Underwhelmed by my X2

bstowers

Reaction score
Root it.
SuperCharge it with these minfrees - 6,12,75,125,150,175 mb
Enjoy your new phone

I rooted and used the SuperCharge script a week or so back and it solved most of my performance problems. Now it's just when I dock the phone (using the desktop HD dock) at night that I have issues. After 30 or 40 minutes, I would hear the notification sound go off, and periodically after that it would keep happening. I got annoyed enough that I dumped a log file and it looks like the device is just running out of memory and the system is going through and killing apps and restarting them. The dock service happens to be one of them, so when it restarts it makes that notification sound because that's what it does when you first plug the phone into the dock. Very annoying. Had to get a replacement alarm clock app that would go off when the phone was in silent mode since that was the only way to shut up the dock notification that kept going off throughout the night. I suspect this process slaughtering is going on all the time, it's just that I only notice it when it's docked because it makes that stupid noise.

These manufacturers (not just Motorola, but HTC, Samsung, etc) really need to give us an approved way to remove their layer of software. Something like doing a factory reset offering you the choice of a) Snazzy, memory-hogging, Blur/Sense/blahblah mode or b) Plain Jane Android. Of course there's no incentive for them to do that, so it'll never happen. A nerd can dream, though, right?

Last edited:

bstowers

Reaction score
Using this script eliminates all lag issues with the X2, no danger bricking since there's an undo in the script. If I had one complaint is you have to reset each time you reboot because for some reason it doesn't run at boot when selected in Script Manager

Have you tried using ScriptManager to run the /data/99SuperCharger.sh script that gets created? I did that per the SuperCharger instruction page and I don't have to reset after reboots.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
^^What he said. You have to make sure both are marked to run as root and run at boot.