[Rumor] New Details Leak About Specs and Name for Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Diab210

Reaction score
I don't think Picasa has a size limitation.... I don't think anyway. Also maybe that's why the phone's camera was dropped to a 5mp from an 8mp to shrink the file size of the photos a little bit.

jcardona1

Reaction score
Do all these services modify/compress your photos when uploading them, though?

I have a Flickr Pro account as I use it a lot for my photography. It keeps the original file sizes and maintains the best photo quality. Although I've never uploaded photos straight from my phone, so I don't know if it would compress when uploaded that way.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Everything this phone has, and they couldn't spend another $15 to add an optional SD Card slot?

loki993

Reaction score
Don't know, why do they release their flagship and give it a 5mp camera. I know that's a niggly thing to talk about and I don't really care its just curious. The GSII has an 8mp camera. You would think this phone would beat that phone in every regard. 1 gig of ram, So does the GSII. 1.2GHZ, going by some rumors, same as GSII. I don't get it. That's why those specs seem a bit off.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Mmmmmmm!!

2iqcupg.jpg

gwhiz377

Reaction score
But it is a tying of the two names by the mere fact that they are breaking naming protocol, especially seeing as how this will be two Nexus phones back to back from the same manufacture. The Nexus S was more or less a Galaxy S but maintained its autonomy as a line through name. Whether you want to admit it or not having the device called the Galaxy Nexus and not the Nexus (____________) will set a precedent. Even the G1 on T-Mobile was sold elsewhere as the Dream not the Dream by Google

This.

When I think Galaxy, I think TouchWiz. While of course, when you hear Nexus, you think pure Google Experience. While it may not have TouchWiz or anything on it, it sounds stupid to combine those ideas. I didn't wanna believe these rumors that there are 2 separate devices. And it's really starting to sound like Verizon is dropping the ball once again. Why skip out on the SII to be the first to get Nexus, only to get what is starting to sound like the lesser of the 2 phones coming out.

Briankbl

Reaction score
Isn't there a Rumor forum for a reason? Why is this in the News forum? I R Confoosed

Sent using common sense.

b-jammin21

Reaction score
Don't know, why do they release their flagship and give it a 5mp camera. I know that's a niggly thing to talk about and I don't really care its just curious. The GSII has an 8mp camera. You would think this phone would beat that phone in every regard. 1 gig of ram, So does the GSII. 1.2GHZ, going by some rumors, same as GSII. I don't get it. That's why those specs seem a bit off.

+1. If these specs are true, the should just call it the Samsung Galaxy 2.5 or something. Or maybe they should have just went with the GSII anyways... I guess i just don't understand why they would make several DIFFERENT phones/phone models with such closely similar specs (i.e. Nexus Prime - however many "different versions" of it they're making (???), and the GSII)

I don't know if I buy these specs. Something seems fishy here...

Oh, maybe it's the tuna.

Last edited:

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
+1. If these specs are true, the should just call it the Samsung Galaxy 2.5 or something. Or maybe they should have just went with the GSII anyways...

I don't know if I buy these specs. Something seems fishy here...

Oh, maybe it's the tuna.

That's just the Tuna....

gwhiz377

Reaction score
I'm starting to get the feeling that Verizon is skipping out on the best possible Android phones, because they wanna start catering to Apple now. Ever since it made it's way to Verizon, it's all been about iPhone. Open up the Shop tab on Verizon's website....iPhone 4. Go to pay my bill....preorder iPhone 4S. It's truly amazing how the #1 Android provider seems to be missing out on all the flagship devices. If that is the case, I may need to start looking to go back to Sprint again. I don't really need the fastest 4g speeds. Having unlimited everything for a much less price would nice as well.

matt2783

Reaction score
large screen - we all take 4.65 or so for granted, but I wasn't able to confirm the exact size, so I am only including things we know

Maybe there's still hope that this thing won't be gigantic. Even if it's 4.5" I'll feel better about it. I just can't see a 4.65" screen not being a monster of a phone, soft keys hidden or not.

sparty569

Reaction score
No SD means nothing to mount though. And, SPR is outdated anyway. Even if RZR came to the Nexus, I can't see how you would mount the SD. May it changes to mount filesystem?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Jerrod6

Reaction score
Afterthought: Is the interface between the device and an SD card a bottle neck for any data transfers? Would removing an SD card from the equations speed up interface between the OS and apps stored there or recording media directly to it?
I think I read on some forum or web site (don't remember which one) that Google was trying to encourage phone manufactures to increase the available storage on their devices and discontinue the SD card. Think about it. On a PC or large mainframe computer the slowest part of any processing is moving data from a phsycial device to the CPU processor so much so that on many mainframe computers when a call for I/O is issued the CPU will swap the application out and beginniing working on another application that is resident CPU, and in doing so it lets I/O routines handle the data movement. The CPU processor will return to the application after the data has been read from the disk and moved into storage.... so from a performance standpoint it might make sense to increase on board storage and eliminate physical storage such as an SD card.

I don't care as long as I can transfer my data to my PC or other device.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I don't care as long as I can transfer my data to my PC or other device.

I back-up using ES File explorer via wifi all the time. I think you can also do it over bluetooth, and I'm sure there are some other file managers that do it as well. Not as fast as USB, but pretty darn easy and convenient for moving a few hundred megs back and forth.