Underwhelmed by my X2

GrandP

Reaction score
I received a free upgrade to the X2 from my X and I am totally underwhelmed. I have rooted, frozen bloatware and just can't get over how sluggish it is with simple operations.

I am thrilled by the performance with video playback and web browsing, but simple things like unlocking the device, opening up the camera app & snapping a photo, and random dumps from apps back to the home screen are almost unbearable.

What is ultimately frustrating is that my wife just upgraded from an Incredible to an Incredible 2 and the Inc 2 is just an awesome device. It is quick on the things that should be quick (launcher/home screen functions, camera, and unlock) and slightly slower on the things that one would expect it to be (gaming, etc.).

So the moral of the story is, what should I do? I'm considering trading in the X2 for a Thunderbolt due to the ability to have 4G when it comes online in my area and the ability to truly mod the device.

Thanks for any suggestions/comments!

hobby31

Reaction score
I went from an x1 to the thunderbolt to the x2. I agree, the x2 is too slugish and it's pissing me off. Moto really dropped the ball on this one. The thunderbolt is fast and does what it's supposed to do. The only draw back is the battery and for me at least the gps took way too long to lock on. I got an extended battery for it and it worked great but it made it heavier and took away from the sleek look of it. Also wouldn't fit any assessories..ie car dock, desk dock, any cool cases either. I sold my bolt for $350 and bought the x2 outright. I'm thinking I made a mistake. I gave my wife my old x and with gingerbread it just works better than this x2. I'm hoping our first update will fix things up a bit but I might have to see this thing and go for something else. I just can't understand why this thing is so sluggish. I think it needs more RAM.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Are you using the stock launcher? There are some problems with launchers from the market on the X2.

OP
G

GrandP

Reaction score
I tried using the stock launcher (which I can't stand...I'm LPP for life) and I had the same laggy performance using that as well.

hobby31

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm using the stock launcher. I've tried everything I could think of. I'm very knowledgeable about rooting, messing with system files and such. I've frozen a lot of apps and even applied the "supercharge" script it's helped some. It seems like it will run fine for a bit then sluggish for a bit.

Zog

Reaction score
Returned my x2 and kept the x. Terrible phone, why not full refund your x2 and buy a TB or DX back? Can you get an x for replacement instead?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

TreFiDDy

Reaction score
Wow this is kind of upsetting I was thinking about getting a x2 once my upgrade comes but now I'll just stick with my x

Sent from my ZombieStomped DROIDX

kookk

Reaction score
It seems that anyone coming from an og loves this phone and anyone coming from an x hates it.

At least to me compared to my og , the x2 is fast as lightning

Sent from my DROID X2

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
It may also have to do with individual phones being buggy. Maybe just try and get a replacement at least once?

p1ngputts

Reaction score
It seems that anyone coming from an og loves this phone and anyone coming from an x hates it.

Sent from my DROID X2

I would agree with that statement as I came from the OG Droid and love the x2.

juhde

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Sent from my DROID X2

I would agree with that statement as I came from the OG Droid and love the x2.

Same here, love the X2. I don't have any lag problems.

Sent from my DROID X2

streetrod

Reaction score
I am happy with mine, most things work good. The only thing that gets on my nerves is the reboots and having to reactivate it to get the LED to stop flashing.
I hope a software update will address these problems.

zeppelinrox

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm using the stock launcher. I've tried everything I could think of. I'm very knowledgeable about rooting, messing with system files and such. I've frozen a lot of apps and even applied the "supercharge" script it's helped some. It seems like it will run fine for a bit then sluggish for a bit.

What supercharge settings did you use?
You should use custom minfree values... V8 SuperCharger will have a MegaMemory Device setting of 6,12,75,125,150,175 mb so give those numbers a try

captainsloose

Reaction score
i agree with the above posters - i upgraded from my OG rooted droid and this phone is an absolute dream. I even like the custom moto UI stuff, much slicker than my wife's Fascinate

kookk

Reaction score
Agreed I am a fan of this version of blur. If it has smoother scrolling and a customizable dock I would use it over the market launchers

Sent from my DROID X2