Underwhelmed by my X2

p1ngputts

Reaction score
So I've had a Thunderbolt for the better part of a day now and I can say that so far, I am pleased with my decision to bail on the X2. Just the speed of flipping through screens and typing amazes me. I am sure there will be some bumps in the road (no random reboots yet, but I fully expect them).

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

I think it's just personal preference. My fiance loved the Tbolt and when I got my x2, she wants to switch. I get better battery life and games run smoother. To me, the battery life is one of the more important things. I unplugged my charger at 8:00 this morning and still have 60% left. I even had Pandora running for about an hour and a half at work.

Kevin3328

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I too was a bit underwhelmed by the x2 upon first using it.. I have been experiencing major lag on many tasks.
However I got an app that shows my memory and cpu usage and I noticed I was using 95 to 98 percent of my memory.. ridiculous! since then I have downloaded a couple of apps that manage ram memory.. I love this phone and to me it has a lot of potential.. I was deciding between this and bolt and went with this.. both were great phones.. I just went with this device because of battery life and design is more appealing to me.. don't have the knowledge on rooting so I wont do that. Im coming from DROID incredible to this. Happy now

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Raw Dodge

Reaction score
I sent mine back on the last day...13 days of laggy,rebooting,skipping and popping.Going back to my DX was a pleasure...what a shame. In all honesty there are no phones out period that I want over my Droid X,and that is sad....the devices that are better one area have a weak link in others....

p1ngputts

Reaction score
gingerbread might be right around the corner for the X2... keyword might

GB It's on its easy to X2 and D2G!

last post by op...
oh....sorry.....I was wrong.....soak testing is starting for D2G, D2 will follow suit most likely within a week or 2.....X2 and something else.....I think Dinc 2 are next.

Once again posted thread too quick before verifying what I thought I heard\read.​

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
yeah I should've quoted, but that's why I said nevermind :p

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Idk what you're doing to your X2 but coming from the Tbolt that was rooted/cm7 and oc to 1.4 ghz the X2 runs circles around the Tbolt. Transitions are flawless, I can fling FULL flash webpages with no lag/stutters. The Inc 2 is slow as crap, stutters alot when you switch from screen to screen. I haven't frozen any bloatware on my X2 and the phone is very responsive. I've gotten 40 fps on nenamark over 3k points on smartbench 2011 on first run. I have my X2 loaded down with widgets etc as well and have no issues with stuttering etc. Some people are saying that Pandora stutters and skips, I have NOT had that issue even with only 1-2 bars of service. I'm not worried about the amount of RAM , everyone has the general conception that when you're low on RAM that's a bad thing. If people read that article about how the Android OS manages memory they would understand.

Only suggestion I can say is unfreeze the bloat and maybe try a factory reset and see if that helps. I have a friend hows X2 was exchange cause the software on there was glitched out and it bogged the phone down bad, so that's another possibility for you. That and the screen wouldn't turn on at times but the 4 home buttons would light up. Good luck!

Great to hear people are actually satisfied with the device! Gives me hope that maybe its just user error and not the device. If I start to see more reviews like this I think I'll just have to get the x2 over the bionic and d3!

Sent from my Liberated DROIDX

User error? Seems like all these people have had a DROID before, how can all these issues be from user error?

I spent awhile playing with an X2 and wasn't impressed. It was laggy and slow. I guess that's just user error also though, because I don't know how to use a phone that's nearly identical to mine, minus the processor.

sent from my ZombieStomped X

csimo

Reaction score
I really wanted to try the X2 but when I was looking at it in the store I didn't like the screen. It was brighter than my X, but at angles it looked grainy and I could never get the text to look right. It was really bad on smaller text.

The missing camera button doesn't bother me at all since the one on the X is kind of erratic anyway. I prefer to use an icon on the home screen.

The faster processor means nothing to me since I don't play games, etc. I've never felt like I was waiting for anything on my X (or D1 for that matter).

If the screen was better I probably would have got the X2, but I just didn't like it. I'll wait for something better.

whodidthis

Reaction score
my d2g always had about 200mb of RAM...DX2 has about 50 or so.....can someone please explain this?

kookk

Reaction score
Blur is horrible at managing ram

Sent from my DROID X2

csimo

Reaction score
my d2g always had about 200mb of RAM...DX2 has about 50 or so.....can someone please explain this?

The reason is the new version of Blur on the X2... and rumor has it that it's the same reason the X2 isn't running Gingerbread right now. They have to get the memory usage under control.

Moto is pretty proud of the new version of Blur on the X2, but you see the result... it eats memory. Gingerbread needs more RAM. The two don't mix. Moto will have to optimize Blur on the X2. Personally I'd love to see it GONE.

mumfrey

Reaction score
i also am very unhappy with the performance of my new x2. think i am going to return it and go back to the x. was very happy with the x and this has so far been a frustrating experience. especially since it performs much worse than the x, where i figured the opposite would be true.

kingsway8605

Reaction score

The reason is the new version of Blur on the X2... and rumor has it that it's the same reason the X2 isn't running Gingerbread right now. They have to get the memory usage under control.

Moto is pretty proud of the new version of Blur on the X2, but you see the result... it eats memory. Gingerbread needs more RAM. The two don't mix. Moto will have to optimize Blur on the X2. Personally I'd love to see it GONE.

With the htc desire not having enough memory to run sense and gingerbread, i would not be surprised if the x2 doesn't get gingerbread either since it has the same amount of ram.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Kevin3328

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I gotta say I have worked a few things out since I first got this device.. and actually am really starting to see the greatness this device has to offer.. I found at this point if u find a way to lower the amount of memory this device uses u will be much happier with it. I am not rooted and am new to this forum so I know there will be many more knowledgeable solutions to this phone. It's brand new... im keeping mine.. however if the memory problem is not solved I may have to start taking rooting classes because I don't want to rely on applications to solve a problem that should not happen ion my opinion.. hopefully moto gives users a nice update over the air.. we shall see