(updated 6-29) Froyo Kangerade v0.3.4 - Compiled from source

razorseal

Reaction score
How is this compared to BB 021? faster, smoother? what do you guys think?

RhodeRage

Reaction score
Lingering issues

I've tried just about every Froyo based ROM out there and it seems that the most obvious\important in my opinion never get resolved. I understand that these are not official builds however I am not very optimistic that they will be fixed any time soon seeing how they still remain in the newest builds made from source.

Source ROM -
What happened to the DROID notification sound??? :motdroidhoriz:

Face book sync broken - obviously talked about but broken in Saphire FRF83 as well as JRummy. New issue not found in previous Froyo builds. Huge in my opinion seeing how FB contacts are integrated in Handcent and stock Contact Pictures. Just makes overall look streamlined and more visually appealing

Issues found in all Froyo ROMS I've tried

Youtube widget - Works sometimes but mostly never. Works if you remove and re-add the widget to your home screen but as you use your phone the buttons will eventually die on you. Don't know if there is an app\service that when running in the background disables the search and video function buttons but this is an ongoing issue and it's very annoying

Bluetooth broken - I am an avid runner and I use my blue tooth headphones all the time (Jabra BT3030). The actual pairing of the device is seamless, however when you go to play music, there is no sound. All you hear is a faint clicking sound like it's TRYING TO WORK. The only way I can hear music is if I go into Advance Task Manager and KILL the TTS Service. Also, I use the app Cardio Trainer and if you use the Beautiful Widget Silent, it disables the Voice Notifications within the program. Music play is also integrated however it does not work at all. Issues only occur when trying to use blue-tooth. Program works fine with regular headphones but long ass wires bouncing around while running sucks and that's not the point. Not sure if this is an app problem or a Froyo bug but it's in all builds so far.

No "Reboot" Option

Previously loaded still wallpapers never go away when switching to LIVE WALL PAPER. Especially noticeable while using Handcent. Pop up messages will display the previously loaded still wallpapers even if you're currently using LWP. This does not happen when coming from a freshly flashed wiped ROM with the stock gray background. Unfortunately the new source FRF83 comes preloaded with the grass background and that will now pop up on boot and Handcent Pop Messages even if you have an LWP activated

I do appreciate the the work all the developers do to give us all these custom ROMS and they are awesome, however when the same nagging issues follow them around it should be pointed out. It's almost like custom themes take precedence over bugs. Anyway just my 3 cents...:)

EbE404

Reaction score
I've tried just about every Froyo based ROM out there and it seems that the most obvious\important in my opinion never get resolved. I understand that these are not official builds however I am not very optimistic that they will be fixed any time soon seeing how they still remain in the newest builds made from source.

As this is Jrummy's first ROM using the code, he did the very responsible thing and made a very clear disclaimer in the OP that this build was to be used for testing and was a beta. That means things are going to be broken, and if you have a mission critical device (or when you are using it in a mission critical situation), you might not want to rely on this.

Personally, I am using Kangerade as my day to day ROM, then flash this build on the weekends or evenings when I have time to play around with it, try to identify and comment on things that are not working right and put it through its paces so the next build will be better.

Thank you for your detailed descriptions about the issues you are having and your experiences with other ROMs, though. I know it's painful sometimes if you are counting on something to work and it suddenly doesn't, but that process (and detailed, accurate reporting of the issue) not only helps other users but helps the devs figure out what's going on to make the next build better.

ajyasgar

Reaction score
Is WIFI working for anyone?

Working for me just fine, I'm using the kernel the rom came with tho. What issue are you experiencing. Is the wifi flat out not working or is stuck in a scan loop?

It doesn't work for me either. It'll scan and find access points the way it should, but when I select one, it tries to connect and fails every time.

SDI

Reaction score
is there a theme out there that will work,,i have tried them all and the hang at the M

hailtothetheif83

Reaction score
is there a theme out there that will work,,i have tried them all and the hang at the M

Been wondering the same thing... I'm tired of looking at the white notification bar hahaha.

It was nice for a change for a little bit. Hopefully some themes come out soon cause this is working great for me as my daily ROM so far dancedroid

solution

Reaction score
Jun 27 2010 9:04pm

Installed Launcher PRO from market place, install successfull

Quadrant run, stock kernel (what came with the rom) CPU OCd to 800Mhz (Kernel cap)

1st Run: benchmark failed. Received error "The application Quadrant Standard (process com.auorasoftworks.quadrant.ui.standard) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

2nd Run, Score: 1046

3rd Run, Score: 1091

Not really sure why the 1st run FCd. I did notice that the benchmark was skipping around through the tests before it finally quit.

SDI

Reaction score

Been wondering the same thing... I'm tired of looking at the white notification bar hahaha.

It was nice for a change for a little bit. Hopefully some themes come out soon cause this is working great for me as my daily ROM so far dancedroid

So it isnt just me? I have tried literally everything

trumpet444

Reaction score
Yeah, I was missing the DROID notification too. weird. fixed myself tho.
#2 - facebook sync is not working for me either
#3 - gallery stinks, but then again ive NEVER like the 2.1/2.2 gallery anyway. would love to get the old one back (off to find a way)
#4 - market is very slow. not sure if thats a problem with the build or not. once the downloads/installs start its normal but browsing/searching is a nightmare

amwmedia

Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks for the update, JRummy, you da man. :) This is getting close to usable enough for me to use it as my default. Keep up the good work.

joker402

Reaction score
any plans to get this to work with the droid x multi touch keybroard?