[Rumor] New Details Leak About Specs and Name for Samsung Galaxy Nexus

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
nexus-logo-small.jpg

According to a report from AndroidPolice, one of their reliable sources was able to dish out some details on the Samsung Galaxy Nexus. Supposedly, they have been able to confirm both the specs of the device and its actual name. Here's a quote from their article with direct details,
According to our source, the first CDMA Galaxy Nexus in the U.S. (which should be Samsung model SCH-i515) will undoubtedly and unsurprisingly indeed have an OMAP processor, LTE, and be exclusive to Verizon, which points to BGR's specs being more accurate. Here are the specs we were able to reliably confirm ourselves so far, independently of BGR or anyone else:
  • OMAP 4460 processor, which is rated at 1.5GHz (it's unclear if Google will underclock it or not - BGR seemed to think it'll be clocked at 1.2GHz, but our source thinks otherwise). Therefore, we're going to say the processor model is confirmed, pending exact clock speed clarification
  • 32GB internal storage
  • no SD card slot (like the Nexus S, argh)
  • LED notification (unlike the Nexus S)
  • 1GB RAM
  • LTE
  • NFC
  • 1080p HD recording @30fps
  • 5MP rear camera
  • possibly some sort of a time lapse feature
  • Ice Cream Sandwich confirmed as Android 4.0
  • Internally, the Verizon Nexus is known as Tuna/Tuna 4G (board/model) as well as Toro (product/device)
  • Galaxy Nexus name
  • large screen - we all take 4.65 or so for granted, but I wasn't able to confirm the exact size, so I am only including things we know
They went on to elaborate that it is entirely possible that any conflicting reports about a phone called the Prime, could still be accurate, but instead are simply referring to a completely different phone. Of course, we shouldn't completely trust anything, until the 18th/19th of October when we hear the final details straight from the horses mouth. (Even that date is just an unconfirmed rumor at this point.) <Sigh> What ever happened to reliable leaks? ;)

Source: PrimeForums via AndroidPolice

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Off to the rumor mill to update... another notch on the Verizon will get a Nexus which should mean no bloat yadda yadda yadda

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
worse is a loose term there, they are both awesome phones but the other set of specs floating around are pretty amazing.

I can handle losing 3MP on the camera if the hardware is the same in both and kick ass. I can handle an OMAP over an Exynos if that means that it will play better with 4gLTE and that we get it over a month sooner. As far as battery size, I haven't seen the same sized rumored twice so I'm not even going to speculate on that.... I think I'm forgetting one of the other differences....?

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
On the whole, I have no problem with those specs. The only thing I wonder about is will the full internal memory cause any potential issues with rooting and ROM's? All of my other phones have had SD Cards so that has never been a consideration. If it doesn't cause a problem with that, I absolutely have no problem with the 32gb memory being entirely embedded. I hardly ever pull my 16gb card out of my Inc 2 so that size would be a non issue for me.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Yea, meh on the camera.. Does anyone know if Samsung does ok in the battery dept?

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
On the whole, I have no problem with those specs. The only thing I wonder about is will the full internal memory cause any potential issues with rooting and ROM's? All of my other phones have had SD Cards so that has never been a consideration. If it doesn't cause a problem with that, I absolutely have no problem with the 32gb memory being entirely embedded. I hardly ever pull my 16gb card out of my Inc 2 so that size would be a non issue for me.

True, what if you wipe to flash a new rom and the whole SD gets erased. That would be a huge fail.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
I believe I've heard pretty good on the battery issue regarding Samsungs. Course coming from my HTC, that's all relative. Just about anything is better than what I deal with now. LOL

Ninjak

Reaction score
I believe I've heard pretty good on the battery issue regarding Samsungs. Course coming from my HTC, that's all relative. Just about anything is better than what I deal with now. LOL

I hope so. One of the reasons I stay away from iPhones is the lack of a swappable battery. Much asI love the look of this phone, hoping the battery is up to snuff combined with the lack of an SD slot is a bit of a downer. But I'm not turned off completely yet, by far. Although I'm still waiting for more news on the Vigor's release to materialize...