[Rumor] More Details on Google's Next Nexus; Maybe Named 'Nexus Prime' from Samsung

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
If Verizon were to ever receive a Google flagship device, I wish they would let out some of the information. I'm due for an upgrade in September and have given up on Verizon ever getting a pure Google phone again. I'm planning on the GSII but would consider waiting if I knew a developer phone was coming.

Well,I'm gonna take my chances and wait this 1 out and hopfully it works out 2 my advantage.I just can't imagine this Beast of a phone not bein on the fastest LTE-its a win win for everybody.By the way-How long has gb been out now?

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
What I don't understand is... why would Samsung use a third party SOC when they produce their own? They've partnered up with nVidia in some markets for their SGSII, but that appears to be a special circumstance.

What did they use in the Nexus S?

Brandon

Because even though the phone is made by Google I think they have the final say on everything in it. Hence why even though it's also a Samsung it doesn't have touchwiz on it as well. They are just using every available resource they would like to make it the best and THE android phone out there. Hence the usage of the First IC OS, the best screen on the market and possible in Google's opinion the most reliable and fastest processor.

That's what I don't like though. The Exinos seems far superior. I don't like the fact that the 4460 is just a 4430 at 1.5ghz while using the same PowerVR SGX540 from last year's humminbird. The Mali400 seems to be fastest atm, though I wouldn't consider it the best.
*Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Since all this is speculation they just may pull a moto and change processors and go with Exinos and add VZW LTE and pure google and I don't care about 8mp cam just give me quality pis with a good sensor(iphone style)and the newest version of Icecream-NASTY!!!

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
If Verizon were to ever receive a Google flagship device, I wish they would let out some of the information. I'm due for an upgrade in September and have given up on Verizon ever getting a pure Google phone again. I'm planning on the GSII but would consider waiting if I knew a developer phone was coming.

That's the point. They don't want you to wait which is why they are close lipped.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

TheTyler0013

Reaction score
I pray Verizon gets this, even there VZW bloat wouldn't bug me because the phone is unlocked and would be rooted quickly.