Underwhelmed by my X2

Kevin3328

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
If this phone doesnt get gingerbread that would really tick me off.. im actually counting on it.. this is a brand new phone and to not release the most current.version of android would just be pathetic in my opinion

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

wyld

Reaction score
I am so glad I joined this forum if I didn't I would have gotten the DX2 by now! I love my DX!

sent from my Rooted Gingerbread DroidX using DroidForums

mumfrey

Reaction score
@kevin, so how did you get the memory issue under control?

Kevin3328

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
First I downloaded the app quick system info pro to check how much memory the phone was using.. found that it was using most of the time 90-95% at all times... to rectify this I downloaded apps.. memory booster lite, fast reboot, and one other app forgot what its called.. after using these apps occasionally I have been able to keep memory between 75 and 88 or so percent.. this eliminated my launcher pro redraw that was constantly happening and has improved the phone performance of drastically... I want gingerbread that though.. im hoping that will improve phones performance and allow us who purchased this phone to get the most out of it.. especially with the dual cote processor

Kevin3328

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Last app I didn't remember is called.auto.memory manager

mumfrey

Reaction score
@kevin, thx. what a pain, though. we really shouldnt have to jump through hoops like that to get this thing to behave as it should. pretty beat if you ask me....

Last edited by a moderator:

Kevin3328

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yea let me know if it works for u and I totally agree.. im really counting on gingerbread and some sort of update from motorolla.. im still in my 14 day return period.. im getting a lot of negative feedback on this thing but I love the phone so unless this thing starts up on me again im keeping mine it... new phones tend to have a few things bugs.. I just want them fixed

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Pretty amazing, after all of Moto's testing they still release a phone that could use a little more ram or at least better ram management. How does something like that slip through the cracks?!

Kevin3328

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yea I mean the phone performs.well now but I agree with u totally and moto better find a way to get gingerbread on this phone

Zetsumei

Reaction score
Pretty amazing, after all of Moto's testing they still release a phone that could use a little more ram or at least better ram management. How does something like that slip through the cracks?!

Amount of RAM is fine, just motos memory management sux cause of blur.

zeppelinrox

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I am not rooted and am new to this forum so I know there will be many more knowledgeable solutions to this phone. It's brand new... im keeping mine.. however if the memory problem is not solved I may have to start taking rooting classes because I don't want to rely on applications to solve a problem that should not happen ion my opinion..
Root it.
SuperCharge it with these minfrees - 6,12,75,125,150,175 mb
Enjoy your new phone

See the link in my signature.
Or check the sticky at DroidX forums Lag and Redraw Problems?
That was posted by Super Moderator psychotic_penguin

psychotic_penguin

Reaction score
I am not rooted and am new to this forum so I know there will be many more knowledgeable solutions to this phone. It's brand new... im keeping mine.. however if the memory problem is not solved I may have to start taking rooting classes because I don't want to rely on applications to solve a problem that should not happen ion my opinion..
Root it.
Enjoy your new phone

Using this script eliminates all lag issues with the X2, no danger bricking since there's an undo in the script. If I had one complaint is you have to reset each time you reboot because for some reason it doesn't run at boot when selected in Script Manager

whodidthis

Reaction score
Root it.
Enjoy your new phone

Using this script eliminates all lag issues with the X2, no danger bricking since there's an undo in the script. If I had one complaint is you have to reset each time you reboot because for some reason it doesn't run at boot when selected in Script Manager

That's true..no 99supercharger to boot. My 3rd value is at 99 though_75 kept lowering to about 50
Well see..so far so good. Love this phone.

Ravyn

Reaction score
my d2g always had about 200mb of RAM...DX2 has about 50 or so.....can someone please explain this?

Android OS's are running a linux/Unix based OS, these devices use RAM and ROM as as large cache/pagefiles (think a variation of a windows pagefile... sorta - like comparing apples to oranges but the oranges are more like grapefruit?) as long as you have a buffer or RAM available (can be pretty small) the phone is working fine.

Most people are generally windows users so we see low RAM and we generally mildly spaz/freak out. But its ok, its the way the OS was built, for stability, not necessarily speed.

That is the best way I can describe it... but I'm not a Linux expert. One of the rescue squad or actual developers can explain it better.