Unleashed 2.7: Satisfying all those stock needs!

Joshmichael91

Reaction score
Download link doesn't work? and does this release fix an issue I had in 2.5 where text messages I recieved would show multiple times?

WiseSalesman

Reaction score
Wow, the Pandora fix wasn't added to this rom?

To fix Pandora, edit the build.prop file. Matt used spaces in the version string. Pandora sends the version string in a URL to the server, and URLs cannot have spaces. Use a file manager to open the build.prop file and change the version string from Epic By Matt to just Epic. Problem solved.

It would be handy to have an official changelog for the rom instead of just "fixed some bugs". I've manually fixed a few bugs that I consider critical and I don't want to reintroduce them.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for mentioning this. Pandora is one of the most popular applications available on Android, and having it inoperative was unacceptable. I can deal with the reboots on unlock once in awhile ... having no Pandora was a deal-breaker.

A couple of quick questions - the only way I could find to edit build.prop was to go get it in RootExplorer, copy it onto my sdcard, and open it through the Astro text editor, edit the copy, then copy it over the original (once again in RootExplorer). That seems really roundabout. Is there a way to edit it directly that I totally missed?

Also, can you point out the other bugs you mention that you manually fixed? If it will make my phone smoother, I'm all for it.

Anyway, so glad to have dlna, blockbuster, et al gone. Thank to Matt for the rom, and thanks to Cexshun for the bug fix.

crome1115

Reaction score
awesome.. thanks for the info on fixing pandora.. apprecciate it.. but i have moved on to using team defuse's (which matt is a part of ) fission rom..1.2.. extremely happy with it and the themes they have so far.. would reallly love to see someone port the black glass 928 theme to use with fission 1.2,, so far my favorite theme but only usable with epic 2.5 and 2.7.. would switch now that i know the fix to pandora but my bt did not work with this rom either..will have to wait and see if someone can port this theme over to fission 1.2

Baseballd2

Reaction score
working themes?

I've been running this rom for the past 2 weeks and its great. I think I like it better than fission.
I've tried flashing blue kangerade theme and it doesn't work. What are the working themes for this 2.7?
On droid 2 files pretty much every theme says fission will these work?

crome1115

Reaction score
no the fission themes will not work with matts epic rom..there are plenty of themes for this rom on these forums under droid 2 themes...they are catagorized by rom with their versions.. fission is a totaly different build than epic..def will not work and may cause you some issues..also...cexshun, do u happen know a fix for the mulitple copiees of text issues. i keep getting all text 3 times using epic 2.5..had to go back to it from fisssion...i reallly liked the fission rom but everything has to be specific to fission..and i love using my 928 black glass theme hehe... cant wait to see epic 3...

crome1115

Reaction score
is there any other link to 2.7? ive tried to download it but it keeps showing the 404 error saying host is no longer available.. any help with this would be greatly appreciated...also.. is there a fix for always receiving duplicate text messages on epic 2.5 and is there anyway to get rid of dupe apps from the 2.5 rom? thanks.

11-Bravo

Reaction score
wheres the link for the epic unleashed rom for droid to cuz grrmode doesnt work

rlee1110

Reaction score
After I flashed the rom it's stuck at the droid logo

I have no idea how to go back. The droid logo keeps popping up and doesn't go farther than that after I flashed this rom. HELP ME PLEASE! What do I do to restore my phone!!

jkcm725

Reaction score
Link not working

anyone know were to get this to down load, matts site is down, and from rom manager will not pull up the roms anymore.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Matt has already stated that he is not supporting Android at this time. If you install 2.7, you'll bootloop.

aviator122

Reaction score
This rom sucked before... it was really slow and it boot looped my droid 2 at version 2.5 for the sake of everyone who tries this rom, I hope you fixed it.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Zibrah3ed

Reaction score
Why post on an obviously dead thread just to talk trash? The dev no longer even works on android.

aviator122

Reaction score
Ohhh I don't know, maybe because his ****ty rom bootlooped my phone. Nahhhhhhh that can't be it. **** off asshole.