Unleashed 2.5! Blur-Be-Gone Spray for all those annoying bugs!

hockeyhead019

Reaction score
Anybody find an answer for the pandora issue yet? Love the ROM but pandora is huge for me lol... i mean i can live without it but i heard there is a solution somewhere but i haven't come across it yet...

also is there an official solution to why you receive messages three times? it only happens off and on for me

-Jim

Here is a link to the Pandora fix. Nothing on SMS yet.

yea i saw that, problem being adb doesn't recognize my phone since my ROM change... do i have to reinstall adb or is there a way to get it to recognize my phone? or do i even need to go through the adb shell?

and does anybody know how to set it up so that the phone vibrates when you have it on only vibrate mode? i get txts but it doesn't vibrate, which isn't a huge deal but it'd be nice to fix lol. i've set it to always vibrate in the sound settings menu but don't know where else to look in regards to making it vibrate for txt messages

also my gmail app crashes as well as the email app... i assume this is for relatively the same reason as pandora crashing but can't be sure... so any step by step help with pandora and the gmail issue would be great!

thanks,

Jim

Reaction score
and does anybody know how to set it up so that the phone vibrates when you have it on only vibrate mode? i get txts but it doesn't vibrate, which isn't a huge deal but it'd be nice to fix lol. i've set it to always vibrate in the sound settings menu but don't know where else to look in regards to making it vibrate for txt messages

This is in the settings menu within the text message app. It's kind of a convoluted system for notification vibration settings. Most are in-app. (The vibration setting in the general sound settings menu only applies to phone calls.)

Sent from my Droid R2D2 using Tapatalk

hockeyhead019

Reaction score
This is in the settings menu within the text message app. It's kind of a convoluted system for notification vibration settings. Most are in-app. (The vibration setting in the general sound settings menu only applies to phone calls.)

wow... well i guess in my excitement of the new ROM i missed that clearly visible option haha... thanks for pointing it out... any idea about my other questions?

thanks

-Jim

Reaction score
None whatsoever, unfortunately. Gmail worked just fine for me when I used this ROM.

hockeyhead019

Reaction score
hmm damn... i'm having problems with gmail, the terminal emulator both say that "the application xxxxxxxx has stopped unexpectedly. please try again

so i don't know if this is my phone and something i may have goofed up to get some whack errors or what but if anybody has any advice please feel free to tell me... i'm thinking of possibly reinstalling epic... backing up before that of course but maybe a fresh install would help straighten some things out

Reaction score
hmm damn... i'm having problems with gmail, the terminal emulator both say that "the application xxxxxxxx has stopped unexpectedly. please try again

Well, the terminal emulator problem is happening to everyone. The gmail problem is weird. Did you update the gmail app in the market?

roboots21

Reaction score
I think I found a bug. When I was in the Dialer and I tried to press the little voicemail icon in the bottom of the screen next the green phone handset to connect the call, I get booted back to the homescreen and I lose service for about a second and then all comes back up and is well. Is this a known bug with the voicemail?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I think I found a bug. When I was in the Dialer and I tried to press the little voicemail icon in the bottom of the screen next the green phone handset to connect the call, I get booted back to the homescreen and I lose service for about a second and then all comes back up and is well. Is this a known bug with the voicemail?

Are you using gmail? I don't have this rom and I am experiencing the same issue.

hockeyhead019

Reaction score
yes this rom is deodexed... and prolefeedprocessor i just updated it and everything is fine now... you'll have to excuse my noobish problems as i'm not new to rooting devices/consoles but just haven't done it one a phone before lol so i still have to learn the typical things to check when you have an issue...

thanks for the help though and on a side note, my messages have stopped appearing in 3's, i noticed it stopped one i had some messages there... it stopped around 50 total messages each time i clear my conversations though it comes back

Reaction score
sorry for the noob question. but how do i install this?

"How to install:Important!

You will need to download Koush's bootstrap application and bootstrap your recovery.
Then you can boot into recovery via the same app or you can install via ROM Manager(by rebooting into recovery, not via install rom from sdcard).
Once you boot into recovery do a FULL nandroid backup
and then you go to mounts and storage and mount /system manually to avoid more issues.
Install zip from sdcard and toggle signature verification to disable. Now you can install the zip from the sdcard.
Once this is done, reboot."

I can't remember where I first found these instructions, but this particular copy/paste job was from Android Central. They are for 2.0, but I used them for 2.5 and it worked just fine.

If you need an explanation of any part of the instructions, let me know. :)

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
thanks for the help...i got it now...but damn the booting of my EPIC d2 takes forever

zathus

Reaction score
liking the rom but is there any way to add the original D2 cardock app? I liked that one better. I think its part of the blur or whatever.