Urgent!!! Please help

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR' started by joshvader8, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Exalted911

Exalted911 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Yes but he's already on 210 leak. He can't go back to gb or he will brick his phone. He can only go forward. The whole point is that he's not on gb. 210 came out like a week before 211. I stayed on that leak for like a month after 211 came out and finally decided to upgrade to 211 then 215. And i used 1.8 1 to do so.

2. jpcalhoun

jpcalhoun Senior Member

Ratings:
    +61
    Exalted911...Sydman is EXACTLY RIGHT...I'm sure it is unintentional, but you are giving bad advice. A RESTORE operation is completely different than an INSTALL operation. The file structure is the key as Sydman mentions. The developer for the RazrUtility clearly stated that this would restore .211, not install .211 and that you had to have been on .211 before flashing or whatever for it to work.

3. Exalted911

Exalted911 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    You guys are missing the point. He's basically on 2 1 1 now. He's got the 210 leak same bootloader as 211. It will restore 2 1 1 on his phone our on his case upgrade it. I would be saying this if i hadn't already tried it. Have you guys tried it??

4. Sydman

Sydman Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +641
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6P
    You are right that he can not go backwards from .210 that is correct.

However using the .211 fastboot files is not the way to move up to .211 from .210.

Best way would be to use Utility 1.7 and sideload the files and have the .211 update zip on the external sd card and install through stock recovery.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Exalted911

Exalted911 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I did apologize for the guy that was on gb and i gave the same advice to. S y d m a n is 100% right that would of bricked his phone. But this is not the same case.

• Like Like x 1
  6. jaybogg

jaybogg Member

Ratings:
    +18
    I see your point and you are probably correct in that you have the actual experience. I also see Sydman's point and feel you might have been a clearer about .210 and .211 being virtually the same. I am sure Sydman's concern is that less experienced users and those casually browsing will miss this point and brick their phones. Thanks for the clarification. it makes sense to me now.

7. Exalted911

Exalted911 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Yes i agree. Someone could read my reply and think that. And i know that sydman is trying to prevent the poor guy bricking his phone. But if he's on 210 likes i was. M a t t s utility will restore 211 because 210 and 211 are basically the same thing. S y d m a n is right i did tell someone that was still on gb the other day to use m a t t s utility to get 2 ics don't know what i was thinking. But that advice i gave him was wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  8. joshvader8

joshvader8 New Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I did try putting .211 on the SD, I keep getting a side load error. I've tried over and over again and nothing seems to work

9. joshvader8

joshvader8 New Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Oh and i really appreciate everything guys, no need to argue, I am just going to call in a replacement on Monday :) if they refuse I'm going to have to just go back to my droid 3... But thanks again!!

10. Exalted911

Exalted911 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Don't give up just yet. Use Matts utility. I had 2 1 0 and i went to 2 1 1. You can't side loaded because you can't go to 211 from 2 1 0. You need Matts utility for that.

11. FoxKat

FoxKat DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,316
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo, and Nexus 6!
    Like the OP said, no need to get heated about this.

I'll say in defense of everyone, that you are all right in one way our another.

First...versions;

.75, .79, .84, .85, .208, .209, .210, .211, .214, .215

Second, the .7X versions were apparently reversible, meaning you could revert back to Gingerbread if you so felt inclined.

.8X versions apparently incorporated a new Kernel, and since the bootloader is locked on these phones and there isn't a way to revert to the earlier Kernel, once you flashed to the .8X versions, you said goodbye to Gingerbread permanently.

.2XX versions prior to and including .211 are apparently all Fastbootable to .211. Since Matt's utilitys going back to 1.6 all incorporate the same 6.14.211 Fastboot file, I believe any of them can accomplish this task, including 1.8 & 1.81.

There are some references to "unstuck", which remedies some of the transition restrictions between versions, but I believe the most relevant is from .214 to .211.

.214 apparently requires going back to .211 before flashing to .215.

What I am sure of is that you can RSDLite back to .211 from .215 using the .211 Fastboot file, so it also stands to reason you can do the same with the 1.81 utility.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

• Like Like x 1
  12. TisMyDroid

TisMyDroid DF Super Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,908
    Current Phone Model:
    Samsung Note 3
    Wish I could give you 100 "likes" on this one FoxKat because prior to this explanation, I was so darn confused. Thank you!

So if someone is stuck on this error like joshvader, what would the best solution be?

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

Search tags for this page
droid razr utility 1.8.1 download

matt's 1.81 utility

restore .211