[Rumor] Nexus Prime Could be Called Samsung Galaxy Nexus with 4.65" Screen

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
4.65" isn't a phone, it's a tablet that makes calls. Whether it's true or not, I'm looking forward to getting my hands on it.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

For me it is funny reading comments like these when just 2 days ago I was dreaming of the Samsung Note @ 5.3".... that would have been a dream for me

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
We need another spy shot of this phone as well. I'm already tired of the one with it lying naked on the bear skin rug!

Icculus760

Reaction score
^^ Yea, we have modded X's that are pretty darn fast! It's not as hard for us to wait as lets say someone with a dying D1.

It's like you're talking right to me! My OGD is really struggling & I'm 25% sure it'll make it to the end of Oct -- clearly I'm hoping the Oct/Nov rumors are true for the release, not just them announcing it exists, or will be released sometime else. Course that helps nobody here, so, umm, yeah ...

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
It's like you're talking right to me! My OGD is really struggling & I'm 25% sure it'll make it to the end of Oct -- clearly I'm hoping the Oct/Nov rumors are true for the release, not just them announcing it exists, or will be released sometime else. Course that helps nobody here, so, umm, yeah ...

You could do what I did and buy a used X to get you through these rough times!

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
4.65 isn't that big. Remove some of the bezel on the Droid X and X2 and you got 4.65...not big at all.

As long as the ICS button bar better not be as big as the Honeycomb one. That's just gonna make the screen small as hell.

sb1831

Reaction score
Sorry but Google isn't going to tie the Nexus name to an established product line like the Galaxy line. This phone like all other Google experience devices will be a separate one-off design. I wouldn't bet on any of this "source's" specs being correct except by coincidence or luck.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
This phone like all other Google experience devices will be a separate one-off design.

Not to disagree with your point, but the. D1 was a Google Experience phone. :D

But I doubt any Nexus phone would be tied to an OEM's line. Although the Nexus S is a Galaxy S phone so they got close there.

LLR00717

sb1831

Reaction score
Not to disagree with your point, but the. D1 was a Google Experience phone. :D

But I doubt any Nexus phone would be tied to an OEM's line. Although the Nexus S is a Galaxy S phone so they got close there.

LLR00717

Yes but at the time, was a one-off device and honestly believe that the D1's success is why they'll never associate a phone like that with a known label. Google MAY not have ended up buying Motorola this year if they put the Nexus moniker on the D1. Google simply didn't have the stroke with the Android OS at the time to do so.

blacksoxing

Reaction score
I dunno, I'm still loving that Samsung Note. The screen size really appeals to me. My upgrade is here in March, so I hope it comes out before then, but the price comes down by then too.

I'm confident by then you'd want something else....

creaky

Reaction score
You could do what I did and buy a used X to get you through these rough times!

Exactly. Otherwise I would still be on a god-forsaken Storm 1. My heart goes out to Preach....