(updated 6-29) Froyo Kangerade v0.3.4 - Compiled from source

richjacksonkc

Reaction score
Used the original frf83 Jrummy build all day:

- only a few force closes at first in the browser and I also think this was related to google's location search as someone previously speculated.

- facebook sync obviously didn't work, but twitter, last.fm, and several gmail accounts synced just fine so seems to be isolated to fb

- droid x keyboard not working, (someone previously asked)

- previous google maps version worked fine (from backup) I can upload the file somewhere and post a link if someone wants that instead of installing the latest build

- no other issues to speak of and I've used 30-40 of the most popular apps (mostly just setting them up initially)

- also, no f/c with any other browser I used: skyfire, dolphin hd

I'll update more bugs if I get them...

Thanks for taking your weekend to work on the builds...

Rich

sparty569

Reaction score
Well I always used P3droid 1200 red line series @1100 or 1000, but the new stock build seems to freeze up everytime in setting up Set CPU profiles.So I switched to Chevyno1 1.25 @1100(for the test).as for my set cpu profiles are from cereal killer posted a set up http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/39085-setcpu-profiles-2.html post #17
I originaly started using P3droid but chevy for stock so far set as close to those settings as I can get.
Thanks for that, but what I meant was the CPU Gov. I use On Demand for my CPU Governor, with Chevy's 1.25 LV kernel.

I am just curious, what CPU Governor people are using when they run the Quadrant test.
The link I put there is the exact setup which is ondemand if you go to it and read it you would know,but I will just tell ya.Now ya know. =/
Completely understood and I read it that way, but that doesnt mean people run tests only under OnDemand. It is still possible to run a test under Performance, which, at least on my phone, is better.

Was just curious...guess now I know. :pint:

donhwyo

Reaction score
OpenVPN

Anybody able to get openvpn working? It says it is connected but I don't see a tun0 and nothing in the routes. Server thinks it is connected too.

Thanks,
Don

sparty569

Reaction score
Running so smooth with Chevy's 1250 LV kernal. Awesome work, havent run into any issues yet, but its only been 15 mins. Very promising so far...havent run into any of the issues listed above.

Quadrant: 1494, 1536
Linpack:19.543 MFlops

I completely forgot what the stock Android looks like. It seems like a bad theme. Looking forward to the new release when your touches added.

Edit: I do not use FB Sync.

Last edited:

tony1208

Reaction score
loving this rom ..only issue as we all know is face book sync...anyone try any themes with this ?? nextheme ?

Last edited:

rdburke

Reaction score
What happens when I flash this to my phone and it screws up my camera just like all the other Froyo builds? EVERY build causes my camera to take pink/purple tinted pics and video and NOBODY has even tried to figure this out because it is so sporadic and only affects a percentage of the Droids. Google it, you will see it is a BIG problem. No pics or video is a BIG deal to me but may not be to some other Droid users. You deserve kudos for the job you do on these roms but I and others would elevate you to God status if you could fix this issue.

zm@n

Reaction score
[/CO
LOR]anyone notice longer battery life? I run at 800 MHz sometimes 1100 MHz on smoked glass although performance is awesome battery rarely goes a whole day. I'm new so that is why I ask. Do the low voltage kernels help? What feedback do you guys have? Thank you all

validoption

Reaction score
What happens when I flash this to my phone and it screws up my camera just like all the other Froyo builds? EVERY build causes my camera to take pink/purple tinted pics and video and NOBODY has even tried to figure this out because it is so sporadic and only affects a percentage of the Droids. Google it, you will see it is a BIG problem. No pics or video is a BIG deal to me but may not be to some other Droid users. You deserve kudos for the job you do on these roms but I and others would elevate you to God status if you could fix this issue.

Did it do it before you started flashing ROMs? I ask because I read elsewhere that the pink camera issue is a hardware issue and you should get a replacement. Of course, if it doesn't do it on stock, non-rooted 2.1, that's an entirely different issue.

superwrench

Reaction score
This FRF83 works great for me so far. Better than other Froyos. My maps doesn't update but works ok. Beautiful Widgets works also. I have no more browsers crashing !!!! Yea... Thanks, JRummy.

ajyasgar

Reaction score
Noticed that certain OC kernels (jdlfg's 1.3GHz LV kernel, for instance) will install properly, but ruin the current installation of the ROM.

I installed the 1.3GHz kernel and rebooted the phone, only to be notified that I had zero battery, and the phone shut down. Perhaps that's an issue with the kernel itself, though, I don't know.

solution

Reaction score
FRF83 Test build notes

frf83 Jrummy test build

jun 27 2010 2.45am

Installed rom. Performed full wipe (data/cache/system) Rom installed, no errors

Setup and account synced phone. Market place not fuctioning correctly (standard 2.2 issue) Able to download Quadrant.

Quadrant run, stock kernel (what came with the rom) stock cpu clock (600Mhz)
1st Run, Score: 833

2nd Run, Score: 952

3rd Run, Score: 929

Linpack Runs, Norm Res: 3.36, Precision: 2.220446049250313E-16

1st Benchmark - MFLOPS 9.007
Time 0.6 Sec.

2nd Benchmark - MFLOPS 9.547
Time: 0.57

3rd Benchmark - MFLOPS 9.598
Time: 0.56

Applied market place fix from Team Chaos thread install successfull

Attemped to install Tapatalk application, received installatino unsuccessfull error. 2nd install was successull.

Attemped to install Adroid Terminal Emulator, installation successfull

Homerun battle 3d installed

Installed Google maps 4.3, install successfull. Received "Login Error" upon opening applciation. Plotted location and started navigation app 3 times to 3 different locations. application seems to be working properly

installed set cpu, rebooted phone

Quadrant run, stock kernel (what came with the rom) CPU OCd to 800Mhz (Kernel cap)

1st Run, Score: 1085

2nd Run, Score: 1184

3rd Run, Score: 1138

Linpack Runs, Norm res: 3.36, Precision: 2.220446049250313E-16

1st Benchmark - MFLOPS 11.924
Time: 0.45 Sec.

2nd Benchmark - MFLOPS 12.797
Time: 0.42 Sec.

3rd Benchmark - MFLOPS 12.678
Time: 0.43 Sec.

Installed Beautiful Widgets 2.36, configured app, app is working poperly. (NOTE: Location and temp not displayed properly when in landscape. This is actually a slight spacing issue between the stock 2.2 launcher and widget. Issue does not happen when using Launcher PRO.)

Installed Rockplayer Beta 0.2.8, ran video, application is working properly.

Initial observations:
This build is surprisingly snappy considering the stock cpu is set @ 600Mhz. Im currently running @ 800Mhz and it feels smooth. FPS is a little slow but that's the stock launcher's fault not the system, not enough for me to complain about it.

Its 4am and im ready to crash lol I wanted to get this installed and going b4 i went bed. I'll do more tests and try to get this baby to FC on something tomorrow lol

BTW does anyone know if there is some sort of error log I can look at once an app FCs? That way I can tell ya where the error is taking place.

sorry for the bad grammar and punctuation.. im tired lol :)

tony1208

Reaction score

my camera has been working ok on froyo,if i set the exposure at +1 or +2 then it looks greenish but at 0 its fine.

tony1208

Reaction score
wish the battery was in percentages...thats my onlu disliking but besides that its running great ...cant wait to see how it does today

jgmarz

Reaction score
Frf83

I flashed FRF83 but it doesn't say it in the about phone section of settings. How can I be sure it's installed?