My girlfriend needs help picking out a phone

ultrastigi

Reaction score
My girlfriend is deciding between the incredible or the fascinate. Which one do you guys prefer?

I know im asking for taste and brig very vague. Just a random question.

tapping and talking on the go.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have her visit a VZW store and test drive both. One will make an impression.

OP
ultrastigi

ultrastigi

Reaction score
We were at a vw store and she is trying to get a blackberry. Im trying to convert her to the droid world. Im making her choose blackberry or me and the droid. Hahaha

I think she is leaning towards the incredible but I always liked the facinate. Im gonna take her to a real VW store tomorrow to try them both. The store we went to was a 3rd party store and didn't have displays and they didn't know anything.

Hmong_Xiong

Reaction score
my bro has the fascinate and my friend has an incredible...
i go with fascinate bc it has the 'hummingbird' processor which it is suppose to make lag-free on apps...also it has an led screen which is nicer...the only thing i like from the incredible is HTC's widgets...which u can get the fascinate and buy it off the market...but all we know is that both r better than mine

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
When choosing my upgrade I went with the Incredible. It felt better in my hands and I like HTC Sense compared to whatever Samsung has. I don't like the Samsung UI so that's what helped me decide for the Incredible.

Plus I'd be the only person I know who has an Incredible so I wanted to be original :)

donerico

Reaction score
One of thew things I don't like about the Fascinate is the lack of LEDs, I like having different LED notification colors for different applications. Also, my son has a Fascinate and his GPS really sucks, I don't know if this is typical or just his phone.

GDP

Reaction score
^^^ that is the thing that bothers me most about this phone. I love the phone overall, but not having the led notification light really irritates me especially when I am at work

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

FFandCS

Reaction score
My wife got the white samsung from best buy a few weeks ago for 99 bucks, she loves it

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Beka27

Reaction score
I didn't realize the fasc. doesn't have led notifications. I agree, that's one of my favorite things. I have different colors set for text and email so I can see what I have waiting without turning on my screen.

(from Beka's DX)

ZBacks

Reaction score
Make sure she doesn't want real buttons, if she has fake nails she will hate touch screen texting. My Fiance went from a BB Bold to a BB Storm2 and now is selling the Storm because of her hate of the touch only screen with her nails. Going to go with the Pro now.

lgonzal3

Reaction score
Go with the incredible, the lack of LED Light colors, makes it a deal breaker, not to mention Samsung UI, HTC is the top dog in android imo!

OP
ultrastigi

ultrastigi

Reaction score
She did say she wanted a real keyboard. She doesn't want all touch screen.

harrellj

Reaction score
She did say she wanted a real keyboard. She doesn't want all touch screen.

That leaves her 2 choices, the Pro (very BB-esque) or the D2.

Yeah, yeah.. I'm on my phone. So?