[Rumor] More Details on Google's Next Nexus; Maybe Named 'Nexus Prime' from Samsung

g_what

Reaction score
Next phone is either the Bionic or this monster. Decisions, decisions...

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Slash Gear huh.... They are the ones that reported the Droid 3 would have 4g LTE last week. I emailed them to ask them where they got that information from. They never got back to me. I will take their info with a grain of salt unless the Droid 3 in fact does have 4g.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I'd like to see Google continue to have a different hardware manufacture do the phones for each Nexus. It makes each one distinctive.

Parter28

Reaction score
I find it hard to believe that Samsung would use a TI chip instead of their own Exinos. The GPU on the TI is the same as last years Nexus S, only at a higher clock speed. The Super Amoled HD does sound sweet though. I would personally take the Exinos over the TI as no other phone seems to perform faster than the Galalxy S II.

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
Oh come on, I just got the X2 a week ago... Thankfully I have another upgrade in August, and hopefully I can find the money :)

forum8417

Reaction score
i hope it comes out before november because my contract is up my aug and i am dying for a new phone

bplewis24

Reaction score
What I don't understand is... why would Samsung use a third party SOC when they produce their own? They've partnered up with nVidia in some markets for their SGSII, but that appears to be a special circumstance.

What did they use in the Nexus S?

Brandon

Darksthour

Reaction score
What I don't understand is... why would Samsung use a third party SOC when they produce their own? They've partnered up with nVidia in some markets for their SGSII, but that appears to be a special circumstance.

Brandon

Because even though the phone is made by Google I think they have the final say on everything in it. Hence why even though it's also a Samsung it doesn't have touchwiz on it as well. They are just using every available resource they would like to make it the best and THE android phone out there. Hence the usage of the First IC OS, the best screen on the market and possible in Google's opinion the most reliable and fastest processor.

Parter28

Reaction score

Brandon

Because even though the phone is made by Google I think they have the final say on everything in it. Hence why even though it's also a Samsung it doesn't have touchwiz on it as well. They are just using every available resource they would like to make it the best and THE android phone out there. Hence the usage of the First IC OS, the best screen on the market and possible in Google's opinion the most reliable and fastest processor.

That's what I don't like though. The Exinos seems far superior. I don't like the fact that the 4460 is just a 4430 at 1.5ghz while using the same PowerVR SGX540 from last year's humminbird. The Mali400 seems to be fastest atm, though I wouldn't consider it the best.
*Please correct me if I'm wrong.

matt2783

Reaction score
I really, really hope this is true and Verizon finally gets a Nexus phone. Nexus+LTE+Super AMOLED= Perfection.

jengas kahn

Reaction score
why does samsung always put the volume rocker opposite the power button? am i the only one this bothers?

Travillion

Reaction score
If Verizon were to ever receive a Google flagship device, I wish they would let out some of the information. I'm due for an upgrade in September and have given up on Verizon ever getting a pure Google phone again. I'm planning on the GSII but would consider waiting if I knew a developer phone was coming.