(updated 6-29) Froyo Kangerade v0.3.4 - Compiled from source

veritech

Reaction score
Noticed that certain OC kernels (jdlfg's 1.3GHz LV kernel, for instance) will install properly, but ruin the current installation of the ROM.

I installed the 1.3GHz kernel and rebooted the phone, only to be notified that I had zero battery, and the phone shut down. Perhaps that's an issue with the kernel itself, though, I don't know.
Is it a froyo kernel? I accidentally installed a non froyo kernel and thats what happened to me. Make sure its a froyo kernel.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

vmann32

Reaction score
@Sparty569

Good point I actually run the tests on the on demand just cause that is what I use but I did try to bump it up to performance after I read your post.I always forget you can change it,but i ended up with a 1678 :icon_eek:

Also looks like quadrant added the 2.2 builds to compare to_Or maybe I never paid attention to it.

OP
jrummy16

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
frf83 Jrummy test build

jun 27 2010 2.45am

Installed rom. Performed full wipe (data/cache/system) Rom installed, no errors

Setup and account synced phone. Market place not fuctioning correctly (standard 2.2 issue) Able to download Quadrant.

Quadrant run, stock kernel (what came with the rom) stock cpu clock (600Mhz)
1st Run, Score: 833

2nd Run, Score: 952

3rd Run, Score: 929

Linpack Runs, Norm Res: 3.36, Precision: 2.220446049250313E-16

1st Benchmark - MFLOPS 9.007
Time 0.6 Sec.

2nd Benchmark - MFLOPS 9.547
Time: 0.57

3rd Benchmark - MFLOPS 9.598
Time: 0.56

Applied market place fix from Team Chaos thread install successfull

Attemped to install Tapatalk application, received installatino unsuccessfull error. 2nd install was successull.

Attemped to install Adroid Terminal Emulator, installation successfull

Homerun battle 3d installed

Installed Google maps 4.3, install successfull. Received "Login Error" upon opening applciation. Plotted location and started navigation app 3 times to 3 different locations. application seems to be working properly

installed set cpu, rebooted phone

Quadrant run, stock kernel (what came with the rom) CPU OCd to 800Mhz (Kernel cap)

1st Run, Score: 1085

2nd Run, Score: 1184

3rd Run, Score: 1138

Linpack Runs, Norm res: 3.36, Precision: 2.220446049250313E-16

1st Benchmark - MFLOPS 11.924
Time: 0.45 Sec.

2nd Benchmark - MFLOPS 12.797
Time: 0.42 Sec.

3rd Benchmark - MFLOPS 12.678
Time: 0.43 Sec.

Installed Beautiful Widgets 2.36, configured app, app is working poperly. (NOTE: Location and temp not displayed properly when in landscape. This is actually a slight spacing issue between the stock 2.2 launcher and widget. Issue does not happen when using Launcher PRO.)

Installed Rockplayer Beta 0.2.8, ran video, application is working properly.

Initial observations:
This build is surprisingly snappy considering the stock cpu is set @ 600Mhz. Im currently running @ 800Mhz and it feels smooth. FPS is a little slow but that's the stock launcher's fault not the system, not enough for me to complain about it.

Its 4am and im ready to crash lol I wanted to get this installed and going b4 i went bed. I'll do more tests and try to get this baby to FC on something tomorrow lol

BTW does anyone know if there is some sort of error log I can look at once an app FCs? That way I can tell ya where the error is taking place.

sorry for the bad grammar and punctuation.. im tired lol :)

I like your post :)

did that team chaos build.prop allow you to see every app you couldn't before?

CKyle22

Reaction score
Man I wish Facebook sync worked. Then this would be the perfect ROM.

tony1208

Reaction score
Man I wish Facebook sync worked. Then this would be the perfect ROM.

Amen on that haha

just tried using the froyo nextheme on this and it did not work...yeah i figured it wouldn't but i had to try..my droid wouldnt go pass the M at bootup so i had to reinstall this rom again no biggie :)

Last edited:

sparty569

Reaction score
I did add the Green Round Battery update and it works. Nice to have %'s agaain, even if they are only 20% increments.

korp

Reaction score
Do we have any eta on facebook sync getting fixed? I really like this rom .... but I like having the facebook sync.

donhwyo

Reaction score
OpenVPN Working?

Any body got openvpn working? Anybody using it? Nobody seems to respond to posts about it on this forum. Is there a better place to look? It works in 2.1 down so somebody must care about this, who?

Thanks,
Don

Bako

Reaction score
Jrummy, just wanted to thank you for this rom, which has allowed me to enjoy Froyo for the first time. I use a visual voicemail program called YouMail, which I've had since I was on a Blackberry, way back when, and it causes frequent, random reboots on all the other non-source 2.2 roms, and it wasn't worth it to me to get rid of the service just to have 2.2 a few weeks early. But it works fine with your rom! Brilliant. I am loving it.

I hope you'll do the Facebook integration and other fixes and continue developing this rom, because I'm sure there are lots of people like me who had issues and incompatibilities with the previous batch of roms.

Thanks again, and keep up the good work!

skurtz1313

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Jrummy-

I've been running this since yesterday, and have yet to have a FC on anything. My only problems have been not seeing all downloads in the market, Pure Grid Calendar Widget(Sees 2.1 calendar not 2.2)works fine on Kangerade, and FB Sync(previously mentioned multiple times) doesnt bother me I don't use it.

Everything else I use works flawless! Seems like a solid to start to what I'm sure will be a crazy ROM......Bring on LithiumMod:icon_ banana:

solution

Reaction score
frf83 Jrummy test build

jun 27 2010 2.45am

Setup and account synced phone. Market place not fuctioning correctly (standard 2.2 issue) Able to download Quadrant.

Time 0.6 Sec.

Attemped to install Tapatalk application, received installatino unsuccessfull error. 2nd install was successull.

Installed Google maps 4.3, install successfull. Received "Login Error" upon opening applciation. Plotted location and started navigation app 3 times to 3 different locations. application seems to be working properly

Quadrant run, stock kernel (what came with the rom) CPU OCd to 800Mhz (Kernel cap)

Installed Beautiful Widgets 2.36, configured app, app is working poperly. (NOTE: Location and temp not displayed properly when in landscape. This is actually a slight spacing issue between the stock 2.2 launcher and widget. Issue does not happen when using Launcher PRO.)

Initial observations:
This build is surprisingly snappy considering the stock cpu is set @ 600Mhz. Im currently running @ 800Mhz and it feels smooth. FPS is a little slow but that's the stock launcher's fault not the system, not enough for me to complain about it.

Its 4am and im ready to crash lol I wanted to get this installed and going b4 i went bed. I'll do more tests and try to get this baby to FC on something tomorrow lol

BTW does anyone know if there is some sort of error log I can look at once an app FCs? That way I can tell ya where the error is taking place.

Yeah, after installing the Rom there were a bunch of paid apps that I couldn't see. After applying the fix I was able to see them and install them. I also made sure to clear the market data b4 I applied the fix.

Heres a link to the fix:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/at...froyo-leaked-version-2-market_fix_bgill55.zip

hailtothetheif83

Reaction score
frf83 Jrummy test build

jun 27 2010 2.45am

Time 0.6 Sec.

Initial observations:

Yeah, after installing the Rom there were a bunch of paid apps that I couldn't see. After applying the fix I was able to see them and install them. I also made sure to clear the market data b4 I applied the fix.

Heres a link to the fix:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/at...froyo-leaked-version-2-market_fix_bgill55.zip

NICE!!! This is what I have been waiting to hear. I tried the market fix on the first source ROM that JRummy did but it didn't work so I went back to Kangerade V1.1 use some apps on a daily basis that didn't show up

Will download the new Source and try the market fix again!

BlooS

Reaction score
The Team Chaos market fix worked for me too. I also noticed that I've been getting double or triple text messages ever since I installed froyo roms, not just this one. I'm using Handcent SMS.

tlippert

Reaction score
Market fix worked for me too.. thanks I'm also using handcent, but with no problems..