Just got X2 and wondering if I should switch to D3

grnidkjun

Reaction score
Ugh.. I swear sometimes access to too much knowledge on these boards isn't always a good thing! ;)

I just got the X2 on 7/1 so I'm within my 14 days so far.

*knock on wood* I've had no issues with it so far and like it.

I can synch it to my calendar, get my emails and sms/txt.
Do my web browsing.
Get a few widgets to make it "pretty". Angry Birds, do a little reading and other minor apps. PDAnet installed fine and works with my pc as well. (no root)

Even motoblur isn't bothering me too much.
After winmo, touchwiz and spb shell, it's not that much of a leap.

I'm sure I'm overthinking it and second guessing but I am looking forward to write ups from those of you who get the D3 and can do actual comparisons this weekend.

My ultimate goal is to give this phone (whether it be the X2 or D3) to the Mr. and use the other upgrade for when either the S2 or Bionic come along and are worked out.

So, who has had the X2 and has jumped ship over to the D3?
I love the bigger screen on the X2 and am wondering how drastic it would feel to go back down to the 4"

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well, considering the Droid 3 isn't out yet, nobody can really give a good answer. You can order it today, but the soonest you can get one is tomorrow with overnight shipping.

sent from my ApeX

OP
G

grnidkjun

Reaction score
I know.. and I'm sure I'm overthinking it.
I'm looking forward to reading what everyone has to say about the D3 in the next few days.. I'm sure some of them will be putting it through it's paces.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't think its that big of an upgrade. No 4G, locked bootloader, pentile screen. Front facing camera, processor and Gingerbread preloaded are the only things that are better than the Droid2

sent from my ApeX

Beka27

Reaction score
The D3 and DX2 are very similar phones. The differences will be in hardware: screen size and inclusion of a physical keyboard.