(updated 6-29) Froyo Kangerade v0.3.4 - Compiled from source

Bako

Reaction score
The Team Chaos market fix worked for me too. I also noticed that I've been getting double or triple text messages ever since I installed froyo roms, not just this one. I'm using Handcent SMS.

I hadn't noticed anything wrong with the market yet - is it just with paid apps? Also, how does one apply the Team Chaos fix? Apologies, I'm new to this stuff.

I'm also using Handcent without problems - did you turn off notifications from the stock messaging app?

tlippert

Reaction score
I've noticed something strange since putting the updated frf83 on my phone.. My map on weatherbug elite is black (no map) the little guy is there but that's it... anyone else having the same problem..

hailtothetheif83

Reaction score
The Team Chaos market fix worked for me too. I also noticed that I've been getting double or triple text messages ever since I installed froyo roms, not just this one. I'm using Handcent SMS.

I hadn't noticed anything wrong with the market yet - is it just with paid apps? Also, how does one apply the Team Chaos fix? Apologies, I'm new to this stuff.

I'm also using Handcent without problems - did you turn off notifications from the stock messaging app?

Here are the instructions I'm going to follow... Downloading the ROM right now

Tip: Market App Issue in Froyo - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

jbrock98

Reaction score
i didn't wipe coming from ultimate droid extreme 1.2.5 (from source) ....could there be any harm in it?

BlooS

Reaction score

When I was re-installing apps, a few of my paid apps didn't install and I couldn't find it anywhere in the market. I just installed the fix the same way I did with any rom, using rom manager/ clockwork mod recovery.

Yeah, I disabled the stock messaging app. I keep getting repeated text messages within handcent. So it would show the same message twice or three times some times.

hailtothetheif83

Reaction score
Super happy now!!!!

Finally got the apps to appear in market again with fix
with this new version maps and all other programs that use GPS function as normal!!
Downloaded and using ChevyNO1's LV 7 slot 1.1ghz kernel and the phone FLIES!! (Will post some Linpack and Quadrant scores once the phone charges a little)

Can't wait to see what JRummy has in store for us in the coming weeks!!!!

bkfist

Reaction score
I think you will find that if you are using this ROM with the ChevyNo1 LV kernel (1.0 Ghz at least) Google Voice notifications will not work for you. They do not for me (full wipe)... Not sure without the ChevyNo1 kernel, as the default kernel would not connect to my WiFi network (WPA2/AES)

solution

Reaction score
i didn't wipe coming from ultimate droid extreme 1.2.5 (from source) ....could there be any harm in it?

Since this is an experimental rom you probably should do a full wipe. Or you can install over your current rom but dont freak out if some things end up not working.

Bako

Reaction score
Hmm... I installed the Team Chaos market fix, but still can't see Homerun battle 3d (which I assume means it didn't work.) Anything else I could try to fix this? I did a full wipe when I installed the rom originally.

jbrock98

Reaction score
After applying the bgill55marketfix the about phone section info changed from jrummy FRF83 back to the leaked froyo "....xxxx test keys" thing, did this happen for anyone else?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

solution

Reaction score
Hmm... I installed the Team Chaos market fix, but still can't see Homerun battle 3d (which I assume means it didn't work.) Anything else I could try to fix this? I did a full wipe when I installed the rom originally.

Prior to installing the market fix its best that you clear the Market Cache and data. You do this by going to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > All Tab > Market. Hit the Clear Data button that will also wipe the cache, you can confirm by looking at the cache button. If it greys out after hitting clear data then cache has been wiped too.

After you do that reboot into recovery of your choice ( I use SPR) and apply the fix. The reason why its best to clear the data/cache for the market place is because when you sync your phone some data gets restored and is some how corrupted. Clearing it gives you the best environment for the fix to work.

solution

Reaction score
After applying the bgill55marketfix the about phone section info changed from jrummy FRF83 back to the leaked froyo "....xxxx test keys" thing, did this happen for anyone else?

I forgot what it was supposed to say actually Jrummy can you please post what the Build number is supposed to read?

It's possible that it changed the build number in order to trick the marketplace to give the phone full access, not entirely sure. But thats my best guess at the moment.

Mine currently reads voles-userdebug 2.2 FRFXX 33333 test-keys after the marketplace fix.

EDIT: I opened up Build.prop in word pad and this is what I found:

# begin build properties
# autogenerated by buildinfo.sh
ro.build.id=FRF57
ro.build.display.id=voles-userdebug 2.2 FRFxx 33333 test-keys
ro.build.version.incremental=33333
ro.build.version.sdk=8
ro.build.version.codename=REL
ro.build.version.release=2.2
ro.build.date=Tue May 25 07:55:51 MST 2010
ro.build.date.utc=1274799351
ro.build.type=userdebug
ro.build.user=android-build
ro.build.host=android-test-32.mtv.corp.google.com
ro.build.tags=test-keys
ro.product.model=Droid
ro.product.brand=verizon
ro.product.name=voles
ro.product.device=sholes
ro.product.board=sholes
ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi-v7a
ro.product.cpu.abi2=armeabi
ro.product.manufacturer=Motorola
ro.product.locale.language=en
ro.product.locale.region=US
ro.wifi.channels=
ro.board.platform=omap3
# ro.build.product is obsolete; use ro.product.device
ro.build.product=sholes
# Do not try to parse ro.build.description or .fingerprint
ro.build.description=voles-userdebug 2.2 FRFxx 33333 test-keys
ro.build.fingerprint=verizon/voles/sholes/sholes:2.1-update1/ESE81/29593:user/release-keys
# end build properties
#
# system.prop for generic sdk
#

rild.libpath=/system/lib/libmoto_ril.so
rild.libargs=-d /dev/ttyS0
ro.sf.lcd_density=240

# Default network type.
# 4 => CDMA / EVDO.
ro.telephony.default_network=4

wifi.interface = tiwlan0
# Time between scans in seconds. Keep it high to minimize battery drain.
# This only affects the case in which there are remembered access points,
# but none are in range.
wifi.supplicant_scan_interval = 360

# Indicate carrier OTA SP number schema
# refer to frameworks/base/telephony/java/com/android/
# internal/telephony/cdma/CDMAPhone.java for the schema:
ro.cdma.otaspnumschema=SELC,1,80,99

# The OpenGL ES API level that is natively supported by this device.
# This is a 16.16 fixed point number
ro.opengles.version = 131072

# This is a high density device with more memory, so larger vm heaps for it.
dalvik.vm.heapsize=24m

#
# ADDITIONAL_BUILD_PROPERTIES
#
ro.config.notification_sound=droid.ogg
ro.config.ringtone=DroidInvasion.ogg
ro.config.notification_sound=OnTheHunt.ogg
ro.config.alarm_alert=Alarm_Classic.ogg
media.stagefright.enable-player=true
media.stagefright.enable-meta=true
media.stagefright.enable-scan=true
media.stagefright.enable-http=true
ro.com.android.wifi-watchlist=GoogleGuest
ro.error.receiver.system.apps=com.google.android.feedback
ro.setupwizard.enterprise_mode=1
ro.com.google.clientidbase=android-verizon
ro.com.google.locationfeatures=1
ro.url.legal=http://www.google.com/intl/%s/mobile/android/basic/phone-legal.html
ro.url.legal.android_privacy=http://www.google.com/intl/%s/mobile/android/basic/privacy.html
ro.config.ringtone=CaribbeanIce.ogg
ro.setupwizard.mode=OPTIONAL
ro.cdma.home.operator.numeric=310004
ro.cdma.home.operator.alpha=Verizon
ro.cdma.homesystem=64,65,76,77,78,79,80,81,82,83
ro.cdma.data_retry_config=default_randomization=2000,0,0,120000,180000,540000,960000
ro.config.vc_call_vol_steps=7
ro.cdma.otaspnumschema=SELC,1,80,99
ro.telephony.call_ring.multiple=false
#ro.telephony.call_ring.delay=3000
ro.url.safetylegal=http://www.motorola.com/staticfiles/Support/legal/?model=A855
ro.setupwizard.enable_bypass=1
ro.media.dec.jpeg.memcap=20000000
dalvik.vm.lockprof.threshold=500
dalvik.vm.dexopt-flags=m=y
net.bt.name=Android
dalvik.vm.stack-trace-file=/data/anr/traces.txt

I think those two changes is what allows Froyo to work within the marketplace. Since 2.2 isn't officially out it would make sense that Google has it locked out. It's actually pretty common to do this. I do this with my PSP games so they work with older versions of firmware.

Last edited:

skurtz1313

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

I forgot what it was supposed to say actually Jrummy can you please post what the Build number is supposed to read?

It's possible that it changed the build number in order to trick the marketplace to give the phone full access, not entirely sure. But thats my best guess at the moment.

Mine currently reads voles-userdebug 2.2 FRFXX 33333 test-keys after the marketplace fix.

Mine shows the same I doubt it is a big deal since it is only a fix for the market.

Bako

Reaction score

Prior to installing the market fix its best that you clear the Market Cache and data. You do this by going to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > All Tab > Market. Hit the Clear Data button that will also wipe the cache, you can confirm by looking at the cache button. If it greys out after hitting clear data then cache has been wiped too.

After you do that reboot into recovery of your choice ( I use SPR) and apply the fix. The reason why its best to clear the data/cache for the market place is because when you sync your phone some data gets restored and is some how corrupted. Clearing it gives you the best environment for the fix to work.

Thanks for the tip. I did the market data/cache wipe as instructed, but still no Homerun 3D. I'm doing the patch via ROM Manager, as instructed in the droid-life.com posting; I assume it's working, but hard to tell. Any other ideas?

hailtothetheif83

Reaction score

Just checked mine after market fix and it reads the same as you guys!

Used to be something different...

Anyone know if this have any other bad effect on the ROM? (Just read more post after and I believe everything should be ok)