Droid 2 Unleashed 3.0!(INFO)

Matt4542

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Well I just wanted to inform all of you waiting for Unleashed 3.0 that it is coming along nicely. I was able to boot AOSP, with a decent amount of bugs that I am going to work on and cvpcs is working on with his Obsidian build(we are not working together), but if he finds fixes they go into my rom and if I find them they go into his. Another thing is that this couldn't have been done without slayher's help, helping me to get the vendor setup working.

Current bugs:
Phone reboots when you lock and then press the unlock button
Sound only works in phone *Figured out why sound isn't working. There is a memory allocation failure. Now that I know what is causing it, it will be easier to fix. Memory needs to be freed for this issue to be fixed.*
Phone defaults to speaker and can not be taken off speaker
Alt lock does nothing
Capacitive button feedback is very weak, meaning you can barely feel it vibrating.
Ill edit when each is fixed...

Fixed bugs:
USB is WORKING - *USB is now fully working thanks to slayher. Working 100%. USB Mass Storage and USB Debugging work. Now I can run ADB logcat and try to solve some other issues.*

I am not going to release this yet until i am able to fix the major bugs(Most likely the top 3)

Follow me on Twitter

Also another thing, people will ask me how this is different from Fission. Fission is not AOSP. It is based off the sdk image released by Motorola. Fission still uses the Motorola framework, it is just a vanilla rom. This rom is a full stock AOSP rom with the stock framework(with two Motorola jar files that are needed) and the stock sliders. This has no ties with blur in any way.

For all the people who wants Quadrants, this is the highest I have gotten. I range anywhere from 1800 to 2167. I usually don't care about Quadrant scores but you all do haha.

zuh9nr.jpg

Here is a updated pic showing off some mods you can use and USB working. Took with ddms :)

aaesf4.png

Video:

[video=youtube;zY9bTfN2R2o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zY9bTfN2R2o[/video]

For the most up-to-date info or you think you can provide help with this please go to my IRC channel

Last edited:

want a droid

Reaction score
Looking forward to this. I'll add all of epic back to the d2 roms list next time I'm on the computer.

Good work.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

wmnomore

Reaction score
About how far are you on this? Can we get a timeframe on alpha or beta releases.
thanks, I'm excited can't you tell?

obutto

Reaction score
Looks amazing man. I love the battery percentage!!!