Is the screen really that terrible?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X2' started by lordgold, Aug 11, 2011.

1. gr8scott_o

gr8scott_o Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have MANY complaints about the DX2, but the screen isn't one of them. To me, it looks great. Comparing the DX and the DX2 side-by-side when I first got it, I was very happy with the new screen. I don't see the issues with the green that everyone else does, but since there are plenty of people who swear they don't have the audio issues that I do, I will take their word for it that they have issues that I don't. Maybe some screens are worse than others?

I do seem to see more of a "lossy" effect in the background of Angry Birds, but I haven't compared side-by-side with the DX I still have in the house here to see if that is limited to the DX2.

To the OP, you should carefully review the threads in this section about the DX2, the screen would be the least of my concerns.

2. magman

magman Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i came from the og droid and find the x2 screen way better then the og droid the screen was my biggest worry about the x2 as my local store didnt have a x2 display model so i got it anyways and thought wow.......i dont see any of the isues these others talk about other then one thing the blur i did notice slight ghosting in bright green colors when they are moving fast.

3. lordgold

lordgold New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Picked my X2 up today, and the display is pretty terrible compared to the Droid. However, it's only really noticeable with certain colors, and the speed of it is blowing me away. I love it.

Just my luck that I buy it the day news comes out about the SGII. :[

4. Wongway

Wongway Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Lol, well, it's not as if you weren't warned! Congratulations! You have just confirmed you have a more discerning eye for quality!

Still, like others have said, the screen is not the phone's weakest link... so let's hope the other issues don't detract from YOUR experience!