[Updated] Samsung Galaxy Nexus full specs revealed; Verizon Wireless exclusive

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
nexusprime-revealed-EDIT-550x315.jpg

While some confusion still exists around what the final product name will be, new details emerging from the BGR camp are clearing up the specifics on the NEXUS PRIME (or Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Droid Prime, Droid Nexus). Claiming a trusted source, a new report gives us an almost complete look at the spec sheet of Google’s Ice Cream Sandwich flagship. Here’s the dirt on the next Nexus:

• Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
  • 9mm thin
  • 4.65-inch 1280 x 720-pixel Super AMOLED HD with curved glass
  • TI OMAP 4460 dual-core Cortex A9 processor clocked at 1.2GHz
  • 1GB of RAM
  • 32GB of built-in storage
  • 5-megapixel camera on the back, 1.3-megapixel in the front
  • 1080p HD video capture support
  • LTE/HSPA depending on carrier
  • Wi-Fi a/b/g/n
  • NFC
  • 1,750 mAh battery
The Samsung Galaxy Nexus name is strongly attached to this rumor, and while it is a slight departure from the nomenclature established with previous releases, tying the device more strongly to the Galaxy S brand could have positive benefits. The phone is said to be a pure Google Experience device (as expected) and is once again confirmed to be a Verizon exclusive in the US.

Also, Thanks to ArkBird for the first thread, and to Trusstopher for the original tip!

Update: Oh, snap -- things are starting to get real now. This morning, BGR broke some exclusive info on the Nexus Prime that they obtained from a "trusted source." Now, GSMarena is reporting that they also have exclusive info on the upcoming device, but there's one problem: the latter strongly disagrees with the former. In fact, about the only thing the two sources are in agreeance about is the display --a 4.65-inch Super AMOLED HD running at 1280x720.

So, let's have a look at what GSMarena's source is saying the Prime will be packing:

• 1.5GHz dual-core processor, most likely Exynos
  • PowerVR SGX543MP2 GPU (the same one that's in the iPad 2)
  • 8MP rear shooter with 1080p video capture
  • 2050mAh battery
  • Global-ready
I have to say, that sounds more like a Nexus device to me. With all of the contradicting specs, though, there's only one thing we can do: wait until October 11th and get the deets straight from the source.

Source: AndroidPolice

Update by Wozzy

SOURCE: Samsung Galaxy Nexus full specs revealed; Verizon Wireless exclusive

Last edited by a moderator:

GeLopez

Reaction score
everything looks good except the rear camera, what happened there?

on a side note, yes the other thread was first.

Last edited:

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Nice on the larger display! Yea, you'd think the camera would be at least 8mp?

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
^^It's not all about the Em-Pe's... I think Sammy has the ability to pull off a fantastic camera at the 5MP level. Unless you are trying to take shots and blow them up to poster size, going above 5 is pretty much overkill.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I dunno, depends on the quality of the sensor. I have to admit, the iPhone4 takes some great photos, plain and simple. My DroidX can take some nice ones, but the conditions have to be right. My DX has 8MP and the IP4 has 5MP. I would rather take quality over a higher MP.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I dunno, depends on the quality of the sensor. I have to admit, the iPhone4 takes some great photos, plain and simple. My DroidX can take some nice ones, but the conditions have to be right. My DX has 8MP and the IP4 has 5MP. I would rather take quality over a higher MP.

exactly, it's all about the sensors and the camera tech. MP's mean very little if you can't use them properly.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well Samsung cameras are probably the only Android cameras (besides Sony) that can rival the iPhone cameras so I'm sure we'll be fine with 5MPs.

squeak

Reaction score
1.2Ghz? not 1.5!? Boo! But I still want it.

djsiva

Reaction score
I really was up in the air between the Vigor and this beast, but I'm now leaning more towards the Prime.

Wonmotyme

Reaction score
Thinking the camera is a compromise to keep a sexy form but enough to have a good quality 5 MP camera

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, and to the point about "Tying the Galaxy line to the Nexus line":

I don't really see it so much as an tying as a "Collaboration." Sort of like pairing the "Droid" line with the "Razr" line or when two iconic musicians come together for a single song: It will be two traditionally awesome device lines that come together for a kick ass performance, and then go their separate ways afterward.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
So that's the perfect combination...the galaxy line and the nexus line

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, I could see that... still want my Nexus tablet though hahaha