Underwhelmed by my X2

Ravyn

Reaction score
my d2g always had about 200mb of RAM...DX2 has about 50 or so.....can someone please explain this?

Also move all of the bloatware apps to your SD card or (media folder) I have about 200mbs free(ish) and I'm not rooted.

whodidthis

Reaction score
my d2g always had about 200mb of RAM...DX2 has about 50 or so.....can someone please explain this?

Android OS's are running a linux/Unix based OS, these devices use RAM and ROM as as large cache/pagefiles (think a variation of a windows pagefile... sorta - like comparing apples to oranges but the oranges are more like grapefruit?)

Thanks for the analogy...now I get it :icon_ banana:

Ravyn

Reaction score
Funny mine has been awesome, charge and T-bolt left a bad taste.

Ravyn

Reaction score

Android OS's are running a linux/Unix based OS, these devices use RAM and ROM as as large cache/pagefiles (think a variation of a windows pagefile... sorta - like comparing apples to oranges but the oranges are more like grapefruit?)

Thanks for the analogy...now I get it :icon_ banana:

Sorry bud, I can't explain it any better. Would need someone familiar with linux to explain it correctly. I know windows, and what I learned about linux is from the linux admins I work with.

Kevin3328

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Can I root this phone by getting gingerbread.apk from 4shared

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Kevin3328

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Gingerbreak. I meant

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Ravyn

Reaction score
Yes gingerbreak will do it. No sbf file though, I'm waiting till it rears its funky little head.

Zetsumei

Reaction score

Also move all of the bloatware apps to your SD card or (media folder) I have about 200mbs free(ish) and I'm not rooted.

Wouldn't you require root to move all of those apps? I know to freeze them you do. Did you just use the generic file manager to do so?

Ravyn

Reaction score
Actually I just moved all the apps I could to the SD card via long press (?) In the manage apps sub screen. Almost all the big ones would move. I hope that helps, I just wanted it off the internal memory portion... where the RAM resides.

zeppelinrox

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Using this script eliminates all lag issues with the X2, no danger bricking since there's an undo in the script. If I had one complaint is you have to reset each time you reboot because for some reason it doesn't run at boot when selected in Script Manager
I *think* I have an answer as to why it doesn't run on boot on some roms.
On recent builds of CM7 for milestone, updating busybox absolutely breaks all init.d boot scripts.
My ext partition apps disappear being the most obvious symptom.

I found that the most recent busybox that doesn't break anything is 1.18.2

So if you have a newer version, revert to an busybox 1.18.2 or less (1.16.* and 1.17.* work fine for me)

If this works, and the script loads on boot, please let me know

Nology

Reaction score
I just got the x2 as a replacement for my broken X and its been fine to me. I'm not rooted and using launcher pro currently. Only had one issue when someone called while I was on the web. The phone rang and I couldn't see who was calling or answer it.