[Rumor] More Details on Google's Next Nexus; Maybe Named 'Nexus Prime' from Samsung

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
google_nexus_s_live.jpg

Previously, we shared with you a rumor regarding the potential next Google Nexus Flagship device. Today, we have more rumors that shed more light on the enigmatic device. The first thing is that the device will most likely be made by Samsung, and will be Google's Flagship device. Additionally, the phone may be dubbed, the "Nexus Prime", and will come with a "Super AMOLED HD", and the previously mentioned Ice Cream Sandwich/Android 4.0. Furthermore, the story from BGR confirms their own earlier report that the device will come with the TI OMAP4460 processor.

Interestingly, the new details come with an additional angle to the story. That is that this next Google Nexus successor may come at the head of a big marketing push of exclusive Android 4.0/Ice Cream Sandwich halo devices, all launching around the same time from multiple carriers. It would appear that Google may be preparing for an all-out war with Apple, and may use this as a counter-attack to the release of the iPhone 5 in the Fall. A massive release of Ice Cream Sandwich exclusive devices across multiple carriers could be a powerful punch to Google's nemesis.

Source: Android.net via SlashGear and BGR

gmorgan056

Reaction score
So this creates more stress for me. Contract up in August. Do I way for Bionic, or for this new beast in the fall? Man....:unsure:

Reaction score
Why do people go so crazy over devices with O/S's that noone has tested, or barely have seen for that matter... While I agree that historically, Google newer versions have never disappointed... GB is till slowly rolling out.. What will ICS do for me?

Reaction score
Why do people go so crazy over devices with O/S's that noone has tested, or barely have seen for that matter... While I agree that historically, Google newer versions have never disappointed... GB is till slowly rolling out.. What will ICS do for me?

Sorry, did not mention while I welcome a newer version of Android... im not trying to hate, but I cant understand the NEED to have it this very second. All the newer devices will be upgradeable... so why so crazy about nexus pre loaded with ics?

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Sorry, did not mention while I welcome a newer version of Android... im not trying to hate, but I cant understand the NEED to have it this very second. All the newer devices will be upgradeable... so why so crazy about nexus pre loaded with ics?

With as fast as phones have been coming out with new software and upgraded processors and ram, i'm kinda with you on this one. While i do enjoy the way they are getting updates to the devices and OS's done, a phone i pick up today will be outdated within 2 months almost. So at this point i just picked up a decent phone and will wait until it plateaus out alittle come early next year.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
So this creates more stress for me. Contract up in August. Do I way for Bionic, or for this new beast in the fall? Man....:unsure:
Like you-contract up 8-6-11,im gonna just end contract-save duckies until she comes out and whatever carrier shes on then thats where im goin.Now-i wished they'd let us no what carrier,they say lte so that leaves(as of rite now)vzw.but they say this will b an at&t flagship-so i wait.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score

With as fast as phones have been coming out with new software and upgraded processors and ram, i'm kinda with you on this one. While i do enjoy the way they are getting updates to the devices and OS's done, a phone i pick up today will be outdated within 2 months almost. So at this point i just picked up a decent phone and will wait until it plateaus out alittle come early next year.
My reasoning is,i want a pure google phone and timly updates and no other phone/carrier are gonna give them 2 us as quick as google.i mean look @ the nexus on sprint-running 2.3.4-there r phones thats been out longer and still waiting 4 gb.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
google_nexus_s_live.jpg

Previously, we shared with you a rumor regarding the potential next Google Nexus Flagship device. Today, we have more rumors that shed more light on the enigmatic device. The first thing is that the device will most likely be made by Samsung, and will be Google's Flagship device. Additionally, the phone may be dubbed, the "Nexus Prime", and will come with a "Super AMOLED HD", and the previously mentioned Ice Cream Sandwich/Android 4.0. Furthermore, the story from BGR confirms their own earlier report that the device will come with the TI OMAP4460 processor.

Interestingly, the new details come with an additional angle to the story. That is that this next Google Nexus successor may come at the head of a big marketing push of exclusive Android 4.0/Ice Cream Sandwich halo devices, all launching around the same time from multiple carriers. It would appear that Google may be preparing for an all-out war with Apple, and may use this as a counter-attack to the release of the iPhone 5 in the Fall. A massive release of Ice Cream Sandwich exclusive devices across multiple carriers could be a powerful punch to Google's nemesis.

Will i was rite on the maker-sammy and the processor-now the TI OMAP4460-is that the 1.2-or the 1.5?

Reaction score
google_nexus_s_live.jpg

Will i was rite on the maker-sammy and the processor-now the TI OMAP4460-is that the 1.2-or the 1.5?

http://focus.ti.com/lit/ml/swpt034b/swpt034b.pdf

bout 6 pages down... the 4460 is 1.5ghz

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
google_nexus_s_live.jpg

Thxz NJF:icon_ banana:

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
google_nexus_s_live.jpg

Sorry messed that up-JFf

Reaction score
The only reason why i knew that was there was desperate searches to learn what the bionic might be packin.... F.M.L.:(