Undecided! Need help.

infiniteillusions

Reaction score
I'm sure this question has been asked numerous times throughout this forum, but my question is which device should I get.

- Motorola Droid X

OR

- HTC Droid Incredible

After many complaints to Verizon, I got a call from "The office of the President", and they offered me an Exclusive upgrade. I could get the Fascinate, Droid X, or the Incredible for either 1 or 2 years. My upgrade date is December 13, 2010 for my annual upgrade. I've went in the stores and messed around with the Fascinate, Droid X, and Incredible. I do not particularly care for the Fascinate, although the screen is nice. I took a strong liking to the Droid X. So I guess my question is , which would be the best pick for me. I wanted a full touch screen and no physical keyboard. So maybe you all could help me make a decision. Or should I just simply wait till December/January for something better?

droidman101

Reaction score
I'm sure this question has been asked numerous times throughout this forum, but my question is which device should I get.

- Motorola Droid X

OR

- HTC Droid Incredible

After many complaints to Verizon, I got a call from "The office of the President", and they offered me an Exclusive upgrade. I could get the Fascinate, Droid X, or the Incredible for either 1 or 2 years. My upgrade date is December 13, 2010 for my annual upgrade. I've went in the stores and messed around with the Fascinate, Droid X, and Incredible. I do not particularly care for the Fascinate, although the screen is nice. I took a strong liking to the Droid X. So I guess my question is , which would be the best pick for me. I wanted a full touch screen and no physical keyboard. So maybe you all could help me make a decision. Or should I just simply wait till December/January for something better?

wait for the tegra 2, it will be better than all three of them combined:)(plus it will most likely be 4g ^.^)

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
What phone do you currently have? The only thing I am worried about the T2 is that might possibly have a bad battery life. The only thing holding back smartphones today is the lack of a battery technology better than lithium ion. Also if you do decide to wait tor the T2, Verizon is going to implement tiered data plans for its 4g phones. No more unlimited data. Personally I like the Droid x because of the larger screen. But it depends on what you like.

Trying out Sprint for a month. Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk. 4G is pointless when you don't live in one of the few available network areas.

OP
infiniteillusions

infiniteillusions

Reaction score
What phone do you currently have? The only thing I am worried about the T2 is that might possibly have a bad battery life. The only thing holding back smartphones today is the lack of a battery technology better than lithium ion. Also if you do decide to wait tor the T2, Verizon is going to implement tiered data plans for its 4g phones. No more unlimited data. Personally I like the Droid x because of the larger screen. But it depends on what you like.

Trying out Sprint for a month. Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk. 4G is pointless when you don't live in one of the few available network areas.

Well, I used to have the original Droid but someone pushed me in a pool while it was in my pocket :( So, now I've been using the ....*sigh* Storm 2. I know, I know! Regarding the T2, no one knows when this device will launch either. So that's kind of up in the air. I'm one of the cities 4G will launch in too, and I'd want a 4G capable phone, but again, no one knows when they'll be available. So should I get either a Moto Droid X? Incredible? or just hang tight and wait it out?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I say wait - There are plenty of threads here about the SuperDroid - Tegra 2 - Moto Olympus - LTE - with all of this talk on upcoming devices there is no way I would use my upgrade now

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
. So I guess my question is , which would be the best pick for me. I wanted a full touch screen and no physical keyboard. So maybe you all could help me make a decision.

I am puzzled! You mentioned what you wanted, tested what is available, mentioned that are using an old phone yet you are seeking input. Didn't one of the phones jump out at you? If so, then that is the one. If not, and you are OK with the old phone, wait!

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I say wait - There are plenty of threads here about the SuperDroid - Tegra 2 - Moto Olympus - LTE - with all of this talk on upcoming devices there is no way I would use my upgrade now

Don't forget the iPhone ;)

OP
infiniteillusions

infiniteillusions

Reaction score

Are you kidding me? I wouldn't buy another iPhone. Period. I had one. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt. While I do like the Droid X, I don't want to commit to a 2 year contract only to have 4G phones possibly a few months away. VZW won't give any details on what phones they have coming out. All I know is, when Sprint's 4G came out, they didn't release the EVO until almost a year later. That might be the case here. I was hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction. Or see what some of you folks might do in this situation.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
What's the guarantee with that coming in January?
You said that you liked the X then go with that or just wait for a 4g phone next year if you want 4g more than a new phone at the moment.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score

Are you kidding me? I wouldn't buy another iPhone. Period. I had one. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt. While I do like the Droid X, I don't want to commit to a 2 year contract only to have 4G phones possibly a few months away. VZW won't give any details on what phones they have coming out. All I know is, when Sprint's 4G came out, they didn't release the EVO until almost a year later. That might be the case here. I was hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction. Or see what some of you folks might do in this situation.

Then do a 1 year contract. This is like chasing the Golden Fleece! Something new is always on the horizon! Some folks have a need to have the latest and greatest, biggest, shiniest device available. Others are content to purchase a phone and keep it even past their contract.

My point, there are no crystal balls. For me, this is like purchasing a car, it comes comes down to personal preference.

I hope you make a decision that works for you.

OP
infiniteillusions

infiniteillusions

Reaction score
What's the guarantee with that coming in January?
You said that you liked the X then go with that or just wait for a 4g phone next year if you want 4g more than a new phone at the moment.

What are your thoughts on this? Upgrade now or wait? Any idea on when 4G smartphones will hit VZW?

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Then do a 1 year contract. This is like chasing the Golden Fleece! Something new is always on the horizon! Some folks have a need to have the latest and greatest, biggest, shiniest device available. Others are content to purchase a phone and keep it even past their contract.

My point, there are no crystal balls. For me, this is like purchasing a car, it comes comes down to personal preference.

I hope you make a decision that works for you.

Well stated. A one year contract seems good. Also the first 4g devices are almost always pc modems.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
What are your thoughts on this? Upgrade now or wait? Any idea on when 4G smartphones will hit VZW?
What do you mean "What are your thoughts on this" everyone has given you valid opinions and you continue to ask the same question -