Urgent!!! Please help

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Oh and i really appreciate everything guys, no need to argue, I am just going to call in a replacement on Monday :) if they refuse I'm going to have to just go back to my droid 3... But thanks again!!

You will get a side load error you go back into stock recovery wipe data reapply ...Try this first. Thanks and hope this helps..

Sent from my XT912 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

OP
J

joshvader8

Reaction score
You guys ares amazing! But lemme just start, I'm only 15 and I'm not in town, I am in Washington and I live in so cal. I use my phone for everything. And I want to make sure I have absolutely everything right before I really screw my phone up. I don't wanna down grade...

So what I did was start with the 1.7 utility option to get from leak .210 to .211, I'm stuck in the middle And I'm not completely sure exactly what that first step did... I know it has to do with 1.81.
Second, I can only find utility 1.8 is there a 1.81? If so where can I find it?
Third, If infact I do find it what's my procedure?

Sorry guys, I just really wanna make sure I'm doing everything right. Thanks anyways though you guys have been such a big help and now I feel like there's people behind me with what I'm doing :)

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Wow josh! You are 15! I am thoroughly impressed! Not by just your abilities but your intelligence, your ability to write coherently and effectively, your sensitivity, your maturity and your tenacity! You are a gentleman that truly will excel in all areas of life! Just wow!

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

OP
J

joshvader8

Reaction score
Wow josh! You are 15! I am thoroughly impressed! Not by just your abilities but your intelligence, your ability to write coherently and effectively, your sensitivity, your maturity and your tenacity! You are a gentleman that truly will excel in all areas of life! Just wow!

Thanks! I've never had anyone say that to me, means a lot! :)
Really, thank you so much!

OP
J

joshvader8

Reaction score
Would I be able to flash the .211 Boot.img? Then update? Or would I brick?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Josh read through this thread, starting at page 34 or 35 I think. His situation/error similar to yours although he was rooted with safestrap installed. It may help.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-support/217843-mattyps-215-leak-classroom-34.html

I am not exactly sure what is the best method but I believe FoxKat's rsdlite method or exalted ideas would both work for you. I know Matty, FoxKat and Sydman will be able to help you be successful.

And I am surprised no one has ever told you that before but I know many have thought it. When I read that you were 15, I was amazed and would have never guessed that in a zillion years. What's more, I work with many many children and young adults. It is not too often that I see the politeness, maturity, abilities and intelligence that I have noticed with you. You should feel very good about the person you are.

OP
J

joshvader8

Reaction score
Hey guys, Just a quick update. My phone battery ran out the other day, so my attempts at fixing my phone where frutile. (If thats how you spell it lol) Anyways im going to call in a replacement either tomorrow or the next day, I will tell you guys what happens :)
Thanks again for trying your best :)

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Hey guys, Just a quick update. My phone battery ran out the other day, so my attempts at fixing my phone where frutile. (If thats how you spell it lol) Anyways im going to call in a replacement either tomorrow or the next day, I will tell you guys what happens :)
Thanks again for trying your best :)

Drop the "R". Anyway, I got my very own Factory Data Cable in the mail today from China. It works perfectly. We should have one that we can drop in the mail quickly to assist in troubleshooting and resolving battery problems for people. That would solve issues for people like our buddy Josh here.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

rjeatkrconley

Reaction score
FoxKat said:
Drop the "R". Anyway, I got my very own Factory Data Cable in the mail today from China. It works perfectly. We should have one that we can drop in the mail quickly to assist in troubleshooting and resolving battery problems for people. That would solve issues for people like our buddy Josh here.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Where did you find the cable, other than china, for purchase?

marleyinoc

Reaction score
You can check to see if Team Black Hat is still selling moto factory cables...

OP
J

joshvader8

Reaction score
Hey! I got my replacement its been activated and im running completely stock ics! Anyways, I am hoping and preying that verizon does not take the time to look very very deep into the phone. I mean if i cant get it to connect to any computers then they shouldn't, Now I might have mixed my words a bit earlier but the phone does charge. It just wont leave ap fastboot mode or Connect to a computer via usb. I am 80% sure that verizon will take the time to find some way in the world to expose my faulty software because they want their money.. But hey i cant blame them lol So im hoping i dont get charged with a 300 fee for the replacement... But, if i do my birthday is this month so maybe i can trick my mother into paying that fee instead of that nexus 7 i wanted lol Thanks guys!

GPYoung

Reaction score
Not saying that this is a tact I would take but others have posted that when their phone became hopeless, they told VZW that they were updating to ICS, put the phone down and came back and it was toast.......

Again, not saying I support this tact........

Thanks,
Geoff