Stay with my X2 or stay with my charge?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X2' started by Trip3601211, Oct 25, 2011.

  1. Trip3601211
    Offline

    Trip3601211 New Member

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2010
    Messages:
    367
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    Wisconsin
    Have been playing with the two of these phones for the last couple months and I have been leaning more toward the X2 only cuz the facts that I am not in a fully covered 4G area (extended coverage).The data signal is consistant on the X2 as the Charge is not conected more then 10 minutes and you get a network unavailable error. Wether it be in LTE mode or in CDMA mode both automatic and home. 4G barely (extended coverage, no problem).But 3G never stays and when it comes back its usually a 1X. On the X2 I've never had this problem. It may be due to being on GB and the Charge still stuck running 2.2.1. I'm SO fed up waiting for an OTA for the charge and I am not as much familiar with flashing/rooting as I am with FLASHING on my X2. So theres another + for the X2. The X2 camera is not so crisp as the Charge which kinda sucks cuz the X2 has one 8MP camera on the back and the Charge has the 8MP back and 1.3 Front. (replaces LED notification lights) which sucks cuz I love that on the X2 to let me know whats been missed. Also the Screen on the Charge is hands down gorgeous. X2 is more pixilated or "pentile". So on the X2, I've noticed its much more snappy then the Charge. Especially since the 2.3.4 update for the X2. Has a dual-core as the Charge one. Deff. way more ram 512 I believe. The battery for the X2 was pretty amazing as well but I have a 1930Mah small extended for it. As for the charge Im lucky to ever get anywhere close to a day for battery juice on a regular OEM battery. All this being said, I was intially put on the 2yr contract with an original X2 back in late March. Had sooo many problems with the DX that I swapped with no luck until the 4th LNR when they offered me and my girlfriend a swap with any current 3G phones, we got me an X2 and her an INC2. Already have had a couple LNR with the X2 as well cuz of the 2.3.3 mess they made, point being; I'm on warenty with this X2 and had bought this Charge off ebay, One owner bought from the store. So not sure how the warenty issue goes with that. So makes me lean even more towards selling the Charge and stay with the X2 until somthing better comes around. PROBLEM: I love both these phones, just wish I could take both and put them together as one lol! But don't know which one to sell, which one to keep, So I bring it to the forums for any suggestions or thoughts on my funk I am in, Thank you all that read and help one another on this wonderful website put here for us consumers! Thanks DROIDFORUMS! :rating10:
  2. WookieClaws
    Offline

    WookieClaws Member

    Joined:
    Sep 20, 2011
    Messages:
    244
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Location:
    Oregon
    Sounds like you like the X2 quite a bit... if you aren't getting the benefit of the LTE network and have issues with the 3G on the Charge I would keep the X2. Just my $.02

    I'm pretty happy with my X2, and would consider a used Bionic from ebay in a year or so but I'm in a LTE area (and kind of miss the '4G' speeds I had on T-Mobile).
  3. Trip3601211
    Offline

    Trip3601211 New Member

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2010
    Messages:
    367
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    Wisconsin
    Correction, I was put on the Original Motorola Droid X for the 2yr. Contract. Probably didnt make too much sence at the end but I am clarifying now. Sorry for any confusion lol.

    Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums
  4. Trip3601211
    Offline

    Trip3601211 New Member

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2010
    Messages:
    367
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    Wisconsin
    BTW I'm getting ONE more LNP today...going to see if the performance is up to par before activating since if I go from my charge (4G) to the X2 (3G) I wont be able to use my SIM card anymore...would have to go buy a new one if I would want to re-activate the charge. So my decision is getting closer...(biting nails) :blink: