Gonna order a droid x2. Should I get insurance??

jacobbones

Reaction score
So Im pulling the trigger and upgrading from my env touch to the droid x2.

Just wondering if the insurance is worth getting.
I thinks its 6 or 7 bucks a month with 50 deductible.
Never had insurance on a phone before, but never had a good phone either.

Anyone have an opinion? Do they give you the run around when you make a claim or is it easy etc...
Id hate to have it, drop and break the phone and then be told oh well thats not covered.

Reaction score
It's always a gamble with insurance. If you usually take care of your phones and coming up with the $$ to replace it should something happen, you probably don't need insurance. On the other had, if you're hard on a phone or won't have replacement cost readily available should you happen to break it, insurance may not be too bad. I paid for years for the insurance on other phones for my wife and I and never used it. I added up what we had spent on insurance plus deductibles and decided it just wasn't worth it. We both have Droid 1's now and just kinda take our chances. If we needed to we could afford to replace one if something happened.

jseah

Reaction score
Actually, the deductible from Asurion for smartphones is something like $90. The $50 deductible is only for feature phones. The monthly insurance premium is also $1 higher for smartphones than for feature phones (although I'm pretty sure the $7 monthly cost you quoted is the correct price).

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Really? You need to ask? Purely on the side of common sense, unless you have more cash than the aforementioned common sense, why wouldnt you get insurance?

$7 a month x 12 months = $84 a year + the $89 deductible = $173.00...to insure a phone that costs roughly $600 if you have to pay full retail...works out to be almost as cheap as the "new 2 year contract price from VZW, and just a tad more than the Amazon/Wirefly price...no-brainer IMO...:icon_eek:

joelbon

Reaction score
And if you take care of your phone and nothing happens to it, then you just spent $84 on absolutely nothing. I will take my chances and not get insurance. Although, I am prepared if something bad does happen.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I don't get insurance because of the poor quality of refurbished devices should something happen to yours. I just treat my phone with care.

TJF2011

Reaction score
I don't get insurance because of the poor quality of refurbished devices should something happen to yours. I just treat my phone with care.

I agree with the poor quality of tue refurbished phones.. they say they are just like new.. ya right.... However i did buy the insurance from best buy so i can throw my phone against a wall all i want and they will keep replacing my phone at no deductible cost... Its really 50/50 whether you will really "need" it.. however its nice to know if i brick my phone from rooting or something i can just throw it against a wall and get a another phone.. ive had droids since they first came out.. never had to make an insurance claim yet (knock on wood)

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

AngryHatter

Reaction score
The refurb I got is fine. Looks new, and hasn't had an issue as of yet.
And if you're not getting insurance and don't like VZW refurbs, would you rather have a craigslist used model?
Meh

Last edited: