on the fence-X2 or D3

kdw11005

Reaction score
I went from a thunderbrick to samsung charge....hate the charge, I still have time on my 14 day return and now i'm between the X2 (I LOVED the original X but I'm not sure how much the 2 is like the original) and the D3. I know the obvious difference is the keyboard, I can take or leave the physical keyboard, I'm talking about the differences between the two phones....which do you think is the better phone and why? I would love to hear from ppl that have these phones. I know enough not to ask anyone that works for verizon since they just look at the price tag.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
The X2 has a bigger screen, but there have been tons of complaints about the Pentile screen. I honestly don't think its bad, but some do. And I have heard some complaints of the DroidX2 lagging through homescreens a lot.

The things that put the Droid 3 ahead would be its keyboard, processor, and camera.
Its also global.

So I would say the Droid 3, but its really all opinions.

The_Rick_14

Reaction score
These comments are strictly based on a small amount of time I spent using each of them at a Verizon store.

Personally, I'm drawn more to the Droid3 mostly because I've only had a D1 in the past and the 4.3'' scree feels large in my hand.

Either the OMAP processor or the DDR2 memory (I don't recall what type of memory the X2 has) makes things very snappy. And that's really the main difference between the two phones.

I'd say your best bet is to get to a store if you can and spend some time with both. Try some things that you would usually do with your phone and see what feels best.

psychotic_penguin

Reaction score
I had an X2 out of the box it was a pooch. After getting it dialed in I was pretty impressed with it, still felt it was rushed for release and it really needed GB.

Now that GB's out on it, I kinda wish I still had it to see if I was right.

I got a D3 on release day and it was enough for me to sell the X2 I missed the physical keyboard. performance wise the D3's a bit better, then again it came with GB preinstalled.

For me I had a D1, went to an X, then a TBolt and to the X2 so I was used to the 4.3" screen, but the D3 is 4" and I consider tis as perfect.