Anyone else noticed..

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Man, you cant even read the text on the X2.. I'm going to have to go see it in person. Wish I could just keep the screen that I have!

Elkay

Reaction score
Man, you cant even read the text on the X2.. I'm going to have to go see it in person. Wish I could just keep the screen that I have!

Yep. It's situational, which is why some people aren't complaining. Some things look great, others look *awful* though. It all depends on how much gradient and text on color background you're looking at. If you have poor eyesight, it might mask it to a certain extent, too.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Funny, I've been sitting here staring at my X up close! I guess I just need to head to a VZW store and check the X2 display out. Sometimes it really does boil down to personal opinion and how picky one is!

HEMLOCK

Reaction score
I guess people always find something to complain about!

I think the display is amazing! Bright, crisp, & clean! No complaints here!

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
You definitely need to see it in person and using it the way you normally would...my wife has been using her X2 since Saturday - texting, email, calendar, apps, web browsing, videos, and has had zero issues w/the display clarity. She's been on it almost 24/7 as she has been quite smitten with it, so she's logged a lot of hours on it. I've used it for the same things (but just for helping her set things up and see how it works, so I've spent less time with it).

We've had zero instances when either she or I have had any issues w/the display, in fact she's commented on how much she likes it...

Last edited:

jmars125

Reaction score
Here's my question why would you worry about its green txt problem I don't see very many websites or videos that use this kind of background. Yeah if you really look close enough you can see the dots on the phone battery but who cares I still think the screen is awesome but each to their own.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Elkay

Reaction score
Here's my question why would you worry about its green txt problem I don't see very many websites or videos that use this kind of background. Yeah if you really look close enough you can see the dots on the phone battery but who cares I still think the screen is awesome but each to their own.

It was an extreme example. The artifacting happens with all the colors. As another example of a real-use problem with the display, check out this picture of my friend. The display has a huge over-saturation problem that is made very evident by tanned skin tones. View this picture on the X2 and an X1 or a computer display and you'll see what I'm talking about. Her skin goes from a red/pink to an almost white instead of the gradual tanned skin it's supposed to look like.

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/30733_393802231746_568106746_4554898_6120254_n.jpg

30733_393802231746_568106746_4554898_6120254_n.jpg

jmars125

Reaction score
I dunno but you must have some great eyes cus the pic looks fine to me. I guess im just not that picky.

Elkay

Reaction score
I dunno but you must have some great eyes cus the pic looks fine to me. I guess im just not that picky.

Lol.. I know my friend is hot, but those colors on the DX2 are WAY off. This picture isn't an example of the artifacting like the battery or the text on green or the such, it's an example of very inaccurate color reproduction.

For the record.. I do have 20/15.

ahC_hED

Reaction score
I also agree that she is hot. Picture looks great to me. :) you can also play with the settings. I know there's some to adjust.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

wseyller

Reaction score
I was interested in the X2 and came across this post. I could not believe that the display on this phone could be bad. So I went into verizon yesterday to see it for myself. I was shocked because it does look aweful. This phone is off my list. I'm on the droid 1 and my screen looked much better. The other new phones looked great but not the X2

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

J

JriderG

Imo she looks old. But to each their own, right?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

kylekruchok

Reaction score
I notice that my backgrounds look like garbage, like some sort of posterized effect was put on... but when I open the same picture in the gallery, or on Flickr / Facebook, the photo looks fine. Perfectly.smooth gradients. Any ideas?

OP
gambit07

gambit07

Reaction score
I notice that my backgrounds look like garbage, like some sort of posterized effect was put on... but when I open the same picture in the gallery, or on Flickr / Facebook, the photo looks fine. Perfectly.smooth gradients. Any ideas?

I noticed the backgrounds were bad as well but it didn't go away when viewing it with gallery. Sometimes pictures are stretched when you set them as your background, I've seen it on others phones but I always use flikie or a background app on mine so I'm not sure what to tell you.

Again everybody, the issue isn't that the X2 is unusable by any means, and some people will be fine with it. Unfortunately I play games and watch some movies, and picture/background clarity is pretty important to me so the flaws in the pentile display bug me too much to keep it. HOWEVER it does seem to give pretty good battery life, I had service turned off on the phone which makes a big difference but it was sitting on my desk for 5 or 6 days before it died and that was with me messing with video stuff for a couple of the days.

kylekruchok

Reaction score
I used the dimensions of the original background when cropping, so I'm at a loss.