Original Droid Showing It's Age: Upgrade Time

jmars125

Reaction score
Its incredibly easy to root the dx2 with gingerbreak

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

kookk

Reaction score
Yea it took under a minute to root my dx2. I really ha e no complaints with it after coming from my og except the speaker is noticeably quieter than the droid, but the droid was also just super freaking loud

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

mikespe

Reaction score
Yea it took under a minute to root my dx2. I really ha e no complaints with it after coming from my og except the speaker is noticeably quieter than the droid, but the droid was also just super freaking loud

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

WOW! Already rooted! I thought the bootloader in all the DX's were locked? I may have remembered that wrong!

I am up for renewal in July...so I'm hanging in for the Bionic...but I hope VZN doesn't go tiered on me until after I get the Bionic. If it isn't released by August I may have to see what else the market has at that time. I love my Droid 1 running UD3.1.1....overclocked to 1ghz....but I too am seeing it's age even overclocked....but let me tell you I don't think you'll see another phone like the D1...it by far ruled the smartphone world for a LONG time!

OP
H

Hitman84

Reaction score
I'm all set with switching to at&t for an atrix, lol. I've been looking at the charge but alot of the reviews seem to think it comes up short except for battery and screen.

gsdreams

Reaction score
I'm all set with switching to at&t for an atrix, lol. I've been looking at the charge but alot of the reviews seem to think it comes up short except for battery and screen.

So less network coverage, no 4G (reported on AT&Ts forums), and directly to tiered data.

Definitely an interesting choice.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes be careful of ATT, because although they advertise 4g, in a sense they don't really have it yet.