Should I trade up from my Droid 1?

leland

Reaction score
I have Droid 1 (original) for Verizon in excellent condition. Have bought extended battery and the Seidio Innocase. Runs great, but it's heavy and lags. Mainly because I use Touchdown and there's not enough RAM for it. It also doesn't overclock stable past 900 MHZ. Frankly I'm getting a bit bored with it and want to try something newer, lighter, slimmer. I'm looking at the Fascinate, Droid Incredible or maybe even the Droid X. I'm also likely to switch to WP7 when it comes out, but that could be forever on VZW.

Questions for you:
1) Should I change upgrade?
2) Which one would you pick?
3) What's fair pricing in a trade or if I had to sell my device later?

Some options I have...
1) Buy a like-new Fascinate w/ extended battery for $300
2) Trade my Droid + accessories + $100 for a Droid Incredible

Thanks in advance for your opinions.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
i switched from Droid 1 to the Incredible and don't regret it at all. I used an upgrade so I got it for around $150?

The only downside is battery life of the Incredible. My phone is on 24/7 and I've noticed lately the battery drains fast, and I just got this thing days before Thanksgiving. I love how light, slim, and fast it is, but the battery life is a big factor. I usually last the whole day and around 30% til when I'm usually home (unplugged roughly 12-14hrs a day). I will be buying a backup battery soon though, I don't want to make this thing bigger or heavier so extended battery is out of the picture for me.

As for pricing, I've seen some OG Droids go from $200-$270 depending on condition.

OP
L

leland

Reaction score
So I think I'm going to trade the Droid +$100 for a Fascinate. At least I hope so if the CL guy doesn't flake.

Skunkworkx

Reaction score
The only downside is battery life of the Incredible. My phone is on 24/7 and I've noticed lately the battery drains fast, and I just got this thing days before Thanksgiving. I love how light, slim, and fast it is, but the battery life is a big factor. I usually last the whole day and around 30% til when I'm usually home (unplugged roughly 12-14hrs a day). I will be buying a backup battery soon though, I don't want to make this thing bigger or heavier so extended battery is out of the picture for me.
I downloaded the juice defender from the market (free) and battery is almost doubled....one issue is it needs to be turned off for certain apps to work first

darkmatter

Reaction score
root the droid and be happy until dual core phones come to market. I wouldn't settle for something in between atm.