stock Droid. So how could the two even be compared in the category.

That's like saying that well the a stock Droid should perform about the same as a Droid X.

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
There are those that want to wait for the next best thing....They will always be waiting.
There are those of us that move to the new hottie right away....
Let your pocketbook be your guide....

If money grew on trees like it does for some others, my pocketbook would definitely be my guide. :)

OP
M

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

The battery life of the X is about the same as the Droid.

What makes you believe the Droid X will have about the same battery life and the Droid? I'm aware that the Droid X has a slightly larger battery than the Droid, but its processing power and size of the screen far exceeds that of a stock Droid. So how could the two even be compared in the category.

That's like saying that well the a stock Droid should perform about the same as a Droid X.

First the Droid X does have a bigger battery. So it relative there but it will be on par with making it an entire day on a single charge (unless you are like me and your device gets full time use)

droid's upgrade path to 2.1 and new basband really improved the battery life. I expect the 2.2 release and te new baseband will make that even better.

Here's where I throw the curve ball...........expect to see a patch on the Droid Incredible OTA to help with recption issues and battery life BEFORE thier 2.2 upgrade path or new baseband (both coming).