Is it worth it really?

cece5702

Reaction score
Seems like right many people are having problems with the X2. Everything from lagging, rebooting, freezing, resetting and not liking the pentile screen display.

Other than the fast processor, is it really worth all that? I'm on my second Droid X. I purchased my first one on April 30th, they sent me a new one (not refurbished) and its working great. Clear sound and videos now. I thought about taking this in for the X2 since I'm under the the 14 day policy return again. After reading about all the bugs with the X2 I think I will stay put with My X. I figure once I get the OTA update, I will be good to go anyway. If I am correct the X will get the update before the X2, so thats a plus I guess.

juhde

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My opinion:

With a little tweaking, it's the best phone on verizons line up.

The display is gorgeous, you can nit pick any display about color this and pixel that. There's no such thing as a perfect display.

Maybe there are one or two lemon phones out there, but I didn't get one.

In my experience 80% of the time it's something the user did, not the hardware/software that's to blame.

Don't mean to preach but I just am loving this thing, don't know what else to say.

Only down side is Gingerbread will be hard to wait for.

Sent from my DROID X2

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
What is pentile display anyway? Did you have the X before? I am coming from an Original Droid but I've had the X for about 3 weeks now minus the one I sent back. So when I saw the X I thought "OMG" I loved it!!! I am all for speed with the fast processor but because I've had to return the X once already, I'm sort of hesitant about getting the X2 for fear of bugs etc. Verizon tried to really give me a hard time with returning the X. They tried to send me a refurbished phone after having a new Droid X right out of the box for only two and half weeks.
My opinion:

With a little tweaking, it's the best phone on verizons line up.

The display is gorgeous, you can nit pick any display about color this and pixel that. There's no such thing as a perfect display.

Maybe there are one or two lemon phones out there, but I didn't get one.

In my experience 80% of the time it's something the user did, not the hardware/software that's to blame.

Don't mean to preach but I just am loving this thing, don't know what else to say.

Only down side is Gingerbread will be hard to wait for.

Sent from my DROID X2

juhde

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Pentile display is just the type of digitizer matrix configuration http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PenTile matrix family like anything it has advantages and disadvantages.

I actually came from the original droid right to the x 2, I'm just absolutely loving it. well it may not be 1000 percent better than the original x, it is definitely an improvement.

My main gripe is how everyone keeps dissing on it. Maybe right out of the box it's not the best experience in the world but what is? I spent about an hour doing a little bit it's tweaking, freezing bloatware and now hands down its the best phone I've ever had.

Just my .02¢

Sent from my DROID X2

EDIT: basically pentile display uses about half the power of a lcd, gives a brighter picture, with barely perceptible loss of quality. I'll take the better battery life thank you very much. :)

Last edited:
OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
I appreciate your input. Thanks :)
Pentile display is just the type of digitizer matrix configuration PenTile matrix family - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia like anything it has advantages and disadvantages.

I actually came from the original droid right to the x 2, I'm just absolutely loving it. well it may not be 1000 percent better than the original x, it is definitely an improvement.

My main gripe is how everyone keeps dissing on it. Maybe right out of the box it's not the best experience in the world but what is? I spent about an hour doing a little bit it's tweaking, freezing bloatware and now hands down its the best phone I've ever had.

Just my .02¢

Sent from my DROID X2

EDIT: basically pentile display uses about half the power of a lcd, gives a brighter picture, with barely perceptible loss of quality. I'll take the better battery life thank you very much. :)

juhde

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No problem. o/\o

Sent from my DROID X2

music life

Reaction score
i like mine alot. i got it yesterday and have been on it almost every min for the past day. battery seems pretty good for how much i have been using it.

i have had a few issues but very small. the backround goes black when i use live backrounds... thats pretty much all ive seen so far.

no reboots no freezes. havent seen much lag.

i think it depends on what you are coming from. im coming from a old flip phone so this is awesome. maybe coming from a DX1 it might not be worth it.

but i think its gonna be top dog for awhile. VERY HAPPY :)

jmars125

Reaction score
I've had the x2 for about 5 days now after you freeze all the bloat and customize the phone to your liking it is a wonderful phone the battery life is pretty good I take it off my charger around 530am through pretty moderate use lots of txting web browsing and a some gaming when I get off around 1700 or 5 pm I have about 30%left I am coming from an lg optimus v.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

dAi

Reaction score
Seems like right many people are having problems with the X2. Everything from lagging, rebooting, freezing, resetting and not liking the pentile screen display.

Other than the fast processor, is it really worth all that? I'm on my second Droid X. I purchased my first one on April 30th, they sent me a new one (not refurbished) and its working great. Clear sound and videos now. I thought about taking this in for the X2 since I'm under the the 14 day policy return again. After reading about all the bugs with the X2 I think I will stay put with My X. I figure once I get the OTA update, I will be good to go anyway. If I am correct the X will get the update before the X2, so thats a plus I guess.

Hey ill buy your Dx if you plan to sell it, pm me or email me at [email protected]

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
There were rumors that the X2 was going to come with GB. My guess is there is a GB build that will be leaked for the X2 pretty soon. I'm on GB on the X1 which means I have the new blur. I'm not real sure there will be a giant difference anyway (stock)?? Maybe a bit more smooth?

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
Um...I'm not sure how that works but if I sell my Droid X to you, than how will I be able to get a new phone under Verizon? Right now I am still under my 14 day return policy so I would need to have something to return to Verizon in order to get a new phone.

Hey ill buy your Dx if you plan to sell it, pm me or email me at [email protected]

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

juhde

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
There were rumors that the X2 was going to come with GB. My guess is there is a GB build that will be leaked for the X2 pretty soon. I'm on GB on the X1 which means I have the new blur. I'm not real sure there will be a giant difference anyway (stock)?? Maybe a bit more smooth?

The new blur is a tad bit smoother. The best improvements are visual.

A lot more stuff is blue now.

Sent from my DROID X2

elucid

Reaction score

I know what you mean. Why is everyone hating on the new phones?

All i hear is (for all phones): Why doesn't it have GB or why does it cost so much, or why isn't it dual core, orwhy didn't it have another kind of display, why isn't it 4G?

juhde

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
@elucid yep, I'm getting sick of it. I guess I'm just trying to do my part by defending the x2. Cest la vie.

Sent from my DROID X2