[Updated] Samsung Galaxy Nexus full specs revealed; Verizon Wireless exclusive

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Short answer, yes.

The Bionic has a total 1.6" bezel on the top and bottom (including captive buttons), the screen size increase would reduce that to a 0.95" bezel or a 0.479" bezel on the top and bottom if it were evenly split (which I doubt it will be). The left and right bezel on the bionic is 0.52", screen size increase would reduce that to 0.35" total, or 0.175 inches (4.4486 mm) on each side (getting pretty small there haha).

Thank you Data!

qxum0x.jpg

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Since I can't sense emotion, I am unable to determine if you are being sarcastic, therefore I will take your gratitude on be on my way:icon_eek:

It is all praise! You are a valuable member of our crew and I would hate to loose you! Now for a beverage: computer, tea "Earl Grey" hot.

Big Dawg 23

Reaction score
I am disappointed in the specs. I have a feeling they are wrong. the SGSII is basically this phone only larger. As for the camera until the SGSII most 8MP out there are not at the level as the iPhone 4 camera. Despite how much people hate Apple and the iPhone, their camera and video is amazing. However, SGSII has now resolved that issue.

My hope is the spec's floating out there are not that. If you consider the other two Nexus phones brought something new in hardware. Nexus 1 had the new Snapdragon and Nexus S had NFC. The Nexus Prime doesn't offer anything new it appears. I am also finding it hard to believe only VZW will get it. This would be a surprise.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Haha, that was fun! now back to the topic at hand:

Now droid-life is going to say they knew this all along...haha...all these sites just post things with no confirmation. I know when we'll find out the truth...October 11th, no earlier no later.

It almost feels like every source posts every leak for 2 reasons. 1) Page hits, of course. and 2) So when the phone finally get announced they can say "We reported that!!!!!!" they just don't mention the 4 or 5 other things they reported that were false.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
My source says that it will have a 1.2 - 1.5 Ghz processor, and a screen size of 4.3 - 4.65 inches. It will also have a 5 - 8 megapixel camera.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am disappointed in the specs. I have a feeling they are wrong. the SGSII is basically this phone only larger. As for the camera until the SGSII most 8MP out there are not at the level as the iPhone 4 camera. Despite how much people hate Apple and the iPhone, their camera and video is amazing. However, SGSII has now resolved that issue.

My hope is the spec's floating out there are not that. If you consider the other two Nexus phones brought something new in hardware. Nexus 1 had the new Snapdragon and Nexus S had NFC. The Nexus Prime doesn't offer anything new it appears. I am also finding it hard to believe only VZW will get it. This would be a surprise.

Check out pages 5 and 6 and you'll see this has actually been brought up. We now think this phone will have specs similar to the GSII.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My source says that it will have a 1.2 - 1.5 Ghz processor, and a screen size of 4.3 - 4.65 inches. It will also have a 5 - 8 megapixel camera.

My source says that it will be able to make phone calls!!!!

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Haha, that was fun! now back to the topic at hand:

It almost feels like every source posts every leak for 2 reasons. 1) Page hits, of course. and 2) So when the phone finally get announced they can say "We reported that!!!!!!" they just don't mention the 4 or 5 other things they reported that were false.

Haha yep. You can't be wrong if you've made every possible prediction!

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
what if Samsung's big announcement is that they are going to selling WP7 and WP8 (assuming windows 8 even gets released) phones from here on out. Afterall they already pay Microsoft a trillion dollars per phone sold. Yes that's right a trillion......

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
what if Samsung's big announcement is that they are going to selling WP7 and WP8 (assuming windows 8 even gets released) phones from here on out. Afterall they already pay Microsoft a trillion dollars per phone sold. Yes that's right a trillion......

I didn't realize the royalties were that high...with the imminent release of the Rebel and the obvious success it will have Microsoft stands to make quadrillions....

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I also understand that the little 30 minute commercial shows that Google and Samsung have teamed for a "perfect combanation" so one would think that puts a gaping hole in my theory. Not so fast, I think they will announce that the perfect combination is, in fact, them breaking up and going their separate ways like lovers scorned in the night.

And yes this will be the opportune moment to drop the Droid Rebel on everyone.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I also understand that the little 30 minute commercial shows that Google and Samsung have teamed for a "perfect combanation" so one would think that puts a gaping hole in my theory. Not so fast, I think they will announce that the perfect combination is, in fact, them breaking up and going their separate ways like lovers scorned in the night.

And yes this will be the opportune moment to drop the Droid Rebel on everyone.

by 30 minute commercial, I meant 30 seconds. I'm a dummy

Ninjak

Reaction score
Has there been any confirmation (or at least rumor) of a MicroSD slot on this unit so far? If it lacks one, that'd be a dealbreaker for me, despite the nice specs.